Darthking623

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars minifigures?

In no particular order:

Boba Fett (UCS and Original):

As others have said the UCS variant is great in every way and compliments Slave I very well alongside it. The original however, I will always like a bit better because it has that classic, nostalgic feel to it which I don't think you can ever take away figure like that, no matter how good it's current variant is.

Hoth Pilots (Current Variants):

I'm a lover of all things Hoth! And I think the spectacular detailing on the torso and legs really sell the minifigure for me.

Darth Vader (Both Variants):

Again like Boba Fett, I love the extra detail in the latest variant, but the original is just as good, and even though the helmet isn't perfect I think it's still a great figure.

Grand Moff Tarkin (Original):

I think there's always a figure in everyone's collection which they like but can exactly pinpoint why, and for me it's Tarkin.

Bith:

Love these guys, and I think their Lego counterparts are fantastic.

Special Notice should also go to Kit Fisto, Palpatine and The Grand Inquisitor.

Edited by Tariq j

Its also nice to see some mentions of the most recent Darth Vader figure with the printing and especially the new helmet mold since a lot of people dont really seem to like it.

I personally think, even if its still not perfect, its a whole lot better than the old one we now had since the beginning of Lego SW which just was too small and made the mask look rather cute than menacing

Yeah, I love the way Vader towers over other Imperial minifigures now. The old version was shorter than most other Imperial minifigures with hats or helmets, and a short Vader doesn't look right at all. I also don't mind the bobble-headed design, since it matches other modern variants of Star Wars minifigures. They're all bobbleheads -- that's just current "Lego style."

Edited by Raskolnikov

Out of all the official figures I've got, these are my favourites:

- Darth Malgus [Old Republic Sith Fury Class Interceptor, still one of the best figures ever made!]

- C-3PO [The Force Awakens polybag edition, the most detailed C-3PO figure to date, I just love the look of it.]

- Darth Revan [i already love the fact they even made a figure of him in the first place, so add to that the way they nailed his design, fantastic.]

- All of my Rodian figures [i just love all the different alien species in Star Wars, and the Rodians are certainly no exception!]

- Ithorian Jedi Master [Fair enough, I bricklinked one pair of legs and half a dozen Ithorian heads, but I say it still counts since, again, it's all about the alien species himself, which is among my favourite Star Wars species]

- Jawas [The old ones from the first Sandcrawler, mind you. The new ones simply have eyes that are far too large!]

- Old Republic Republic troopers [The best looking Star Wars LEGO troopers, in my opinion!]

- Bossk [What can I say? I like Trandoshans...]

- Bith figures [Another one of the many, many Star Wars species I love, and their minifigures don't deserve any less of that.]

- Old Republic Sith troopers [Also among my favourite LEGO troopers.]

- Boba Fett [from the 2010 Slave I, since I don't have the more recent ones, which would otherwise qualify.]

- Starkiller [from the Rogue Shadow set, I remember it as being one of my most favourite figures back in the days and I still think it's a cool figure. I remember tinkering around with Force Unleashed stuff for many hours in its early months..]

- Battle damaged Darth Vader [Also from the Rogue Shadow set, a very unique Darth Vader minifigure.]

- Chrome Darth Vader [it's Darth Vader... and it's chrome, need I say more?]

- AT-AT driver [2015 edition from the mini walker set, there's something about the colour scheme that looks awesome and works well on the stormtrooper-ish AT-AT driver helmet, it also just looks and feels retro, which is all too nice!]

Edited by General Magma

Me too, wouldn't say I'm an imperial 'fan' but I do have a lot of sheevs goons. Interested to see your Yularen legs, I was thinking of getting the legs from the cmf witch and erasing the black and white lines above the 'knees' to get the tunic and boots look.

I used the white and black legs from the CMF monsters mad scientist. Less to erase off. Just waiting to snag the new Galactic Empire Battlepack to give him his black kepi.

I used the white and black legs from the CMF monsters mad scientist. Less to erase off. Just waiting to snag the new Galactic Empire Battlepack to give him his black kepi.

...even less erasing if you use plain black legs! (most accurate would be white hips and legs that were only white on the upper part, ending where the crotch ends, since he wears black pants & presumably black boots in the film)

Some of my faves:

Darth Malgus

Theron Nett/Red 10 from the Microfighter

Throne Room Duel Luke

X-wing Pilot Poe Dameron

Chopper

I like all the modern astromechs (when they started printing the full domes), but they're pretty gigantic compared to the minifigs... Chopper's size is great, he looks good, and his head also fits wonderfully with the R2-Q5/R5-J2 body to make another black & orange Imperial astromech! (I do hope we get "Chopper in Imperial disguise" from when he replaced an Imp courier droid in a Rebels set eventually... black head with red trim, white body & legs, not the slapdash "Breaking Ranks" crappy paint job...for that matter, I'd love some of conehead R4s, too, including that courier droid!). I wish the astromech bodies, including Chopper's, didn't have 4 studs, but just one in the middle so the heads could all turn. That'd make 'em practically perfect, even at their too-tall size.

