Darthking623

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars minifigures?

My favorites so far are Luke Ewok village, Darth Sidious (RotS shuttle), Captain Rex, Pong Krell (torso and leg printing). Bossk, and A-Wing Pilot.

Least favorites are Saesee Tiin (Clone wars), Hondo, old Ahsoka Tano, Ewoks, and the Royal Guards.

My favourites currently: Boba Fett, Han Solo, Commander Gree and Chewbucca.

I'm sad to say that my least favourite would have to be the upcomig Luke in the Cantina this summer. I just can't stand the face TLG put on him.

I'm sad to say that my least favourite would have to be the upcomig Luke in the Cantina this summer. I just can't stand the face TLG put on him.

That is true. He looks as if he was trying to shave his face with a lightsaber.

My favourite would by far be Luke Skywalker in pilot outfit.

Least favourite-wasn't a huge fan of the clone wars anakin

Ok the idea struck me after I got a new set today with a fantastic minifig and since we already started a "favorite set" thread already, why not go for one dedicated to minifigs as well?

Making a Top 5 or 10 or whatever including set/year of the specific minifig and why its one of your favorite was the idea :wink:

I go for a Top 5 since I only have around 2 dozens of minifigs:

1. Boba Fett (2015/UCS Slave1) -

Greatest SW Set with the greatest SW Minifig to me. Outstanding and ridiculously fine printing detail with a used look and lots of shiny silver, including arm and toe printing as well as great accessories. Just spot on for the character and I will forever love that freakin Helmet design!

2. Darth Malgus (2012/Sith Fury Interceptor) -

What makes Malgus beyond "standard" minifigs is definitely his unique armor/respirator that fits the head as well as the narrow cape perfectly and even has very detailed printing that fits the printing of the body underneath. On top of that the fine leg printing is super crisp. All in all this figure just feels very unique and has a very fitting menacing vibe.

3. General Veers (2014/AT-AT) -

Well this one is definitely bias as you can probably tell by my profil-pic :grin: He is not as detailed and breathtaking as the other 4 in the list, but I always liked his character most out of the empire officers. Nevertheless, he is a unique figure with his very own torsoprint (love the general combat suit with the rank on the chest) and helmet as well as a great head that includes a headset detail.

4. 41st Elite Corps Trooper aka Kashyyyk Scout Clone Trooper :laugh: (2013/Kashyyyk Troopers Battlepack) -

The camo print on this guy is truly a sight to behold. Its on par with the ridiculous level of detail found on ucs boba fett and he is even better than the standard kashyyyk Camo Clone Trooper because he gets a unique helmet that screams Episode 3 - Battle of Kashyyyk (Even like the minifig more than Commander Gree, who has a spectacular Helmet in Silver/Green but a torso print I found a bit underwhelming in comparison)

5. Resistance X-wing Pilot aka Snap Wexley (2015/Resistance X-Wing Microfighter) -

Two reasons: 1. Mindblowing helmet with 2 different plastic types (white helmet and transyellow visor) and superfine and impressive printing that nearly goes all around.

2. The "classic" X-Wing overall/jumpsuit we know and love since "A New Hope" evolved with a very realistic and serious type of printing and color choice. The printing is just amazing and goes trough hips and legs to create a nice and complete look.

(Choose this one over the FO Tie Fighter Pilot because its just more colourful and interesting to look at despite the groundbreaking new Helmet for the TIE Pilots with the Hose)

Edited by BigEl

I make custom minifigures, so I definitely prize those, but in terms of real figures, I really love most of the new Nexo Knights figures, and you can probably guess which one the most! :laugh:

1. Boba Fett (Slave 1) - from my wife, so it has special meaning.

2. Luke (Ewok Village) - just great printing.

3. Classic Boba Fett - just a great chunky old school Star Wars Lego.

4. Yoda (2013) - great update to one of the most important characters.

5. Chewbacca (new) - another good update to a classic character. The height is great.

1. Darth Malgus (2012/Sith Fury Interceptor)

As stated above, absolutely menacing figure, printing is perfect, and the unique respirator/armor just pushes it over the top. of all the sith so far he is a step ahead

2. Boba Fett (2015/UCS Slave1)

I wanted to place him first I really did, I am a huge bounty hunter fan across the board and it's all due to Boba Fett. but when it came down to it the presense of Malgus just edged past the Mandalorian (also there are so many Boba figures that it makes Malgus even more special)

3. Starkiller / Galen Marik / Vader's Aprentice (2008 Rouge Shadow)

Starkiller, made the list due to his unique roll in star wars (Legends) being the only character I know to be trained first as sith, before ultimately becoming Light. add to that his printing is some of the best of the time he became an instant favorite. also due to the timing (came out of dark ages) he is a sentimental favorite.

