Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II

Thanks for another great game Hinck. You always put in so much effort and it really shows. :wub: The characters, the scenery, the day openings/conclusions/interludes, the movie ( :sweet: )... :drool:

Congratulations Draggy and Scum team too (even though you technically lost)!

I died too early. :cry_sad: And whereas I turned out to be right about Scouty on day 1 after all, I was wrong in thinking that when darkdragon turned up Town, that meant Scouty was Town too. :facepalm: Town never got the chance to become organised and the investigative roles were taken out early. The Scum seemed to know the important Town roles early on and took them out or continued manipulating them. After observing the interaction between Scuba and Eskallon early in the game, it became pretty obvious Eskallon was the protector, and I'm surprised he wasn't killed earlier. Oh, and sorry Cecilie, but you really were scummy. :tongue:

Oh well, I'm already looking forward to The Forest III. :grin:

Oh well, I'm already looking forward to The Forest III. :grin:

Me too. Despite being screwed over (not really, but it feels like it) I'd give it another go whenever comes up, though hopefully not too soon. Maybe it'll be about the spirit of the crow :wub:

Oh! That reminds me! OH MY GOD!! I end up not only being scum in both games, but also the killer in both games! I couldn't believe the coincidence. I've got to carry on the spirit of the crow, then :grin: !

Oh! That reminds me! OH MY GOD!! I end up not only being scum in both games, but also the killer in both games! I couldn't believe the coincidence. I've got to carry on the spirit of the crow, then :grin: !

And Eskallon was the Town protector both times.

Oh, and sorry Cecilie, but you really were scummy. :tongue:

You're not helping :hmpf_bad:

Hmmmmm..... Crap.

Well, I suppose I'm somewhat disappointed that we didn't win... Well, a bit disappointed in myself actually. :sceptic: Draggy's insidious double allegiance was something I guessed when I was thinking of why we didn't win the day before, and it seemed to make sense considering that we didn't know why his kills weren't coming through, and we were pretty sure we didn't get blocked or protected or whatnot. The reason I never voiced this though was my misunderstanding of the results of the ROLE_INVESTIGATOR. I convinced myself that ROLE meant, AFFILIATION or, WHETHER OR NOT THEIR ROLE ALLOWS FOR US TO CONVERT THEM (WITH A USE-O-METER OF 0 AFTER WE USE OUR ONE CONVERSION), which would explain why Draggy showed up as CORRUPTIBLE. (of course, I then remembered we actually did get some roles from this, so I forgot the idea) My mistake. That's also why I thought Flitwick had a role. The point is, we weren't told if someone was vanilla, just that they had a role or were corruptible. That's very confusing, because I got it in my head that corruptible was some kind of role in and of itself, that would somewhat supersede an actual role. Of course, my mind was also somewhat clouded by how close we were to winning, but HinckleyDamnit! I really should have analyzed that more! Instead, I thought that, despite the town not having a chance that last day that Hinckley would have extended their torture one more day simply because they still had a Vig. Ha! Well, that sucks. I was hoping I could be a two game survivor, like last time, when I was the SK, and Shadows teamed up with me for a last day extravaganza of epic Townie destruction, and we won together, even though my role said I'd kill the scum too if I had a chance. Whoops. There were other hints too, like how Hink said if, when I was pretty sure it'd be when. Hind-sight's a bitch 20:20. :sadnew: After Draggy got CONVERTED we really didn't stand a chance.

Onto other things... I'm always somewhat disappointing that no-one ever seems to suspect I'm scum, even when I'm not scum. It makes me feel unimportant, for some reason. The only time I was ever really called out was in Excalibur 2.0 when I was right about Scuba, but I made some megablock moves and ended up stabbed by my own Picard. I don't know why everyone always thinks I'm a Townie. Do I play too safely? I also don't know why I'm complaining because I duped you all and lived to the conclusion. :thumbup::tongue::thumbup:

I'm really pleased with my game this time around, but I am truly awed by Shadows. Holy shit. He OWNED!!! I really want to find out how he manipulated everyone so well! Whitefang, please, tell me how he did it! How did he get you to kill Scubacarrot, and then RUFUS!!!??? Even though Rufus was instrumental in killing Scouty? I've never followed Shadows' manipulation's this intensively, but I am incredibly impressed, and no matter what the Host said, you win in my book. You were truly the work-horse of the scum team, and I am honoured to have basked in your shadows. :blush: I believe in Harvey Shadows! In Shadows we trust! Shadows 2012! Shadows, the hero this Forest deserves, but not the one it needs... He's the megablocking Batman!