1) Agent Kallus

And I'll be honest, 60% because he has the most amazing facial hair in the galaxy

Sing it, brotha! There's too few Lego figs with awesome facial hair regardless of theme. A close second behind Kallus is probably the criminal from Tire Escape: http://brickset.com/...-1/Tire-Escape. Mustachio!

Edited by Junior Shark

Agent Kallus

Anyways, I actually upgraded the figure significantly because Lego chose to dress him completely in black for some inaccurate reason. I replaced the arms with dark bley and legs with Batman's dark bley/molded black boots (which look amazing on every Imperial Officer incidentally; I just ordered a bunch off Bricks & Pieces for this very reason) and he's virtually 1:1 to screen appearance. Gorgeous!

I ask to see a picture of your modded Kallus,please. :sweet:

1) Agent Kallus

He is actually my favorite Star Wars character. And I'll be honest, 60% because he has the most amazing facial hair the in galaxy and 40% because of David
Oyelowo's epic voice. Plus he's amazing in combat. He destroyed Zeb in battle with the same type of weapon that Zeb has used his entire life. Anyways, I actually upgraded the figure significantly because Lego chose to dress him completely in black for some inaccurate reason. I replaced the arms with dark bley and legs with Batman's dark bley/molded black boots (which look amazing on every Imperial Officer incidentally; I just ordered a bunch off Bricks & Pieces for this very reason) and he's virtually 1:1 to screen appearance. Gorgeous!

I did exactly the same for my officers! Looks so much better in my opinion!

24691296810_93aefe61b1_c.jpg

24947911520_e537263a4d_c.jpgTop 5 by LegoMedGuy, on Flickr

SMOOTH HAIRED LEIA - I have an addiction to this figure. I don't know if it is because the first one I ever found was at a flea market for $15 and was the only thing I found that day or just that it was the first rare figure I ever got. Either way with 12 of them now, it's safe to say she is my number one figure!

DARTH MALGUS - The shoulder pads on this figure really make it great especially how the breathing apparatus comes up on the face. I also like the slim cape that he has as it falls out of the shoulder pads perfectly.

GAMORREAN GUARD - For me this figure is all about the color. It pops out when mixed with other characters! I also think that the update from the original version is spot on and really made the character look authentic.

COMMANDER WOLFFE - Out of all the clone commanders, Wolffe is the best. His armor is distinctive which translates to a very cool Lego figure. Also the clever idea that he leads the Wolffepack is just too awesome!

CAPTAIN PANAKA - I know there is a lot of hate for the prequels, but the helmet on this guy makes the whole figure for me. I always thought it looked good in the movie, and when the figure came out I had to have it.

Honorable mentions - Chrome Gold C-3PO, Aayla, and AT-DP Pilot

Edited by LegoMedGuy

Thanks to this thread, I now want a whole fleet of the AT-AT microfighters for the AT-AT driver figure. I have one, a second on the way and the one that came with 75054.

I did exactly the same for my officers! Looks so much better in my opinion!

24691296810_93aefe61b1_c.jpg

Brickset sadly doesn't have anyone selling the boots :sceptic: but that's going to be a future must for me when I buy the new imperial officers off of brickiest. They look astonishingly good, why isn't that what TLG uses as legs?

Edited by Forresto

Brickset sadly doesn't have anyone selling the boots :sceptic: but that's going to be a future must for me when I buy the new imperial officers off of brickiest. They look astonishingly good, why isn't that what TLG uses as legs?

You can buy them direct from Lego through their Bricks & Pieces service.

SMOOTH HAIRED LEIA - I have an addiction to this figure. I don't know if it is because the first one I ever found was at a flea market for $15 and was the only thing I found that day or just that it was the first rare figure I ever got. Either way with 12 of them now, it's safe to say she is my number one figure!

DARTH MALGUS - The shoulder pads on this figure really make it great especially how the breathing apparatus comes up on the face. I also like the slim cape that he has as it falls out of the shoulder pads perfectly.

GAMORREAN GUARD - For me this figure is all about the color. It pops out when mixed with other characters! I also think that the update from the original version is spot on and really made the character look authentic.

COMMANDER WOLFFE - Out of all the clone commanders, Wolffe is the best. His armor is distinctive which translates to a very cool Lego figure. Also the clever idea that he leads the Wolffepack is just too awesome!

CAPTAIN PANAKA - I know there is a lot of hate for the prequels, but the helmet on this guy makes the whole figure for me. I always thought it looked good in the movie, and when the figure came out I had to have it.

Honorable mentions - Chrome Gold C-3PO, Aayla, and AT-DP Pilot

You do realize your "commander wolffe" is not wearing commander Wolffes helmet?

You can buy them direct from Lego through their Bricks & Pieces service.

Excuse me what? Thank you a bunch that is going to be so useful!

