Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now - Sign Up Thread

BannerHallFinal-Resize.png

Valhalla, The Hall of the Slain, is a great banquet hall in Asgard ruled by Odin. Within Valhalla reside the Einherjar, brave heroes who have been slain on the battlefield in ages past. Each day these men battle, and each night their wounds are healed as they feast. This is done in preparation for Ragnarök, which seems to be drawing nearer and nearer. Soon, the Einherjar will be called upon to aid the gods in this final great battle. But as Loki the trickster begins to exert his influence on Valhalla, where will their loyalties lie?

There are 26 spots open. To sign up, all you need to do is answer these simple questions:

1) What previous experience have you had with mafia games?

2) Will you be able to actively engage with the game for the next 6 weeks or so?

3) In terms of your playing style, which Norse god do you identify with most?

On EB I played in Witchbreed Mafia School, Imhotep, Yakuza Mafia, Jedi Temple Mafia, Excalibur (1.0 and 2.0) and The Forest II. Outside of EB I sometimes play a game called Werewolves in real life, which is basically Mafia.

2) Will you be able to actively engage with the game for the next 6 weeks or so?

Yes.

I think Thor, and not the sissy American version either, I like to hit my enemies hard, and play as much in the open as I can. Although I am going to change my tactics, so I'll guess we'll just have to see if I will be kindhearted like Freya or perhaps employ trickster tactics as Loki would. Don't count on it.

By Odin's one eye I want to play! :grin:

1) I could give you a shorter list on which EB Mafia Games I haven't played in. My "About Me" page has the extensive list. Besides that, I've played Mafia tons with my friends in real life.

2) Yes.

3) I'm loyal when in an alliance, but quite unpredictable when playing solo, and I tend to act somewhat spontaneously, so I guess the nearest equivalent would be Freyja, the goddess of love and war.

1) Fresh out of school. Played as mafia in both Def's witchbreed and Sandy's fairytale mafia. Last scum caught in the first, scum team win in the second.

2)Yes

3)since my two previous runs have been as scheming trickster scum, Loki. But I'm looking forward to getting some town play and working on my Forseti game, bring some justice and reconciliation.

1.)

Won in Sandy's Mafia School: "A Bedtime Story", as Alladin: Scum (Role Cop)

Lost in Masked Builder's "Jedi Temple" Mafia Game, as Obi-Wan Kenobi: Town (Vanilla) - Killed on Night 5

Played in Bob's "Excalibur 1.0" Mafia Game, as Ensign Toby Rockford: Town (Vanilla)

Won (?) in Bob's "Excalibur 2.0" Mafia Game, as Ensign Brian Pewter: Town (Vanilla) - Lynched on Day 2

2.)

I think I should be, but I will know for sure sometime soon.

3.)

Wow! I can't really say. I really think this is a question that is better asked to people whom I've played with. I think I may say...Freya...but I'm really not sure. :skeptic:

1. I've played one or two. You can check my profile for a detailed history. :blush:

2. Yes.

3. I feel like Heimdall, the Watchman, when I'm in Town mode. The couple times I have been coordinating Town actions, it feels like I'm watching out for everybody.

skål! :drunk:

I Won my first game as the SK in Bob's Prohibition Mafia;

I was killed early on as Gavin Gorilla in the Mafia School, Fabuland Housewives (and then my lover died the next night. :cry_sad: );

I died when I started making some sense in Belville Mafia;

I trusted Tammo and lead the Town to a bad place in Jedi Temple Mafia;

I almost beat the Town in Excalibur 1.0 before things got out of hand and the game stopped;

and I was right on the first day of 2.0, but screwed up; And Finally, I beat the Town in Hinckley's the Forest II, only to die, killed by "our" SK's bear hands... and an ax.

2. Ja!

3. When I'm scum (and I seem to play best as scum) I'm definitely Loki-esque, and my Town game's been pretty Balder-y (innocent) But I'm trying to change that. I think I made good move during Ex2.0 going on the attack like Thor, but I lacked Odin's wisdom. Perhaps Odin then would be a good god on which to model my game.

~Insectoid Vikingr

Edited by Dannylonglegs

1. I've played 2 school games: Cirque de Freak and Witchbreed; 2+ Regular games: Excalibur, Excalibur 2.0, The Forest II
  2. Yes, I have no life outside of EB (right now)...except work, but mafia comes first. :laugh: No really. :look:
  3. Balder. Killed, set up, but keeps coming back!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Beautiful, just stunning. I will be watching this one very closely, as the concept happens to be one of my absolute favourite aspects of history. The film that the title is based on also happens to be one of the best films that I've seen, so I hope for a few references. :sweet:

Lykke til!

(That is supposed to say 'Good luck', but my Norwegian is rather rusty, it is probably all wrong. :blush:)

Edited by Scorpiox

Mafia Regulars,

You do not want to miss a TinyPies game.