Scouty, It was a pleasure serving with you too! I love that even death didn't stop you from laughing at my portal jokes and commenting on events. It was like you only 3/4ths left us. (half, in that you weren't in the day thread, and another half in your quantity of posts and their relevance to strategy)

Iamded, I'm sorry we had to kill you, but it put us in a great position the next day, and it stopped the town from killing Shadows, our killer. You were great fun!

Masked Builder, You left real early on (curse you Whitefang! (sorta, I can't complain about how well you participated with the team later on.)) so I don't have much to say, but you were fun when you were with us!

Draggy, you didn't talk that much in the Thread-of-Pure-Evil, but you were still a great ally while that lasted. It's a shame you had to kill me, but you did, and I forgive you. I think we can put our differences behind us... for science... you monster.

Town, you played well until the end, when you were half under Shadows' thumb, half 'I just don't care anymore.' I will say though, the whole "the most townie seeming ones due to their part in lynching Iamded are actually the remaining scum" must have been as confusing as hell. :devil:

I'm sorry Hinckley, and all others for not participating too much early on. Moving into college was surprisingly and surpassingly arduous, a truth that was extremely exasperated by the lies told to me by my laptop manufacturers regarding the celerity of their delivery, and the location to which it would be delivered. The experience was not aided by the dementedly few hours during which the library at my new school was open for the first week. Fortunately though, I managed to post several times the first days. I kinda feel like I cheated a bit by not telling you all that I did get my computer, and allowing you all to analyse my posts for all their worth. I tried to make it clear without drawing to much attention to it by saying "ohai there Larry the Laptop" as part of my daily Quirk thing. I hope that didn't colour all of you views in regards to my posts. And thank Hinckley for spell-correction! I'm sorry to all those who could not decipher my posts due to my disreputable spelling skills. :cry_sad:

Thank you Hinckley, for letting me in to this immensely amusing game! Even though we didn't win due to an arguable and somewhat annoying detail, it was the most fun I've had since creaming the Town in Excalibur 1.0 (before Flipz flipzed out and actually made me vomit from stress (lol, I take these games too seriously)) The quirks were super fun, and, while occasionally annoying, all the little additions to the game made it exceedingly enjoyable. (and by the way, I love your anagrams. They were a blast in Red Moon 1, and I'm glad they made their way into this game whose theme and end result were surprisingly similar. :devil: (considering there were no blasted neutral, usurper-types in Red Moon 2 :tongue: )) I'm also glad I got a shot to battle with the big-boys! You are a great Host Hinckley, and I'll remember this game with extreme pleasure despite our Cesarean Sectioning at the end.

Sorry for the wall of text!

Not to mention the roleplay actions directed at you! :laugh:

I got two too, and I'm somewhat disappointed that none of them involved speaking in rhyme! (but I guess Bob's death somewhat prevented that :laugh: )

~Furry, Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Sorry for the wall of text!

No worries. I don't think people should have to apologize for "walls of text". It's a discussion forum. I appreciate your thorough response. I was worried about how you would take the loss, considering how involved you were and how well you were playing. Some of the dead had your number, but not the living and that's what counts. I've always liked you since Red Moon I so I'm always happy to have you in my games. I have more feedback for your performance, but I'll do everyone at once.

I'm glad your spirits are still high. If it makes anybody feel better we can list it like this in the index:

Winner: Dragonator

Assist: Shadows, Dannylonglegs, iamded, Scouty, MaskedBuilder

Assist to the assist: WhiteFang

And I got kind of hopeful when you noticed the "if". I thought maybe it would lead you guys to block Draggy.