4. Jedi Knight (2013/Jedi Defender Class Cruiser)

as a Zabrak he is already in the minority for star wars characters sharing the species with Savage Oppress, and Darth Maul, but uniquely to him is his flesh color skin. add on top of that a wonderful set of armor prints on chest and legs and you have a great figure for any Jedi battle scene.

5. Boba Fett White (2015/character book)

I've always loved the classic white armor concepts of Boba Fett, and the old 2010 version has had a place of honor on my shelves a long time. but the new version just stepped it up to the quality the armor deserved to have. including the signature red triangle centered on the helm.

Honorable Mentions: Darth Revan, Oola, Boushh(Leia), and Classic Boba Fett

Edited by GallardoLU

1. Boba Fett 75317; I bought the Cloud City freezing chamber just to obtain the figure. Wish I had the original and the version from the UCS Slave 1.

2. Wookie 7258: these minifigures are fantastic and rather difficult to get. This figure brings back so many memories as it came from my favourite set when I was younger.

3. Greedo 4501: an amazing figure and set, was a strange and new figure for the time of release.

Edited by Ellisss_

1. Pre Vizsla (2012)

2. Darth Revan (2013)

3. Ahsoka Tano (2013)

4. 501st Clone Trooper (2013)

5. General Greivous (2014)

Runner-ups : Phase 2 Clone Trooper, Coleman Trebor, Protoype Boba, Jango Fett, Darth Maul (Clone Wars)

I came out of my dark age fairly recently so most of them are fairly new:

5. Jek Porkins

4. Kylo Ren (Takodana)

3. White Boba Fett (DK)

2. Darth Vader (75093)

1. Captain Phasma

1. Boba Fett (Slave 1) - from my wife, so it has special meaning.

2. Luke (Ewok Village) - just great printing.

3. Classic Boba Fett - just a great chunky old school Star Wars Lego.

4. Yoda (2013) - great update to one of the most important characters.

5. Chewbacca (new) - another good update to a classic character. The height is great.

Another vote for the chunky classic Boba Fett. When that first Slave 1 came out in 1999 I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

As you can tell by my avatar, I think the Max Rebo figure's great. He's simple, yet fun and different from the usual Star Wars figure. I love the azure color as well.

Another minifig that I think is pretty underrated is the General Krell figure. A lot of detail went into that guy despite him not being a major character or anything, so I really appreciated that.

There are two things I waited my entire childhood for the Modal Nodes and the Rancor.

While I don't own a rancor unfortunately (I desperately want one) I have the modal nodes so with no further ado.

1. Bith Jizz Band (According to Wookipedia they play Jizz perhaps the most unfortunately named music genre in the history of fictional universes :laugh: )

2. Rancor

3. Ithorian Jedi

4. Old School Greedo and basically every radian figure.

5. Classic Stormtrooper with leg printing (2015)

6. Imperial Officer redesign

1. Kylo Ren - from Battle on Takodana

I am a MASSIVE fan of the new Star Wars movie, and Kylo Ren is by far my favorite character.

His minifigure in this set is just great. I am not too fond on the big mask, but the head with the hair piece perfectly recreates the character.

2. First Order TIE Pilots - from First Order Tie Fighter

I am building a First Order army (maybe will start a topic about it on here?) and all the First Order minifigs are amazing to be honest, but the Tie Pilots stand out for some reason.

The glossy black uniform and helmet and the sculpted breather are amazing.

3. Imperial Officer - from Advanced TIE Prototype

Ok I don't know why, but I love this figure.

He is a character from the show Star Wars Rebels, but neither on the show or in the Lego set has a name (I might be wrong though). The brownish uniform with black gloves looks really nice but for me the real deal of this minifigs is the head as it represents oerfectly this nameless officer from the first season of the show.

http://tinyurl.com/ImperialOfficer

If anyone knows the name of the Officer on the show (English isn't my first language so I might have missed it) please let me know, I would appreciate.

4. Agent Kallus - from AT DP

He was my favorite character on the Star Wars Rebels show. The minifigs is great, but I really didn't like to display him with the helmet so I ordered the hair piece that came with his other minifig (from the Imperial Assault Carrier).

I think this version has a better print on the torso than the Imperial Assault Carrier one, and it comes in a cheaper and way more interesting set.

5. First Order Stormtroopers

I don't think I have to explain this one. lol

Well this is my list, based on the minifigs I own. I doubt it would change much if based on all minifigures released as I buy only what I really like :laugh:

Edited by ZodiacKiller

3. Imperial Officer - from Advanced TIE Prototype

Ok I don't know why, but I love this figure.

