Henchmen4Hire

LEGO Gachapon?

What do y'alls think about a LEGO Gachapon machine? (A gachapon machine is one of those machines that take coins and a random goodie in a capsule pops out.)

Minifigures (disassembled) would work, the capsules would have to be slightly larger though, to accommodate some of the special pieces like Mermaid tails.

I'm thinking more along the lines of minifig accessories though since we already have the CMF series. Pop in a quarter and you get a random helmet, or kitty, or air tanks, or coins, etc. Maybe 2 or 3 accessories per capsule?

The main problem I see is that the treats might be too expensive as LEGO tends to be. I doubt people want to pop in anything over 50 cents just to get a random hat when Bricklink offers a sure bet for a similar price. Of course, you have to pay shipping too so the gachapon may be cheaper way to accumulate goodies.

So, to get around that, the gachapon machines can have exclusive colors and minifig parts! Orange spiky anime hair, pants with special printing, trans-purple trident, female Space Police 3 officer torso, alien heads, things like that. Put one of these machines in a LEGO Shop and I'm sure there will be lots of trading going on, not to mention lots of selling since kids/parents will probably dump all their change into the machines haha

Is this a good/bad idea?

These actually exist in Japan as far as I know.

This is true, although these are (as far as I know :laugh:) limited to mini-scale and small Star Wars models, and CMFs. Not quite the idea that DrNightmare posted. :shrug_oh_well:

Heh, yeah, the goal is to keep the items cheap (less than 80 cents maybe) so people will blow their spare change on them. Things like exclusive head prints or fancy capes would work, why bother with CMFs when you can just go feel up the bags and get exactly what you want. :)

I had a similar idea last year actually. Only I was thinking $4 or $5 each for a whole minifigure. I was planning to fill it with mainly the newest CMF series, plus a handful of classic space, castle, town and pirate figs.

But I don't think I've seen a machine over $2 here in Australia.

I found a few brick-built candy machines on Youtube, but I think minifig parts or special bricks would be a great idea.

Edited by Lightning Dragon