Telling Shadows that you were the tree stump was probably your greatest error.

I look forward to hearing more from you! :wub:

No kidding. I figured that even if he were scum, I wouldn't be high on his kill list. How was I to know he already knew the SK? Funny how if he would have sold Draggy out instead of me, he probably would have won. Justice.

Cornelius!! :sing: You killed me!!! :sing:

I did not. :blush: That was all Draggy. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it makes you feel any better, I was convinced that the SK had to be someone amazingly devious.

I got two too, and I'm somewhat disappointed that none of them involved speaking in rhyme! (but I guess Bob's death somewhat prevented that :laugh: )

I send you the one where you had to accuse objects of being scum. It was the only way I could torture you from the afterlife. :laugh:

No worries. I don't think people should have to apologize for "walls of text". It's a discussion forum. I appreciate your thorough response. I was worried about how you would take the loss, considering how involved you were and how well you were playing. Some of the dead had your number, but not the living and that's what counts. I've always liked you since Red Moon I so I'm always happy to have you in my games. I have more feedback for your performance, but I'll do everyone at once.

I'm glad your spirits are still high. If it makes anybody feel better we can list it like this in the index:

Winner: Dragonator

Assist: Shadows, Dannylonglegs, iamded, Scouty, MaskedBuilder

Assist to the assist: WhiteFang

And I got kind of hopeful when you noticed the "if". I thought maybe it would lead you guys to block Draggy.

I'm flattered! :cry_happy:

Don't worry, the loss doesn't damper my mood! We won Hinckleydamnit! We just don't get as much credit. :laugh::smug:

I really like your indexing plan! Assist to the Assist is brilliant. I kind of feel bad for Whitefang though, I think he may be too much of a gentleman to accept the honour. :poke:

I hope you all revel in the epic song of our near-victory! It's either that or the "Burning Town Block's" anthem (of whom I was only vicariously a member :grin: )

I send you the one where you had to accuse objects of being scum. It was the only way I could torture you from the afterlife. :laugh:

I should have accused your stuffed dead body!!! :angry: I did something else to it instead. :devil: I buried your bones... 'cause I'm a dog. Why does everyone take those comments the wrong way!?

Thanks for the compliments and constructive criticism. Hosting is a learning process as well and all feedback is appreciated. I'll respond more to everything later when I'm not at work. I've now spent 2.5 hours of my work day reading and responding here. :blush:

I feel like that every time I write a post. :sick:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

We won Hinckleydamnit! We just don't get as much credit. :laugh::smug:

I agree with this. And that's how I would hope it's seen anyway. The listing will have Dragonator as the winner, but you and the Scum team played very well. So did some of the Town players. Your names won't be next to winner in the index, but is that what we're playing for? :sceptic: Needless to say, I like your attitude. :thumbup: People playing, following along and those who will read it in the future will see how well everyone played despite whose name is listed as winner in the index. Great people lose by narrow margins all the time. Losing doesn't mean you played poorly and it's certainly not something to get upset about. That's my opinion, anyway.

And I would like to give credit to the Over the Rainbow spoof writer. I just want their permission first, since it was written in private and posted without express permission.

I agree with this. And that's how I would hope it's seen anyway. The listing will have Dragonator as the winner, but you and the Scum team played very well. So did some of the Town players. Your names won't be next to winner in the index, but is that what we're playing for? :sceptic: Needless to say, I like your attitude. :thumbup: People playing, following along and those who will read it in the future will see how well everyone played despite whose name is listed as winner in the index. Great people lose by narrow margins all the time. Losing doesn't mean you played poorly and it's certainly not something to get upset about. That's my opinion, anyway.

And I would like to give credit to the Over the Rainbow spoof writer. I just want their permission first, since it was written in private and posted without express permission.

Of course! Piracy is illegal after all! :rofl::wub:

You know today is talk like a pirate day? Just saying. Yarr.

It was you!! :wub:

In that case, awesome song. :sweet:

It was you!! :wub:

I'm actually quite honoured that you included it! :blush: I really must give some credit to Whitefang, whos misguidedly hopeful refrain in the night thread made me need to parody it. Is Shadow's song to the tune of

? :laugh: Because, it's EPIC!

