Pandora

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Day One

That was a rhetorical question shaggy.

"Shaggy...?

:sad:

This old codger has feelings too!

Anyway, down to beeswax. I'm a bit suspicious of that Ian fella. My views are certainly aren't cemented yet, sonny, but you're my best hunch so far. What say you?"

Just look at that beard you've got! Maybe you should shave.

"Been meaning to, but those 2 bossy people removed anything sharp. I'd rather have a bear instead of a gravestone, though, so its alright."

"Shaggy...?

:sad:

This old codger has feelings too!

Anyway, down to beeswax. I'm a bit suspicious of that Ian fella. My views are certainly aren't cemented yet, sonny, but you're my best hunch so far. What say you?"

"He doth protest too much"

"Been meaning to, but those 2 bossy people removed anything sharp. I'd rather have a bear instead of a gravestone, though, so its alright."

A bear?! oh2.gif Does this mean you've let a bear loose in the station? Can I diffuse it somehow? Gary Jr.! default_sing.gif Help me disarm this bear!

What did you just say? I'm totally confused now. :wacko:

A bear?! oh2.gif Does this mean you've let a bear loose in the station? Can I diffuse it somehow? Gary Jr.! default_sing.gif Help me disarm this bear!

"Gack! I bitht my tongth, sowwy. Well, thish ish therrible. No bear, though."

I'm still here, and I feel like TrumpetKing isn't adding anything to the conversation.

OoC: (should I refer to people by their IGM, rather than username?)

OOC: I'd call people by their character names.

Isaac has not added much, he sure has been sweeping a lot instead, but I guess there's not too much to add at the moment. But maybe he should do a little more than just sweep and stare, even if that is what the janitor does best.

I'm still here, and I feel like TrumpetKing isn't adding anything to the conversation.

Well, is there much anyone can add to the conversation at this point? As far as I can tell, we have no leads. Isn't that right, Jr.? :wub:

I wo'l ike to ay tha the'r might no be nothing to sa', but tha' no reason to waste time. I sho' know, I've recieved hero of the year awads.

(I would like to say that there might be nothing to say, but that isn't a reason to waste time. I should know. I've received hero of the year awards.)

Please, guys, don't start pointing fingers because some people have been quieter than others. The chief's death has probably affected some people worse than others.

Well, is there much anyone can add to the conversation at this point? As far as I can tell, we have no leads. Isn't that right, Jr.? :wub:

And he's right, too. Though we should start figuring out what we canadd... Anybody have any leads? Any reports of suspicious activities?

Please, guys, don't start pointing fingers because some people have been quieter than others. The chief's death has probably affected some people worse than others.

And he's right, too. Though we should start figuring out what we canadd... Anybody have any leads? Any reports of suspicious activities?

At the moment no one can have any leads. The only leads we can get are by getting the inactive players to speak up more and get more out of them. Of course, we aren't even very far into the first day yet, so we'll just have to see how everything goes before voting time.

At the moment no one can have any leads. The only leads we can get are by getting the inactive players to speak up more and get more out of them. Of course, we aren't even very far into the first day yet, so we'll just have to see how everything goes before voting time.

PLAYERS?! Players?! This is not a game miss Samantha! I'm going to have to ask you to pee in this cup.

Hands Samantha a plastic cup

PLAYERS?! Players?! This is not a game miss Samantha! I'm going to have to ask you to pee in this cup.

Hands Samantha a plastic cup

Calm down, Adam. Just a slip of the tongue most likely. And I'm not sure I see how urine analysis might help us in the case of a murder.

Does anyone have anything at all?

*Headdesk*

I think we should start talking to each other on a personal level. Nothing will be accomplished if we sit around blindly accusing people for no reason whatsoever, and meanwhile the scum are probably plotting behind everyone else's backs.

Lesson Two: Playing the Game

As indicated in Lesson One, the Mafia know who’s on their team, but members of the Town only know their own role. The Town should therefore try to find the Mafia. This "scum hunting" involves "reading" other players and gauging their reactions to accusations. This is pretty hard to do on Day 1, as there is not much to go on, but it will become slightly easier on later Days as the Mafia often get tangled in their own web of lies. As a member of the Town, be sure to look back at voting patterns from earlier Days and try to find inconsistencies in players’ reasoning. As Mafia, your goal is to remain undetected and make the Town think you’re one of them. Except to avoid information getting in the wrong hands, a member of the Town generally does not have to lie. So, when playing Town, try to not lie unnecessarily, as this will make you look scummy. As Mafia, you have to try to appear Town, so it’s advisable to keep the amount of lying to a minimum.

Because the Town is essentially clueless on Day 1, it is almost impossible to trust anyone on Day 1. The Mafia will want to eliminate players with Night Actions first, because they can, for example, uncover them (Cop) or prevent the Mafia’s Night Kill (Doctor). Therefore, if you are Town and have a Night Action, you have to be very careful who you share this information with. Because it’s almost impossible for a member of the Town to trust anyone on Day 1, you generally should not tell anyone about your Night Action early in the game.

