Morten

2 new Batman sets in 2007

MAN-BAT!

KGBEAST!

That's all I have to say. And Man-Bat needs to be a new sculpt, or bigger than normal minifigs. He's the megablocks-kicker. And KGBeast beat Nightwing's megablocks some time ago... he's cool.

Actually, helicopters need more space than people think to take off and land. They certainly don't land completely vertically.

Nice pics. Looking forward to buying the sets. 2007 is getting expensive.

Actually, as a former member of the U.S.Army I can tell you that helicopters DO take off and land completely vertically, if the pilot so desires. Trust me on this one.

The only space that the pilot needs is enough room to clear the main rotor.

Actually, as a former member of the U.S.Army I can tell you that helicopters DO take off and land completely vertically, if the pilot so desires. Trust me on this one.

OK, I freely concede I know little about helicopters. My information comes from a friend who has a PhD in aeronautics and teaches at Cranfield Uni (Britain's only engineering Uni with its own airstrip). He has so many pilot's licences its incredible, and a Probational Black Belt in Kempo Jujitsu (I digress, sorry).

He says when the air ambulance is called, many emergency personel fail to establish an appropriate landing location. They have the assumption that the helicopter can land vertically which (according to my friend) can't happen. It takes off and lands at an angle.

He says when the air ambulance is called, many emergency personel fail to establish an appropriate landing location. They have the assumption that the helicopter can land vertically which (according to my friend) can't happen. It takes off and lands at an angle.

Perhaps some helicopters can take off vertically, and some can't. Just a thought.

Perhaps some helicopters can take off vertically, and some can't. Just a thought.

My friend was using the air ambulance as an example, not as a rule.

My LEGO helicopter never used to take off vertically! :-D

Heehee...those "funny names" are actually silly, semi-lame villains made up for the 60's Batman TV show :-D

Some more: King Tut (and his lovely assistant Clea Patrick), Shane (old west outlaw type), Louie The Lilac, The Siren, Chandelle, Ma Parker...

I loved that show!!!

We need a Ultimate Collectors' Edition 1966 Batmobile...

The Toywiz site has the names of these two sets listed for summer release:

7786 Batcopter: Chase for the Scarecrow

7787 Bat Tank: Riddler and Bane's Hideout (guess that should settle who the third minifig is :-) ).

Just a few thoughts on these sets:

The batcopter looks decent and seems an obvious choice for a set, but the Scarecrow in a Biplane struck me as odd until someone mentioned a crop duster. I like the idea of Scarecrow flying over Gotham 'dusting' the city with his fear gas.

The Bat Tank also looks good, but shouldn't it have a battering ram in front - breaking through barriers directly with your tank treads doesn't strike me as a good idea.

The hideout looks o.k. My favorite part is the large section to the left. There appears to be a large printing machine with money laying about. Looks like Riddler and Bane are in the counterfeiting business.

The best part of the set for me is the Bane minifig. I can't tell if he's on some sort of weapons trike or a heavily armed motorcyle with sidecar.

My biggest question now is - is that it? It was reported here on Eurobricks that there would be 4 new Batman sets this year, but the dealers catalog and Toywiz both list only these two sets. I'll be bummed if we only get 2 sets and one new villian for 2007. I guess we'll find out in February with the NY Toyfair.

Ken

P.S. First post - hey everyone.

Ken

P.S. First post - hey everyone.

Welcome, Ken. Why not introduce yourself in the "new members" area?

Hmmm...a tank sounds pretty interesting. Although, I wish they would bring out a few more villain vehicles; Batman seems to be getting all the attention as far as rides go.

Yay! Bane is in the Hideout!

Who else thinks there arn't enough Batman sets this year?

Where's the smiley for an arm raised?

Me!

That's why he used the question mark. It's not confirmed that it's Bane in the Riddler set, but it looks likely.
Bat Tank: Riddler and Bane's Hideout #7787

Told ya ;-)

-l2k-