Arg!

In that case, awesome song. :sweet:

Thank you! :wub:

I didn't say it earlier, but Rufus played really well, and he worried me allot! I still don't understand how Shadows got a townie to kill you, which speaks less to your ability as a Townie, but volumes to Shadows' ability to manipulate. You did really well, and I'm glad you died! :tongue:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

:wub: Beautiful Game Hinck, amazing photos, story and a huge wad of time put into the game. :sweet:

After IMHOTEP, I never planned on coming back, that was it for me in mafia. You'd gotten rid of me. At the point in which this game started, I hadn't been on EB for a long while now, and I knew jack shit about how I used to play. I accepted my invitation soon after I saw it in my email inbox, however I spent the rest of the time up to day 1 thinking of pulling out. I had no clue and I could see this was going to be complex, great, but complex. In the end I did choose to stay and I am glad I did.

I apologise out of character for being abrupt to attack you, and for being rather rude. I was mistaken at the time and with hindsight, I now see how if I had kept a cool head and been a bit more polite, maybe I would have seen that I had been making a mistake. While I never really admitted that in the day thread and still supported your killing even after you were a villager was because I couldn't go back on it and pretend it didn't happen. I can see Hinck how that annoyed you as a host and made it hard. It should have been knocked into me in IMHOTEP, but its been sure as hell shaken into me 10 times in this game.

The other reason is that we really should have lynched Danny when we lynched Cecilie, I later realized his moves were perfect and obvious for a scum, so while that is great play, and good job to you as well Danny there, I should have figured it out, I think. Also I told Shadows Eskallon was the protector, sorry guys. :blush:

Scuba, our relationship was... strange.... I was right that you weren't scum but I do thank you for sticking your neck out and supporting me, in the end it did help and the game might have gone a little different if it was me dead on the first night. Meh, telling shadows that I was the protector kinda screwed things, but what did it was when you said you had been in contact with the protector and didn't trust him. That came after me and you had a little squaller in the day thread and I think it made it obvious I was the protector. Oh well, easy to say now, but I should have played it better and we could have gotten through the game and processed information better.

Oh and thank you again to Eskallon for protecting me night two, otherwise I'd have been decapitated a night earlier it seems! :laugh:

I saw that you could have been on the chopping block, half a guess and half reasoning, but it paid off in the end. Overall I think, as the protector it went rather well.

After observing the interaction between Scuba and Eskallon early in the game, it became pretty obvious Eskallon was the protector, and I'm surprised he wasn't killed earlier.

I was surprised I wasn't taken out earlier, the scum should have put it together and seen one of us (scuba and me) had role claimed and something had happened to put us off each other. Out of the two of us, it wasn't going to be scuba, he was too audacious and risked himself to save me.

And Eskallon was the Town protector both times.

I did a better job as a protector this time, it panned out much better and screwed the scum for the two nights when Pandora and Rufus's kills both failed. I still don't see why they thought it was blocked... As for being the protector twice, that was fun, just wish I ad behaved more courtly on Day 1, would have helped a tad bit more perhaps. Everything I said after that was suspicious and I think the only two who listened to a word I said was Rufus and Pandora. By the time Rufus contacted me I was a little worn down, everything said was suspicious. I guess I deserved it in the end.

As for the whole game mechanics, I never ran into problems, I can see how Shadows is pissed but hey ho, it's a game and was still fun. I certainly learnt a lot. As for the riddles, megabluck that, I am about as useful as a homeless bunny rabbit rolling in mud. :oh3: I only got the carousel day ones right because I googled them. (Which I wasn't proud of!) :sceptic:

Oh and as for roleplaying, Pigs don't roll in mud to avoid dry skin. I did find a really nice song about pigs, but decided to leave it out!

-----------------------------------------------------

Back to the beginning, I never intended to come back. I was up against people far better than me and I had the skill of a mafia school pupil. But taking that into consideration, I might stay a bit longer and build up myself again! :wink:

Edited by Eskallon

:wub: Beautiful Game Hinck, amazing photos, story and a huge wad of time put into the game. :sweet:

I was surprised I wasn't taken out earlier, the scum should have put it together and seen one of us (scuba and me) had role claimed and something had happened to put us off each other. Out of the two of us, it wasn't going to be scuba, he was too audacious and risked himself to save me.

Oh and as for roleplaying, Pigs don't roll in mud to avoid dry skin. I did find a really nice song about pigs, but decided to leave it out!

-----------------------------------------------------

Back to the beginning, I never intended to come back. I was up against people far better than me and I had the skill of a mafia school pupil. But taking that into consideration, I might stay a bit longer and build up myself again! :wink:

You weren't killed earlier because we wanted to get you lynched in the day. You were a great tool in our earlier manipulations. I am surprised that no one caught my chainsaw defense of Scouty and attempt to split the vote by voting for you on day one, but it played out well for us, and while you were eventually taken out of the game, as long as you were in it you were more useful to us alive. I, at-least, didn't guess that you were protector until I was explicitly told (either by Shadows or as a role-investigation, I don't remember.) I thought Scuba was the protector! :facepalm: I didn't do the best job of keeping track of roles and claims. I'm still very surprised to learn that Sandy's strange claim was not actually true!

If there's one thing I've learned, it's always post songs! :laugh_hard:

Yes please! Stay in the race! I look forward to playing with you again!

Well, I've been following this one as best as I can and I must say that it was pretty epic! Congratulations, Dragonator on the first ever EB mafia third party solo win!

I was thinking, going into the last two days that it was going to be another case like Prohibition or the Jedi Temple mafias where the scum was able to co-opt the serial killer and get an easy win, then WHAM! this happens.

This mafia was also more entertaining (well, except the last two days anyways) than the last few around here. All the "Harriet Slutter" references gave me a good chuckle, let me tell you.... Also, it seems to me that there's been an overabundance of tree stumps in EB mafia games lately. :laugh:

Well, I've been following this one as best as I can and I must say that it was pretty epic! Congratulations, Dragonator on the first ever EB mafia third party solo win!

I was thinking, going into the last two days that it was going to be another case like Prohibition or the Jedi Temple mafias where the scum was able to co-opt the serial killer and get an easy win, then WHAM! this happens.

I'm pretty sure there was a Star Wars one a long time ago that ended with a Han Solo 3rd party win.

Those were the days... Well, the first one. I'm still annoyed with Tammo about that last one. :devil:

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Great game, everyone. It was very entertaining to play and watch, especially that awesome video. :laugh: Thanks Hinck and Foog for the excellent game. :sweet:

Congrats to the Scum and Dragonator. I really was fooled the whole time, except for a nagging suspicion about Scouty. I watched Masked target him on Night 1, and made the mistake of jumping to the conclusion that Scouty was a PGO (or PTS, paranoid trap-setter), and contacted him for an alliance. Stupid. :facepalm:

And nicely done, Dragonator. It's awesome when the lone third-partyer wins, and this is the second time I've seen it on EB (that I remember).

Fangy: I said on the dead writeboard that you'd get an earful from me. But I'm sick and drowsy so instead I'll just say this: you're way too passive. Every game you fly under the radar, regardless of alliance. That might help you on scum, but it really puts the town at a disadvantage when they think you're scum because of lack of participation. It really showed how harmful it can be in this game, but I think that's partially due to your trust.

Well I guess that was an earful, but yeah, don't be so passive. :tongue: I have no idea what went on in PM between you and Shadows, and I'm sure it wasn't easy, but I think more participation during the day would've helped you a lot.