Oh, how horrible. :oh3::cry_sad::cry_sad: Chief Jack Stone (May God rest his soul!) was a honourable Chief of the Police. It will be hard without him. I mean, as his secretary I was very close to him. :blush:

I can not understand how it is possible that someone shoots anyone else. This is so cruel! I understand from what Chief Poppy said that it is supposed it was any of us? Why did you do that?? Shame on you?

And why are all those weapons hanging there? :sick: Can someone please put them away? In a weapon cabinet for example? Do we even have something like that? And who should do it? I don't know anymore, whom I can trust. I am freaking out! :sing:

Wait. *huh*Randy mentionend that the Mafia is supposed to kill more people at night? Are you sure? And we are all locked up? Can't we go home? There we could be safe maybe?! And who is going to care for my cat? The same thing that happened to Tinckles won't happen to my cat Marzipan, will it? :cry_sad::sing:

Mod Note

No out-of-character posts are allowed in the Day threads, which means you have to refer to players by their character names, and no in-character posts are allowed anywhere outside the Day threads (Rule 6). Please contact the hosts using your Role PM for questions like this (Rule 10)

OOC: I'd call people by their character names.

Isaac has not added much, he sure has been sweeping a lot instead, but I guess there's not too much to add at the moment. But maybe he should do a little more than just sweep and stare, even if that is what the janitor does best.

Similarly, do not reply to out-of-character posts (Rule 6).

All of this is spelled out for you clearly in the rules. So, please read the rules and the lessons very carefully.

The Rules

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

<...>

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the hosts via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Once voting starts, 24 hours into Day 1, rule violations will be dealt with in accordance with Rule 11. No exceptions!

To summarize all of this:

Read!

This is horrible. :cry_sad: Out of all the times I could've been locked up here it had to be now. :hmpf_bad: You better reveal your selfs, Mafiosos, or you're gonna get it. :wink:

...That wink is firghtening me, "missy."

Hmm, I see it quite strange as well. What did you intend by this, Samantha? You didn't even go into Jean's statement really. :oh3: Do you know maybe who is member of the mafia? Are they clients of your filthy business? :look: Or are you even self member of the Scum? *oh2*

Now I have arrived, and are ready to take down some scummy scum.

So did you, Kendra, didn't you? You are quiet at first, then you show up and state only that you showed up. Hmmm, just to show that you are not quiet? Then you show up again and accuse someone particular (Isaac) of adding nothing to the conversation. Despite your weird behavior talking to Isaac with some random nickname (i guess) and talking to someone who does not seem to be here (who is Ooc? :wink: ), you seem very keen on behaving innocent. This is either quite scummy or inexperienced in playing this game carrying out an investigation. But you received the "hero of the year award", so you can't be that inexperienced, can you? Or were you just lucky getting these awards? *mumble*I still do not quite understand why I was transferred to the desk and why it is not ME who got the hero of the year award. It was me at last surviving in the hail of the bullets.*

I would like to know how you explain your behaviour. Just one other thing: Why do you even mention that you are still here? We are locked up? We can not go anywere else. Or do you have a key to the backdoor?

Hmm, I see it quite strange as well. What did you intend by this, Samantha? You didn't even go into Jean's statement really. :oh3: Do you know maybe who is member of the mafia? Are they clients of your filthy business? :look: Or are you even self member of the Scum? *oh2*

I find the wink strange too, but could you clarify on this (the bolded part)? I just don't understand what you mean about that since Samantha wasn't talking too Jean at the moment. :sceptic: I'm just trying not to miss anything. And I think now we might be starting to get some good conversations going. :thumbup:

Hi, I'm Jared, for those of you who don't know. I will be sure to get to the bottom of this... :wink: After all I have expertise in catching criminals... :laugh: The Mafia better watch out!

Who drinks the Starbricks coffee now? I have at least 25 kg of Starbricks coffee left. Only Mr. Stone has drunk this coffee.

However, I've baked a special cake. It's a New Bricks cheesecake with cherry jam topping. I've decorated it a little bit according to the today's events.

8026186666_738e8d0960_n.jpg

Hi, I'm Jared, for those of you who don't know. I will be sure to get to the bottom of this... :wink: After all I have expertise in catching criminals... :laugh: The Mafia better watch out!

"Okay, I think my tongue has healed.

Introductions are fine and dandy, sonny, but could you atleast try to reply to somebody?

Also, I'm not sure if Samuel's comment was suspicious, but anything is worth looking into in this dump."

Who drinks the Starbricks coffee now? I have at least 25 kg of Starbricks coffee left. Only Mr. Stone has drunk this coffee.

However, I've baked a special cake. It's a New Bricks cheesecake with cherry jam topping. I've decorated it a little bit according to the today's events.

Oh, Christine that looks heavenly...too bad I'm filled up on floor sausage. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, I'm sure I can "convince" Joe to make some more coffee. All he needs is a little brewing.... :wub: