Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

LDD Update: HF/BIONICLE user's report!

Ok, so LDD updated today... It's a big patch, but for us Figure people, it doesn't bring much new...

8000601116_bd0d75fa3f_b.jpg

Thoughts?

Edited by LewiMOC

I'm not satisfied (I never am) but some new BIONICLE pieces is good. You couldn't make much (or really anything), or at least I couldn't, with the few parts they had.

I'm pretty happy with the new parts added. Several of those I've been wanting for a quite a long time.

One of my only gripes is that it appears XT4's torso is bugged, in the sense that you can't connect armor to the center ball joint. Shame. :hmpf_bad:

Regardless, having fun experimenting with the new parts.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'd consider that a lot new. Perhaps not as much as some updates (we didn't get many of the summer 2012 parts besides structural parts like XT4's torso), but still enough to substantially increase our options.

You did miss one part I did find in the new version: the Throwbot leg (32173).

Also, one fix: there are now decorations for the Breakout torso shell. I'm not sure if the summer 2012 decorations are available for it, but now the early 2012 decorations (which were all available in the last version, but not usable on the correct piece) can be generated, though not with the decoration tool or LDD basic mode.

Here is a file including all the "new" decorations that I know right now can be generated in the new version of LDD. HF parts in that list include the torsos from the five early 2012 Hero sets and Splitface. Theoretically, by editing an LXFML file with these parts, you could put other decorations on these surfaces at all, but these are the only "official" variants I currently know how to generate.

Edited by Aanchir

They need to add more heads/helmets. They're really lacking those.

Well there are a couple new ones this time around (Toxic Reapa and Jawblade, for instance), but none of the ones from the summer wave. I'm hoping those get added sometime in the next update (probably next year).

I'm fairly sure at least two of the listed pieces were already in LDD, but not in the action figure section. Regardless, it is still nice to get some of these parts.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Really disappointed they didn't include the new "boot" armour piece (and, less importantly, Stringer's shoulder armour), otherwise all the great new stuff is here (woo, friction extenders!). I can't believe they've yet to include Thornraxx's and Splitface's heads though.

Now, if they only added this stuff on Pick Brick.. :cry_happy:

I'm glad they finally added Ehlek's claw part. I like the newer stuff they added too.

That is one of the pieces that I was referring to when I said that they were already included in LDD. I believe 53457 and 60917 were as well. These pieces were simply moved to the action figure section (Except the claw, which I remember being there.) from a different category.

Edit: Perhaps they were only in Extended Mode?

Edit 2: There is also an additional piece, the "Infected Quaza Spike" now appears twice, but with one has an altered part number despite being exactly the same. Confusing?

92235 and 73914.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

So the Ehlek claw is old. I thought I was just mixing things up.

The Inika body is new, right? I guess it opens to some Toa-mod possibilites, though AFAIC it's all about MOCing with HF these days.

That is one of the pieces that I was referring to when I said that they were already included in LDD. I believe 53457 and 60917 were as well. These pieces were simply moved to the action figure section (Except the claw, which I remember being there.) from a different category.

Edit: Perhaps they were only in Extended Mode?

Edit 2: There is also an additional piece, the "Infected Quaza Spike" now appears twice, but with one has an altered part number despite being exactly the same. Confusing?

92235 and 73914.

It's possible that they're not exactly identical, and that one is a newer and more refined mold. This has been done before; a very recent example is the Exo-Force robot arm piece which was re-designed with a new Design ID in 2011. I believe both versions are on LDD, and under close examination there are visible differences.