Thank you for the amazing game, Hinck! :wub_drool: Beautiful, funny, poignant, annoying, frustrating, climactic, nail-biting... everything a mafia game should be! :wub: I loved it; I hated it, but only because I loved it so much. Make sense? :wacko:

It was fantastic playing in a little mini-masons with Pandora. :drool: I was so upset when Gibson died. Accordian-playing FabuGoats are now my new favourite. The combo worked really well, but I guess it can't be done again. We were a little surprised that more people didn't trust me after Pandy was revealed as Village - do you really think I could get away with being scum with Pandy sat right next to me? :laugh:

I think the active town played as well as possible given the circumstances. It always takes a good four days to get a town block together (unless Hinck is playing town :tongue: ), so with the early loss of the investigator and no established town leader, I didn't have much hope for the town getting things together as there was no way to confirm anyone. I actually didn't think there was an investigator at all. We did correctly identify all the scum (except iamded, who I was convinced was town :blush: ), but it was too late for me. :sad:

I have to thank Fangy for killing me. If I'd been left alive night 6 I'd have been lynched for sure, and that would have been to much of a humiliation for Cameron to endure. :laugh: Shame my confirmation as a Villager didn't turn things around.

Finally, Shadows. You played an amazing scum game, and the ending presented me with a new emotion: I actually felt bad for you. :blush: In the day threads, you did only two things which hinted at your scumminess: one was repeatedly accusing Eskallon, who was so megablocking obviously town (though only Pandy, Scuba and I seemed to see it); the other ... let me just say it was something that was so thoroughly out of character for you that it made it rather obvious. That's why Pandy tried to track you night three, and I tracked you night 5. Once we had worked out the scum kill method (all credit to Scuba there), I realised that the Motivator action which I inherited from Pandy could do more harm than good (it could give the scum two kills), so I decided to use the tracker to catch a scum rather than identifying someone to motivate. We caught you, but you sacrificed iamded instead. Awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Zeph... I said it on the deadboard, but I'll say it again: I gave you the shield to show you you could trust me. Then I motivated you so that you could protect two people and block two people. But you blocked me! BAWK!! :laugh:

EscapeTheFate (many jokes were made about his name during lynchings) was the first solo third party winner in Galactic Paranoia. I blocked that game from my mind mostly. It made me hate Star Wars for about a month, though I'm not sure why.

If Draggy and Shadows didn't tell each other everything on Day One

I'm not sure why you keep assuming that, it is not even slightly true. :laugh: Sure we talk about Mafia, just like other people send PMs to each other, but we always start out accusing each other of being scum, and then eventually see if we can work together more. I would never roleclaim to Shadows if I was scum and he was town, he would just find a way to kill me. And the reverse is true, Shadows would only roleclaim to me (or any other person for that matter) if it would be to his advantage. We did not share our roles on day one, Shadows would probably have killed me right there for being the SK. I even thought he was probably the stump until halfway through day 2, as I thought that would be something cruel you might do Hinck, so there was no way I was going to roleclaim to him. :tongue: No, he investigated me and after he found me corruptible, he approached me on day 2 and we discussed whether it would be worth converting me. Even then it was the usual "if I were scum", no mention of anything I could use against him if the conversion went wrong and I went and shouted it out to everyone. At that point I told him that I could kill, since I wanted him to convert me rather than killing me and waiting to convert someone a bit more useful. It was a tough call but I thought it would be the best way for me to survive the game, if I could somehow team up with the scum. The weaker plan was that if I couldn't be converted, I would be an SK that could survive to win with them, despite the win conditions stated in the rules. I wasn't even sure if I could be "converted" at that point, because how could my win condition transfer to a scum team? Then of course I became a double agent, much like the usurper role that Foog pointed out. I treated mine as being similar to that; on the team, but with a different win condition that would require betrayal. It's a unique role, and I think part of the issue is that it hasn't been done before on EB. We've had usurpers before, Lord Rotrigous was a fantastic one. :wub: Variant SK roles are tough, and this one was as close to the proper thing as we can get. I think the main assumption that shouldn't be made is that the SK just has to survive; that is not a normal SK win condition!

Once I was on the scum team I had an easy time finding the stump, which was out to expose me and kill me, as well as getting rid of town roles that might give me away. I would still have shown up as an SK to the town investigator, not a Cultist, that would really have blown things for me. A major hint once stumpy was dead was in my retaining the kill; if I just had to kill stumpy and survive, why would I keep killing? I was a bit worried things would go badly after that, but we kept things focused on killing townies and never really looked at the inconsistencies in my actions.

