steelwoolghandi

Lego Haunted House with a twist

I bought the Haunted House set and wanted form day one to Remodel it, well while I was asleep the Lego Minifigure Construction crew came in and remodeled it from Top to bottom bringing it back to its original glory! Repairs were made and they repainted the whole thing, the roof was still in good shape but they repaired any leaks and all the Iron railings were replaced They are still working on the inside of the house but that should be complete real soon. Here is some pictures of there work!

8005986640_c8b82d773b.jpg

Victorian Home by steelwoolghandi, on Flickr

8005988227_962a511fa7.jpg

8005991033_128c2d1fd0.jpg

8005993259_e308fa087f.jpg

SWG

The Minifigure Construction Crew did a great job! My favorite is the tan chimney followed by all the white. So the Munsters moved out and the Bradys moved in <vbg>.

Overall, really great!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Nice mods! I also planned on rebuilding the set as a complete home instead of a condemned property, but I was keeping the original color scheme. Your revamp blows mine out of the water. Keep up the good work.

My one complaint (and this may be perfectly accurate to Victorian homes), but I don't care for the black/white columns on the porch. I prefer a single color scheme there. And I might do a slightly different trim color to offset the white windows. But that is just what I plan on doing with my own. Your version is very well done. I can't wait to see the interior!

Great job with this! I kind of feel like singing the Full House theme now. :laugh:

Anyway, while I like this remodel, I thought the sand green color would work fine as it is, minus the masonry bricks, but that's just me. Good work all around!

Looks good. I really prefer the restored versions of the HH.

I like the colour combination you have used, but would have to agree that a white only for the columns would be better.

Gee, that little construction crew worked wonders eh ? :laugh:

Delightful Victorian era house.....a Dr. Jeckal house ? :grin:

Brick On 'steelwoolghandi' ! :grin:

That is awesome! What a cool idea. Neat color choices too. Very talented construction crew. I can't wait to see how the interiors designers do! :laugh:

Great colour combination and it really enhances the design. :sweet:

Would look good as a modular with other Lego modular buildings (whereas the character of the HH makes it better set apart?)

It is a great model, I really love the chimney. The thing I don't like is the use of white AND black for the pillars. :shrug_oh_well: It makes the house hurt my eyes to look at all those changing colours! :laugh: But really, you did some awesome work.

So sad to see the forces of gentrification pushing out the misunderstood "undesirables" from a neighborhood that was once a cheerful center of diversity and multiculturalism in Lego City. Just because the Vampyre family live on their victims' blood and have weird re-animated corpses for domestic servants doesn't mean they're "monsters", people. For shame! What's next, a Starbucks built on the ruins of the Zombie Graveyard? The Swamp Creature's home drained and replaced with an Apple Tree House??

No, really, awesome mod, steelwoolghandi!

It is a great model, I really love the chimney. The thing I don't like is the use of white AND black for the pillars. :shrug_oh_well: It makes the house hurt my eyes to look at all those changing colours! :laugh: But really, you did some awesome work.

I agree 100%.

So sad to see the forces of gentrification pushing out the misunderstood "undesirables" from a neighborhood that was once a cheerful center of diversity and multiculturalism in Lego City. Just because the Vampyre family live on their victims' blood and have weird re-animated corpses for domestic servants doesn't mean they're "monsters", people. For shame! What's next, a Starbucks built on the ruins of the Zombie Graveyard? The Swamp Creature's home drained and replaced with an Apple Tree House??

No, really, awesome mod, steelwoolghandi!

A Starbucks in the zombie graveyard would give the zombies someplace to gather and swap stories and keep them off of Main Street.

:laugh:

Andy D

It's a great idea to try and make the Haunted House look like it was before it became well... haunted.

The construction crew did an amazing job, maybe I should hire them some time. :laugh:

The colours look great and all the details look excellent.

I had several people say that the trim was to much with the black and white posts so you spoke and I listened! I have revised the posts to have more white but still kept a little black in them to keep them tied into the rest of the building? Let me know what you think if this revision looks better? I also added the white rounds to the top window trim to keep them consistent with he rest of the house.

8026657385_4f1b95500b.jpg

Revised Victorian Lego Home by steelwoolghandi, on Flickr

I hope this looks better, I think it does and I appreciate all the comments!

SWG

Looking good! Reducing the amount of black in the posts has made a huge difference. default_thumbup.gif

Great work and Nice but unexpected color scheme.

My one complaint (and this may be perfectly accurate to Victorian homes), but I don't care for the black/white columns on the porch. I prefer a single color scheme there. And I might do a slightly different trim color to offset the white windows. But that is just what I plan on doing with my own. Your version is very well done. I can't wait to see the interior!

I Second this. Uni Tan columns would so Vetter I think.

Edit. Just saw you already changed this. Now it is much better.

Edited by PsyKater

I really like the addition of the extra white in the posts. With the dark red and black roof tiles, the extra white seems to brighten the whole structure.

Good job, great change!

Andy D

Nice adaptation. I too want to remodel the house but mostly to include features that I think are missing. The designer has done a superb job and gone all out in most respects. However I think he's missed a couple of features that would have made the set even more awesome. The two windows on the side with the staircase should have been deleted in favour of a single large between floors stained glass effect feature window. This is what you would find in most period houses and would give the model more appeal and authenticity. Particularly as all the windows are in the same style and the only relief from the basic square shape of the model is the side entrance on one side and to a lesser extent the chimney on the other. To this end I'd also like to see a mini glass conservatory next to the chimney even if it part enclosed it. Having a feature window for the stairs would also solve the issue of the stairs covering a portion of the lower window. Also the staircase is too basic for a model of this sophistication and should be a moulded one or two piece (so it can be utilised straight or left or right with a landing) and should feature sealed treads, railings and bannisters for effect.

The ground floor should be raised even with the front door. It's an obvious ommission. As is the lack of a bathroom or even sink in the kitchen. A bathroom would also provide the opportunity for a different style window. A glass roof light for the attic would be neat too. And as has already been observed there should be a base plate in front to attach the gate to the house and make it one. A grave or mini mausoleum in this space would be welcome too! The creation of these new elements would increase the cost but would be worth it. I appreciate the designers can't do everything and please everbody. These are my observations. What do you think? Overall it's a really cool set. What makes Lego so great is we can all interpret and modify to suit ourselves...