Theo

Nea Chora

So, that's a part of Nea Chora, a town in the west coast of the Siccus Badlands, across from the Gorr island.

As you see it has a simple yet very distinctive architecture, small houses cramped together under the fort (that's because of the many pirates, being a constant danger) and white everywhere to reflect the sunlight, as it's really hot most of the time...

8012055173_4f87d570cc.jpg

Nea Chora - fron2 by ted.nick, on Flickr

8012057736_5020ce4f16.jpg

Nea Chora - right by ted.nick, on Flickr

Any comments or criticism appreciated default_satisfied.gif

Edited by Theo

You really nailed the Mediterranean color scheme and architecture. Nice job with the dock and the vines hanging down the wall. Looks like a nice place to live. Can we expect more Nea Chora builds in the future?

Awesome build, I really love that style and the water is very well done! Great fig usage as well! :thumbup:

You really nailed the Mediterranean color scheme and architecture. Nice job with the dock and the vines hanging down the wall. Looks like a nice place to live. Can we expect more Nea Chora builds in the future?

Thanks and yes, I will probalby make more buildings of the town, we'll see...

Awesome build, I really love that style and the water is very well done! Great fig usage as well! :thumbup:

Thanks! I think that the water is very simple made, but I wanted to keep it this way this time... glad you like it!

What a lovely build to introduce your town with! :classic: I especially like the brick-built plant overhanging the wall, the repeating curves throughout the build and the gentle gradient of the white path. The simplicity of the white and blue colour scheme is a really nice fit for Kaliphlin. I look forward to seeing more of Nea Chora! :thumbup:

I saw this on my phone yesterday, and I was excited to finally see it on a monitor. Looks beautiful, as Gabe said, the simplicity and the curves really make this a unique addition to Kaliphlin architecture. To me this screams our guild, but does not seem to repeat what any of us have done at all. Great job!

I especially like the brick-built plant overhanging the wall.

Agreed, that did caught my eye instandly! :thumbup: But other than that, I really like your choice of colors, it fits the guild very well indeed. Also the elevation in the terrain and the different levels are great. Keep it up, and welcome to historica :wink:

Wonderful first MOC for the group- I really like the Greek inspiration going on, I think it fits perfectly on the shore of Kaliphlin.

Like everyone else, I love the colors, curves and the brick built plant! The simplicity of it all works really well.

A great little moc! The colours fits very well to the Kaliphlin theme and I like the fact that it has a classic lego style to it! :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words, I did tried to combine the Greek Islands architecture to the Kaliphlin style. Since I wanted so much to join to a guild Kaliphlin this was a simple yet decent way. I'm working on a second , smaller MOC of the same town, feel free to do the same, Nea Chora is a place for everyone full of opportunities :-)

Reminds me of the Greek islands too, specifically Santorini. Great job of making it so intriguing looking, I feel compelled to explore all the alleyways and passages. :thumbup:

Yup, like this a lot. What everyone else said.

But I am very intrigued by the action here. Clearly this is a building of some importance, with its own jetty and the Kaliphlin colours and armed guard. So why are those drunken sailors hanging around it? And what's the deal with the masked man and the horses? Mysterious and intriguing

:classic:

Beautifull!! The plants, the walls, the doors, ... . It fits all perfectly together!!!

You can defenitely see the influence from Greece!!!

I'm glad you captured the feel from that pic that you had posted a while back. The mediterannean feel is so evident here! And like the others, I love the brickbuilt vegetation on the wall

Yup, like this a lot. What everyone else said.

But I am very intrigued by the action here. Clearly this is a building of some importance, with its own jetty and the Kaliphlin colours and armed guard. So why are those drunken sailors hanging around it? And what's the deal with the masked man and the horses? Mysterious and intriguing

:classic:

My guess is that it's a local fleet headquarters. They probably distribute the sailors' pay from there; that explains the guards. And the old sailor picks up his veteran's pay, buys a bottle of rum, and hangs out in the sun admiring the ladies who walk down the quayside.

My guess is that it's a local fleet headquarters. They probably distribute the sailors' pay from there; that explains the guards. And the old sailor picks up his veteran's pay, buys a bottle of rum, and hangs out in the sun admiring the ladies who walk down the quayside.

Hehe...that's nice, I was afraid that I may spoil the MOC with all these minifigures but I guess it feels more alive? Anyway, I'm working on a second Nea Chora MOC, but I am really in a dilema, because now it has gone even more to the "Greek Island" direction than Kaliphlin and it may not be fair to the guild. default_blush.gif

We'll see, for now I'll just wait for some chickens and goats in order to carry on with it, they are essential in my new MOC...

I'm glad you captured the feel from that pic that you had posted a while back. The mediterannean feel is so evident here! And like the others, I love the brickbuilt vegetation on the wall

Thanks! What can I say about that plant, I am more of a City guy but I really love the Creator line default_classic.gif

Edited by Theo