We don't? :look: Am I a mafia regular? :look:

I can't really invest the time or emotional stress in another game right now :cry_sad:

I'd really love to play this game though, it looks great, and I'm a real viking descendant and everything! :devil_laugh:

Btw, Scorpiox, it's not wrong, it's spot on :wink:

Dystopia, Hogwarts, Eurodina, Werewolf, Bloodbricks II, Gotham, Imhotep, Baritones 3, Steampunk, Yakuza, Excalibur, and the Forest II.

Yep.

Höðr. I tend to screw up pretty badly. :blush:

Edited by CallMePie

Sure, why not.

1. I've played in a few games...which includes Western Mafia and Witch Hunt, both of which I won in :grin:

2. I don't see any complications in my future here, all looks to be well.

3. Well, I can definitely identify with Balder as a townie, especially in Excalibur 2.0 when I was killed by my own team! As scum, hmm, I think Hel would be a good one, helpful in times of need and vengeful on those who cross me.

- I've been in many games.

- Everything's good now.

- Aegir. He lives under the ocean which is sort of isolationist. I'm currently trying to change this.

1.) Just a bit of experience. Some I played better than others. My wins include he Forest 1 and IMHOTEP.

2.) Yes.

3.) Wikipedia failed me at finding a Norse god that really fits. I'm going to go with Hermóðr. Willing to go all out for the good of the team.

Me, me! :sweet:

I have played in a number of Mafia games, from Eurodina to Excalibur.

Yes.

I would choose Forseti, god of justice and reconciliation... because I don't like people fighting! :cry_happy:

Here we go again. :wacko:

1) Mafia? I do not know that tribe, but I am certain that I can learn their ways quickly. Why am I shown holding a gun in that picture? I do not have a gun, I sleep soundly in my bed at night. :sceptic:

2) Too actively, as always.

3) Tyr, known for fair play, rules and justice.

Alternately, I'm rather fond of Tohstre. In Norway, every other Tuesday is the day of the toaster. People gather and pay homage to the almighty god Tohstre.

Just check out my ´About me page´. I´ve been in plenty.

Yep I got plenty of time the next 6 weeks

Vor, I am the goddess who knows all. Or Saga the goddess drinking buddy of Odin. Yep that´s me a drunk know it all.

Yes please! :excited: I have been looking forward to this. :wub:

1) A few games, even won some but died lots too, and hosted one (you were in it, TPRU :look: ) and now hosting a Mafia School game.

2) I'm not allowed to go anywhere, I'm chained to the Mafia forum until Police Infiltration is done. Possibly longer..

3) It seems that views on Norse gods are varied across the interwebs, but my playstyle is to (usually) be cautious, guarded and secretive. Research would suggest that this would fit with the goddess Vör, who is "the careful one", and possibly aspects of Hel, who I believe is "one who covers up or hides something". :laugh:

Great to see this under way. :sweet:

1. Oh I've played a few. I should probably make a list sometime. :look:

2. Yep, I'll be busy (pesky exams), but there is always time for Mafia. :wub:

3. Ullr is my god. God of skill, hunt and duel, he is a favourite of dragons.

I'll sign up as well:

1. Just 2. Badboytje's Mafia School: Cirque du Freak (won as town) and Yakuza Family (lost as scum)

2. Yes I will.

3. Balder probably, as he dreams nightmares about being murdered :tongue:. Or because he is so good and nice to everyone, surely he cannot be scum.

It's been a while since I've played a game here but after seeing Forest II, I think that I'll give this one a shot.

1) Imperial Soldiers Mafia, Eurodina, and Red Scare Mystery.

2) Yes

3) I would have to say that my style is dependent on my side. If I am a townie, I am most like Forseti, god of justice and reconciliation. If I am anything other than town, I would have to go with Loki, confusing the other team and then using the confusion to achieve my goals (which typically include the death of the townies).

Well, Hinkley said to sign up for this one.

I've played in seven games at this point, most recently in Hinks The Forest II, more details on my about me page.

Yes I will, no plans to travel.

I've only ever heard of Thor... Is he even a god? :look: Looked some up, Hœnir fits my playing style best, I tend to observe from the sidelines before coming to a decision.

Wooo! Mafia!

1. You should know, my first game was Noir. :wink: I've been playing as many games as I could since then, check my profile for details.

2. Yes.

3. I would say Heimdallr. I would say I have a good intuition and foresight... eh... most of the time, in mafia.

I will like to play too, with the possible of going short overseas trip of up to 2 days but will pray for Internet connection.

1) Check my profile for a detailed history of my mafia participation!

2) Yes, I can actively play this game but I will list the period that I might/will be away with limited Internet connection, (5 Oct - 7 Oct), (14 Oct), (9 Nov - 11 Nov), the rest of the time, I will be around one way or another.

3) In terms of associating which norse god based on my playing style, I will have to say 'Balder' as he is considered the form of love and light.

Sign in to follow this