Excuse me what? Thank you a bunch that is going to be so useful!

You might want to check the "Licensed parts on Bricks & Pieces" thread on the Licensed forum. You can get a bunch of awesome pieces on B&P. Few of the best ones: the new Endor rebel (torso & legs) for less than €1,50, Endor Han (torso & legs) and complete Final Duel Luke.

You might want to check the "Licensed parts on Bricks & Pieces" thread on the Licensed forum. You can get a bunch of awesome pieces on B&P. Few of the best ones: the new Endor rebel (torso & legs) for less than €1,50, Endor Han (torso & legs) and complete Final Duel Luke.

Where can I find the individual parts numbers so I can order some of these?

Where can I find the individual parts numbers so I can order some of these?

I just enter the set number and then scroll down and check the pieces available. I am waiting for my last order to arrive and many parts were still available, like new Vader's helmet or Finn's torso, but Finn's hair was out of stock.

My favorites from the collection in no particular order... I'm not going to spend hours trying to decide on that :laugh:

• Boba Fett (Desert Skiff): the most accurate version, up until the UCS one that I don't (yet) have
  • Oola (Jabba's Palace): put bluntly, this fig is sexier than the real thing
  • Darth Vader (Death Star Final Duel): love the new helmet, period
  • Darth Revan (polybag): KOTOR being one of the best games ever made, this is one fig I had no regrets paying 30€ for
  • Kylo Ren (Command Shuttle/Takodana): the different heads are both a must have for one of the most complex Star Wars villains in ages

So since this is a list of favorite minifigs owned it is different from my favorite minifigs overall. P.s. since I came out of dark ages of not collecting Lego about a year ago, my list might not be as impressive as some that people have posted here.

1) Dart Vader(75093) Its second version of Vader I own the first one was classic Vader from 2005. When comparing 2 versions you can see how far Lego has come in terms of minifigure quality: better torso and leg printing, new and improved helmet! 2015 version of Vader is just a perfect representation of iconic movie villain!

2) TFA C-3PO with red arm This is simply the best version of this protocol droid: highly detailed printing on arms and legs, and very accurate to the movie.

3) Kylo Ren (75104/75139) Great representation of a really interesting character. Even though Kylo's outfit in the movie isn't anything special, Lego managed to make a really detailed minifigure. While his helmet looks oversized, it's still a good representation of it. As for printing on the head I equally love both printed mask under the hood, and his face. His lightsaber is really good looking, but I wish it was done more accurately to the movie.

4) First Order Stormtrooper (75103,75104,75132,75139) What's there to say about newer, slicker looking Stormtroopers, besides that I want to have a ton of them for FO army?

5) Grand Inquisitor (75082) A really terrifying and impressive character on the Rebels show, his minifigure looks equally impressive. Love that he has unique armor piece, helmet and a lightsaber hilt. The only minor nitpick is he should have had elongated head to represent Pauan race.

6) General Grievous (75040) Even though Grievous improved body mold was made in 2010, I still think that this 2014 variant is the best version of the character.

7) Anakin Skywalker (9526) Really like this version of Anakin: accurate representation of EpIII Anakin. Torso and leg printing is superb, and I especially like 2 sided head: 1 normal face, 1 Sith face .

8) Finn (75105,75139) A great representation of a great character. Love the detail on jacket and face design. The only nitpick is lack of leg printing, but it's so minor that it's easy to forget.

Honorable mentions: Captain Phasma, Luke Skywalker (75093), Sabine Wren , Obi-Wan Kenobi(75040).

Edited by benderisgreat

So I also just came out of the dark ages but I've been in a buy crazy(with restraint) mode on some of these. When I say buy crazy I mean check ebay very frequently to find good deals.

Anywho here it is

Custom Commander Bly+Cody+Galactic Marine- Got these at a killer price on ebay compared to their new price. Not sure where he got the galactic marine though, I'm dying for three more.

Aayla Secura- One of my favorite jedis, although it CW and not ROTS I still really like her.

Light up series- Feel like they're very unique to star wars (except for a police one who no one remembers)

New Obi-wan- I like the leg printing and more accurate to ROTS than previous ones.

New General Grievous- same reason as Obi-Wan

Commander Jag- I like my pilots, also very accurate to the movie.

Hoth Princess Leia- Got her in a lot I bought and kept her, very smooth figure that looks nice.

Geonosis Mace windu- I love the detail on this figure in printing both the legs and the body with that white tint, don't have him on me but he's in the mail/

I'll post a picture of these guys once I get a frame finished later this week, I don't like them sitting out as dust is not friendly.

My very first ones from SW IV

Only Han's DL-44 & Leïa's Defender Sporting Blaster are not originals

_DSC8109.jpg

_DSC8110.jpg

_DSC8116.jpg

_DSC8114.jpg

Gil

Edited by Gil

My very first ones from SW IV

Only Han's DL-44 & Leïa's Defender Sporting Blaster are not originals

Gil

Hey where did you get those custom guns?