Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

1:1 MOCs

These MOCs are a bit old.

In the spring of 2010 there was a completion at Byggepladen’s website. The rules were: Build a MOC in scale 1:1.

Together with my mother I build this MOC for the competition. And we won! :classic:

x_writing.png

The organizers of LEGO World Copenhagen were impressed by the 1:1 MOCs in the competition. Therefore they asked for 1:1 MOCs for next LEGO World. My mother and I wanted to exhibit at LEGO World. Therefore we started building a lot of 1:1 MOCs:

x_candels_on_crochet.png

Our personal favourite is the bowl with sweet. It has also been blogged by The Brothers Bricks.

x_sweet.png

x_xylofon.png

x_socket.png

x_nintendo.png

x_lantern.png

x_minikomode.png

x_kugleramme.png

x_klodsvogn.png

x_kitchen_utentils.png

x_journal_keeping.png

x_padlock.png

x_punch.png

In February 2011 our MOCs were exhibited at LEGO World Copenhagen. They were a part of a challenge for the visitors. Together with the 1:1 MOCs five non-LEGO items were placed. The visitors should find the five items which not was build out of LEGO bricks. Thousandth of people came and participated in the challenge. Kjeld Kirk Christiansen did also come.

In March 2011 my mother builds our last 1:1 MOC. It was a vase with flowers:

x_flowers.png

After that we started building MOCs in other scales. But we are often talking about building some new 1:1 MOCs.

One week in November 2010 I was in work experience at the LEGO Idea-House in Billund. It was very interesting. I did also show them some pictures of my 1:1 MOCs.

One month ago I received an email from the Idea-House. They remembered my 1:1 MOCs and wanted to exhibit them in their café area. Next Thursday my mother and I are going to deliver our MOCs in Billund. :sweet:

Congratulations on the call from LEGO.

These are fantastic, they look so real. I love the candy star, the lantern and the drawers. The use of the seats for the rose petals is ingenious!

What a marvel you are!? :laugh: Unfortunately, not all photos showed for me, but I saw moat of them, and they're brilliant. I love the toy xylophone the best. But they're all great. It's no wonder you won.

These are amazing, they look so real! I'd love to put some of them on my desk and wait when people realize they're not real :classic: Congrats to you and your mother!

Wow they look really neat, congratulations in them displayed! These have given me a new set of possibilities for building.

Do you have any otherbplansto build soon?

-Matt

Wow! These builds are so realistic that I even have to look twice to see that they are indeed made of LEGO! My personal favorite is the egg beater/whisk - very clever use of the flex tubes! :thumbup:

Simple techniques and yet you’ve created things that are so beautiful! Kudos to you and your mom! You both should be proud! :wub:

Great MOCs, brilliant design! May I ask how old you and your mother are (/were when it was built)?

Great MOCs, brilliant design! May I ask how old you and your mother are (/were when it was built)?

When we build our first 1:1 MOC I was 14 years and my mother was 41.

Today I'm 17 and my mother is 44.

When we build our first 1:1 MOC I was 14 years and my mother was 41.

Today I'm 17 and my mother is 44.

Thanks for sharing. I really like it when parents are building together with their kids. Just like the LEGO Commercial says. Thats great.

Perhaps you will be a popular LEGO Designer some day?! Or do you have other plans for your live?

Your creations have so much potential. They may be old, it don't take appart there awesomeness. The one with candles is by far my favorite one. Working with mom is always a good teamup!

That whisk...

How the-

My brain is scrambled. Very much like an egg.

My iPad won't load a few of the pictures...and that's one of them. :cry_sad:

My mom doesn't even approve of me buying LEGO, so jealous.

Now my 1:1 MOCs can be seen in the historical exhibition in the LEGO Idea House. :classic:

img_8285.jpg

small_8289.jpg

img_8287.jpg

img_8291.jpg

These are amazing and the fact that you're working with your Mom is very sweet. My favorite is the xylophone. I want to pick it up and give it a hug.

:wub: