Sign in to follow this  
Timmay

LOTR Video Game Villain Art

Howdy,

There's a post over at Geekdad today showing an exclusive preview of the villain art for the upcoming Traveller's Tales LOTR video game. Check it out:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/09/lego-lotr-5-things-villains/

LLOTR-Villains.jpg

Tim

PS: If this is the wrong forum for posting video game news, my apologies to the admins.

Edited to include image preview.

Edited by Timmay

Very cool! We already have seen most of those, but it's nice to see a clear picture of Saruman and the Balrog, as well as a mountain troll in full armor!

This certainly is a great image, I really like the fact that the Rancor is brick-builted. Too bad Saruman's beard is moving, I can't see if it's the same as Gandalf's :sceptic: Still I'm not sure if this image deserves its own thread.

This certainly is a great image, I really like the fact that the Rancor is brick-builted. Too bad Saruman's beard is moving, I can't see if it's the same as Gandalf's :sceptic: Still I'm not sure if this image deserves its own thread.

Rancor? I think you mean Balrog...

Roncor? lol

The image is already posted in both the video game thread and the lotr/hobbit tread.

I get the impression Saruman's beard & hair are one piece, but two-toned like Oin's. Could be mistaken, as game artwork often takes liberties with actual minifig proportions & construction (like Legolas having a standard quiver piece in some artwork). Could easily be a hair piece similar to the CMF Hippie, with a Gandalf-beard beneath. I can't wait to find out for sure!

I want the Balrog! As a set! Right now! GIVE IT TO ME TLG!!! *rooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaar* *flamewhip*

I want the Balrog! As a set! Right now! GIVE IT TO ME TLG!!! *rooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaar* *flamewhip*

Balrog, Gandalf w/ hair instead of hat and crystal-topped staff, maybe a Moria Orc (an archer? With black bow & quiver?)... might be too much for a $19.99 set (ala 6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex)? Maybe... or a more expensive set with a Bridge of Khazad-Dum to build, too?

Balrog, Gandalf w/ hair instead of hat and crystal-topped staff, maybe a Moria Orc (an archer? With black bow & quiver?)... might be too much for a $19.99 set (ala 6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex)? Maybe... or a more expensive set with a Bridge of Khazad-Dum to build, too?

That's what I would prefer. Gandalf, 2 Moria Orc archers, the Balrog, and maybe Frodo in a set that also includes some steps and the bridge all for around $39.99. Sounds good to me!

I mean they COULD do a set with just the Balrog, Gandalf, and a Moria Orc archer with the Balrog being the big brick built piece similar to the Shelob Attacks set, but I think they would really be passing up some great play features if they don't include the bridge and some stairs. Imagine all the break away parts like in the movie! They would be super easy for Lego to replicate too. Plus the set could be added to the Mines of Moria set to make it that much bigger and more enjoyable!

Edited by Deathleech

Sure I want sets with all of these figures, but I also want this poster! I have a few of those Frodo posters, but I'd much prefer some of these action shots.

The Balrog looks fantastic as brick built. I can't wait to see if these (or a similar design) gets made!!

Somewhat like that. Though, I'd love a Khazad-Dum set with Balrog, Gandalf, and maybe some orcs and fellowship chars the most. A second option would be when the fight goes on on the flank of the mountain with only Gandalf, the Balrog and a beautifully designed brickbuilt mountain wall.