Sign in to follow this  
Admiral-Ackbar

[MOC] - Trooper Down!

I finally managed to get my order of white pieces in, so I made a teeny little vignette. I'm not sure if the ARF Troopers are still viable in Episode 3, but I don't have any Phase 2 Clones, so here goes.....

Droid attack! As the Clone Wars rage through the Outer Rim territories, the planet of Rhen Var, a Republic outpost is being ambushed by a squad of droids. Led by ARF Commander Layden, the clones try to repel the droid forces.....

First of all, we have a look at the vignette from the droids point of view:

sany0048.jpg

Droid Commander: Blast them!

Droid Corporal: Roger Roger.

Next, a look at the vignette from the clones point of view:

sany0049.jpg

ARF Sergeant: Medic!!

ARF trooper: MEDIC! We have a man down!

We now see an action shot of the vignette from a nice low point of view:

sany0055.jpg

ARF Sergeant: (to Clone inside) Get a message to General Secura in the Felucia system for reinforcements!

ARF Trooper: We won't last that long, sir!

And now a view of the side of the 'entrance':

sany0050.jpg

Droid Corporal: Sir, 6G3 778 has been destroyed.

Droid Commander: Continue attack.

Droid Corporal: Roger Roger.

Finally, an 'aerial' view of the vignette:

sany0051.jpg

<Insert some comment made by ARF Trooper here>

That's all folks! If you enjoyed this, you can see my other entry for this Community Build here.

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

Good work, small but detailed :thumbup: :thumbup:

A bit comic, this scene :wink: :wink:

Not bad, Admiral-Ackbar, although I wouldn't call this a diorama. In fact, the connection between this vignette and RotS is vague at best. Rhen Var was never shown or even mentioned in Episode III, and you made the characters in your scene up, so the only connection is the time frame in which it is supposed to be set in. I guess that's good enough though, so I'll index it. Also, I wish there was a bit more detail than a simple white arch way, but I can understand if you don't have many parts at your disposal at the moment.

That said, I do like the posing of the figs. It's pretty clear what's going on, and it's great how you show that there are casualties on both sides of the war in such a small scene. :thumbup:

Not bad, Admiral-Ackbar, although I wouldn't call this a diorama. In fact, the connection between this vignette and RotS is vague at best. Rhen Var was never shown or even mentioned in Episode III, and you made the characters in your scene up, so the only connection is the time frame in which it is supposed to be set in. I guess that's good enough though, so I'll index it. Also, I wish there was a bit more detail than a simple white arch way, but I can understand if you don't have many parts at your disposal at the moment.

That said, I do like the posing of the figs. It's pretty clear what's going on, and it's great how you show that there are casualties on both sides of the war in such a small scene. :thumbup:

I understand what you mean perfectly, and I again apologise for nearing the line between RoTS MOC and loosely related 'thingymabob', but (partly due to the colour of the archway) I thought a largely unknown Planet would be best to make a vignette in to try and show a less important battle in the Clone Wars (that most likely never happened). I tried to use the Order 66 scenes to my advantage (i.e. having one of the ARF troopers try to contact Aayla Secura who was on Felucia for a part of Episode 3) to more closely relate to this Community Build. Thanks for your kind comments anyway! :sweet:

And yes, I am still running low on parts, most of the white pieces I had ordered went into re-building my Wampa Cave set. :sceptic:

This is a really cool-looking vignette, the soldier falling looks great.

Thanks Bilbo! One of my two main aims was to show injuries for both sides, which seems to be clear to everyone.