badboytje88

Twisted Tales

One of the best ones so far. That ocean landscape is just gorgeous. :wub:

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It was a pain to photograph this MOC... I'm still not fully satisfied with the end result. I hate the lights reflection on the sea witches face... I had to use direct lighting since the base of the MOC was not placed on a surface but it is directed towards the camera.

This whole project is very innovative and filled with striking imagery, but the above picture really stands out to me for some reason. I absolutely love it! I vaguely remember the story it's from, but can't actually recall anything except for those animals standing on top of each other...

Thanks! Well the story is about teamwork. Alone the animals couldn't really make a difference, but when they worked together they were able to do the most wonderful things.

Another great scene. I really like the details on the prison.

I though you had left out the beast at first. It took me a while to find him, as he is well camouflaged.

Yeah I am going to try and make it harder for you guys. The secret identity of Scarlet is hidden in the MOC where we first met her. Really really tiny clues. Same goes for the beast which is following our group.

I love your stories and unique iterations of the themes and setting. At times the narrative lapses into an informal vernacular but at least the style remains mostly intact. You definitely have a gift for furniture designs! I just can't see your latest image, just shows a broken flickr image.

I love your stories and unique iterations of the themes and setting. At times the narrative lapses into an informal vernacular but at least the style remains mostly intact. You definitely have a gift for furniture designs! I just can't see your latest image, just shows a broken flickr image.

I fixed the image. Unfortunately my English isn't good enough to understand the word vernacular... Could you explain it to me?

Nice work there, it has been a joy reading and enjoying your pictures :thumbup::wub: . Love those tiny furnitures. Really interested to know what will happen to the beast and what follows on. I like the way you develop your characters throughout your story. Hopefully the Apprentice can pass the test and become a full witch!

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Nice work there, it has been a joy reading and enjoying your pictures :thumbup::wub: . Love those tiny furnitures. Really interested to know what will happen to the beast and what follows on. I like the way you develop your characters throughout your story. Hopefully the Apprentice can pass the test and become a full witch!

Thanks, turns out I really like designing minifig furniture! So far apprentice is doing an OK job, so far so good.

Lovely underwater landscaping :thumbup:

Why thank you :sweet:

Edited by badboytje88

Wow, the contrast between all of the colors is great! I need more! :wub:

Won't take that long... I have the MOC finished already.

I've been folowing this for a while, But I think the sea witch chapter is the best so far. I really like how you made the water effect and the sails of the ship.

Hopefully you think that Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, becuase I am going to flatter the heck out of that sail.

Edited by Jareth

I've been folowing this for a while, But I think the sea witch chapter is the best so far. I really like how you made the water effect and the sails of the ship.

Hopefully you think that Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, becuase I am going to flatter the heck out of that sail.

Flatter away!

Chapter 17

Having Apprentice around is turning out to be not so bad after all.

Yesterday she found some sort of herb called gillyweed, which allowed us to breath under water.

After obtaining the crystal she used her magic to make a sunken boat rise to the surface.

Noccio fixed the holes in the boat hull and off we were to Hogwarts school for Wizardry and Witchcraft.

I wonder if Apprentice went there when she was a kid.

And if she did, why is she now Scarlet Witch’s Apprentice and not a Witch herself…

So far she refused to talk about it.

On our way towards Hogwarts, me and Noccio had to set across each other due to the size of the boat.

We talked and talked for what seemed to be hours.

Appears we have quite a lot in common.

We both didn't have the most pleasant childhood.

I was cursed from the day I was born.

Noccio never was born.

He was sculpted by a toy maker called Gepetto who then wished upon a falling star that his puppet would become a real boy.

The Blue Fairy heard his wish and granted it.

Noccio had to prove himself to be brave, truthful and unselfish and to tell right from wrong by listening to his conscience.

After disobeying his father one time the Blue Fairy cursed Noccio.

Each time he would tell a lie his nose would grow.

After a whole series of adventures Noccio proved himself to be worthy of becoming a real boy and the Blue Fairy turned him into a real boy.

When Noccio turned 21, she came to regret that decision, turned him back into a puppet and planted him by the side of the road.

He started to grow roots and branches and couldn't move.

If it wasn't for us he would have turned into a talking tree.