I guess it all comes down to standard Mafia play; if you're town, you either get lucky with actions or you have to use your observations. The same went for finding my role, you either got lucky or you figured it out from my somewhat inconsistent actions.

Anyway, those are my few thoughts on my role and such, I hope this can be a learning experience for everyone. :thumbup:

Going back, Draggy, why did you kill me? Just a random shot because you're the serial killer?

Yeah it was just a random kill sorry Bob, I went for someone nobody had really discussed and who hadn't attempted to push votes against anyone on day one.

Awesome game. I followed this one closely and I have to say that at the end I was 100% certain about Shadows being scum. It just seemed so obvious that Rufus would turn out town. I have to say though that Rufus did brilliantly, and if he had turned out scum I would have been struck dumb. I thought iamdead was scum from the beginning, but then I was confused when Shadows went on his back, at that point I wouldn't have thought they were both scum, stupid me. Shadows did brilliantly there. I liked to think that I was certain that Dragonator was scum, but he played almost exactly the same game in Excalibur 2.0 that I thought maybe that's just him or something. :sceptic:

Would have loved to be a part of this game, but after Excalibur 2.0, I can see why I wasn't included. :laugh:

...Now to sign up for Mafia School...

I'm pretty sure there was a Star Wars one a long time ago that ended with a Han Solo 3rd party win.

Shadows hosted Galactic Paranoia and the Double Agent won...

I'm not sure why you keep assuming that, it is not even slightly true. :laugh: Sure we talk about Mafia, just like other people send PMs to each other, but we always start out accusing each other of being scum, and then eventually see if we can work together more. I would never roleclaim to Shadows if I was scum and he was town, he would just find a way to kill me. And the ...

I'm simplifying, but you two do have a tendency to work together and both be diabolical. And it's your instant communication about the game that leads to this. It's definitely something I need to consider as a host. Notice this time I did not throw your names back and re-draw. I have faith in you guys to play fair...

Then of course I became a double agent, much like the usurper role that Foog pointed out. I treated mine as being similar to that; on the team, but with a different win condition that would require betrayal. It's a unique role, and I think part of the issue is that it hasn't been done before on EB. We've had usurpers before, Lord Rotrigous was a fantastic one. :wub: Variant SK roles are tough, and this one was as close to the proper thing as we can get.

This is precisely how it was supposed to be played. I guess I should've just said you were the usurper after you were converted as that's more "standard" Mafia play. What's the fun in playing if there isn't something new to challenge you? Helps keep your mind active and continue learning. Foog and I have been tallying the clues and there were more than I originally thought. It would've helped if I had just been ambiguous with Shadows instead of blatantly saying "no" but he wasn't in taking ambiguity or no for an answer mode. I felt attacked and I did what I could to put the issue to rest. And it's not like giving him false information isn't the correct course of Action. I really thought I had talked to him too much about your role at that point for it to be fair to your ability to achieve your win condition, so I was also trying to set that right. Pestering the host should not be thought of as a valid tactic and I have to remember to just ignore anyone who takes to pestering me or pressing my buttons in the future.

Awesome game. I followed this one closely and I have to say that at the end I was 100% certain about Shadows being scum. It just seemed so obvious that Rufus would turn out town. I have to say though that Rufus did brilliantly, and if he had turned out scum I would have been struck dumb. I thought iamdead was scum from the beginning, but then I was confused when Shadows went on his back, at that point I wouldn't have thought they were both scum, stupid me. Shadows did brilliantly there. I liked to think that I was certain that Dragonator was scum, but he played almost exactly the same game in Excalibur 2.0 that I thought maybe that's just him or something. :sceptic:

Would have loved to be a part of this game, but after Excalibur 2.0, I can see why I wasn't included. :laugh:

...Now to sign up for Mafia School...

Thank you for reminding me. Yes, Shadows delivered iamded and led the lynch on him but wasn't it at all suspicious that he was so sure that iamded was Scum? Almost every post he made about iamded was from the perspective that he knew iamded was Scum, because he did know, because he was Scum himself.

Sign in to follow this