Same here. I can't explain why, but I love this figure.

Edited by jdm44

Han Solo from 2013 A-Wing; all FO Stormtroopers, Juno Eclipse (female imperial officer!), the A-Wing pilot from 2013, and Rey is pretty good to.

From themes other than Star Wars though I also have Indianna Jones, the Calvary figures from Lone Ranger, ALL Iron Man suits that I own, and pretty much anything from The Lego Movie.

EDIT: I own figures from all the way back to 1999, although most of my favorites still are recent figs from the past decade or so.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

In no particular order:

C-3PO - Dark Red Arm (5002948) - The only fig I own with side printed legs

First Order Stormtrooper - Love the helmet and overall aesthetic

Princess Leia (Camouflage Cape) - I am scared it is going to rip if my kids ever get ahold of it, but love that poncho

Gray Squadron Pilot (75050) - Take a look inside the helmet and you'll see how complex and cool it is

Watto (7962) - The incorrect color hands are lame, but still a great fig.

1. Bith Jizz Band (According to Wookipedia they play Jizz perhaps the most unfortunately named music genre in the history of fictional universes :laugh: )

No way...that's too funny for my immature brain :laugh:

Anyway my top five is:

1. Boba Fett, UCS Slave 1 (2015), favourite character and the pinnacle of minifig design and printing IMO.

2. C3PO chrome gold (custom), I love protocol droids and this one is the best replica I have.

3. Darth Vader with two piece helmet, Death Star Final Duel (2015), that helmet!

4. Boushh/Leia, Jabba's Palace (2012), great printing and helmet and one of my favourite scenes from ROTJ.

5. Shaak Ti, T-6 Jedi shuttle (2011), the head piece and colours just make it stand out on my wall display.

1. Luke Skywalker (ewok village): I really love the design of Luke in ep 6, and this one really pushes it over the top for me. Wish I had it.

2. Kylo Ren (Takodona): I already like the one in the shuttle, but the face on this one and the hair makes me love it even more.

3. First Order Stormtrooper: Looks really bloody cool, love the helmet and the leg printing.

4. Darth Vader (Final Duel 2015): Really love that new helmet, and the printing on him is magnificent.

5.first order TIE pilot: TIE pilots are already some of my favourite figs, but that tube... Yes.

1. Boba Fett from the UCS Slave 1: I remember being blown away when I got the first updated Boba in the desert skiff set. The UCS Boba did it all over again for me

2. Darth Revan: I absolutely love KOTOR so the fact that this minifigure even exists in Lego means the world to me. Aside from that, it looks fantastic.

3. FO Flametrooper: These guys are my favorite troopers from the new movies and I think they translated into epic minifigs

4. FO Tie Pilot: Lego outdid themselves with this figure. No explanation needed.

5. C-3PO dark red arm: The combination of unique printing areas and colors make this minifig must-have.

Strictly only ones I have in my collection:

1. Sandtrooper from Mos Eisely Cantina (extra printing, pauldron and backpack = one hell of a cool Stormtrooper).

2. Agent Kallus from the AT-DP set (love his helmet oo err ;))

3. General Hux (just looks cool in black)

4. Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot 75049

5. FO Heavy Stormtrooper (exceptionally good quality, I like the extra black webbing rather than the all-white look).

I wonder when we'll start to see LEGO using their newer minifig techniques with OT characters? I think they did an amazing job with most of the FA minifigs, but we've yet to see that same with most OTs (e.g. a new TIE-Pilot with tube etc would be awesome, visor inserts with Rebel pilots etc).

Of the figs I own ? In no real order

Boba Fett from 9496, my first boba fett, and what a helmet sculpt !

Admiral Ackbar from 75003, just love me some Ackbar.

Lando in skiff disguise from 9496. pure, stone cold cool.!

Han Solo from 75003. Classic Han. Hoth Han would rank higher, but I don't own him *sniff*

Leia from 75094. Love the Endor poncho look.

Obi Wan from 8092. Love his tattooine look.

B wing pilot from 75050. That helmet sculpt ! Great printing.

Luke from 75014. Great print, classic outfit.

Pre 2015 snowtroopers, because i love classic OT snowtroopers, and I have a tonne of them

Imperial Guard from the battlepack. Another classic character design

My favs in no order.

Chrome Stormtrooper and Black Chrome Vader.

10698339693_db4c2e10de_c.jpg10698152854_b0b01f2444_c.jpg

I also like:

- 501st Clone Trooper

- Boba Fett

- All other Imperial mini figs.