8247153955_b19ed8156d_c.jpg

For those interested here is a picture of my miniature Hogwarts. This is one of the smaller MOCs I made for my Twisted Tales but it was one of the hardest things I've ever done with LEGO. I've never build in a scale smaller than minifig scale and I never worked with forced perspective before. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Hope you like it too!

8248276896_21754c062d_c.jpg

Edited by badboytje88

Really nice chapter and work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will continue to follow your project :wink:

Another great chapter and excellent scene. Lots of great details. I really like the sails and the use of the lightning bolt thingies (no idea what they're called, obviously) for the ripples around the boat. The micro scale Hogwarts looks great too.

I was worried that we were going to have to wait awhile for this next chapter, given how intense Heartlake Heartbreak seems to be!

Really nice chapter and work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will continue to follow your project :wink:

Nice to see another follower. Glad you like it!

Another great chapter and excellent scene. Lots of great details. I really like the sails and the use of the lightning bolt thingies (no idea what they're called, obviously) for the ripples around the boat. The micro scale Hogwarts looks great too.

I was worried that we were going to have to wait awhile for this next chapter, given how intense Heartlake Heartbreak seems to be!

I've been working on the miniature Hogwarts for quite some time now. I've had 90% of the MOCs I use for these stories ready when I posted the first chapter. So most of them I just need to finish, furnish and put the figs on their places. The stories have already been written and mostly need some small adjustments. So it isn't that much work to keep this going. But I do have to say Hearlake Heartbreak is really getting intense!

Great FP and microscale :thumbup: Nice water too and the chapter was interesting, keep it up :classic:

Thanks! I answered your other question on flickr :classic:

Chapter 18

This building is HUGE!

Luckily Apprentice appears to knew her way around the building pretty well.

She told us the magic inside her manifested really late.

Normally kids get their Hogwarts letter of acceptance on their eleventh birthday.

She got hers on her eighteenth.

So she went to Hogwarts for a couple of years but couldn't settle in mainly due to the age difference between her and the other pupils.

So she dropped out and became Scarlet Witch’s Apprentice.

Somewhere on the seventh floor Apprentice stopped.

On the wall hang tapestry of guy teaching trolls to do ballet.

She started walking around in circles mumbling the same sentence over and over again.

Suddenly a door appeared in the wall and we were able to access a room filled with clutter.

It reminded me of Alice’s room.

It was really dark inside and smelled a bit stale.

I couldn't see where I was going.

Noccio was kind enough to lend me his hand and guide me through the room.

According to our map the crystal is hidden underneath the Sorting Hat.

After searching for several hours, we finally found it.

Apprentice used a spell to lift the hat, revealing the crystal.

She snatched away the crystal from under the now cursing hat and at the last minute decided to take the hat and some other small stuff too.

On our way out of the room I noticed a strange mirror. In it I saw myself in my most beautiful dress.

Next to me was a man I’d never seen before, although he looked familiar…

8258749778_454171e33f_c.jpg

Edited by badboytje88

One of the best! (Again!) The mirror is simple, but very effective in the perspective. :thumbup:

Oh... that's sweet :wub:

Another wonderful chapter. By the way, what is the bley round on the bottom of the candle?

I think this is my favourite chapter so far. Excellent set too. It looks genuinely messy and cluttered.

Chapters 17&18 are the best! The little Hogwarts is something instantly recognisable, and the interiour inside is very detailed! I also like the story itself.

This last chapter is great :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the two minifig in the frame :wink:

One of the best! (Again!) The mirror is simple, but very effective in the perspective. :thumbup:

Thanks! I thought of the mirror at the very last minute. It's supposed to be the Miror of Erised.

Oh... that's sweet :wub:

Another wonderful chapter. By the way, what is the bley round on the bottom of the candle?

Thank you. It's a Maxifig hand:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3614b

I think this is my favourite chapter so far. Excellent set too. It looks genuinely messy and cluttered.

Getting the mess to look messy was hard! It kept looking too organised :tongue:

Chapters 17&18 are the best! The little Hogwarts is something instantly recognisable, and the interiour inside is very detailed! I also like the story itself.

Thanks! The picture of the miniature Hogwarts got blogged by TBB! I'm so proud! :sweet:

The mirror design is perfect :thumbup: nice clutter too :classic:

Thanks!

This last chapter is great :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the two minifig in the frame :wink:

Thank you! You'll see them more often in the future!