Aw, shoot, the errors I reported got lost in the downtime. So let me make a brief summary:

Edited by Aanchir

So I'm having some painting issues with the 87610 Boba Fett helmet. In LDD Extended, it would appear that along the front of the helmet, you can paint in three sections: the visor, the "cheek" and the "jaw" (my terms). The problem is that LDD seems rather finicky in the colors it wants to show when I do this. And that it seems to change with every time I open and close the program! When I use the eyedropper on each section, it'll register as what the color should be, even if it doesn't show it.

Here's a couple images to show what I'm talking about:

Yesterday: https://dl.dropbox.c...creenShot66.png

Today: https://dl.dropbox.c...reenShot66b.png

I have made zero changes to the models, file, LDD's options, my graphics (drivers are up to date) or anything else. And having just closed and reopened the program and file, I get yet another variation. Again, the eyedropper will register the colors fine (and when it flashes on the piece, it flashes the proper color until I move the mouse away) but the display is wonky.

I'm not 100% sure if this is some weird LDD issue or just me. Can anyone experiment? If you get the same issues I guess it's a bug.

I'd also like to reiterate the shortcomings of the palette on certain resolutions. There's at least one more row I can just barely make out when LDD isn't maximized, but I can't see it. :(

So I'm having some painting issues with the 87610 Boba Fett helmet.

I'm not 100% sure if this is some weird LDD issue or just me. Can anyone experiment? If you get the same issues I guess it's a bug.

I'd also like to reiterate the shortcomings of the palette on certain resolutions. There's at least one more row I can just barely make out when LDD isn't maximized, but I can't see it. :(

I did some initial testings and didn't find any issue with the helmet, but let's see if anyone else can spot some error.

Yes, the palette is not optimized for all screen resolutions. For these kind of errors, I always recommend a report o the LEGO Customer Services as well. Because then the report gets to the LDD Team also the official way meaning that not only "hardcore fans" have bumped into the problem.

Glad to see Eurobricks back up again !

I've recently 'upgraded' to the latest iMac OS (Mountain Lion I think) and now I can't see the outlines on the pieces when I use LDD, and the option to switch this feature on is greyed out in the menu. Is there a fix ?

Thanks,

D.

I too have this problem, however I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

So I'm having some painting issues with the 87610 Boba Fett helmet. In LDD Extended, it would appear that along the front of the helmet, you can paint in three sections: the visor, the "cheek" and the "jaw" (my terms). The problem is that LDD seems rather finicky in the colors it wants to show when I do this. And that it seems to change with every time I open and close the program! When I use the eyedropper on each section, it'll register as what the color should be, even if it doesn't show it.

Here's a couple images to show what I'm talking about:

Yesterday: https://dl.dropbox.c...creenShot66.png

Today: https://dl.dropbox.c...reenShot66b.png

I have made zero changes to the models, file, LDD's options, my graphics (drivers are up to date) or anything else. And having just closed and reopened the program and file, I get yet another variation. Again, the eyedropper will register the colors fine (and when it flashes on the piece, it flashes the proper color until I move the mouse away) but the display is wonky.

I've been having the same problem with LDD being finicky about colours; it does the same thing when trying to paint R2 domes. I'm not seeing changes between opening different sessions though, sorry. :(

All bugs so far has been reported to TLG.

With one exception: The "Mac OS X Lion" -problem. In that case I recommend you make a report directly to TLG custom services.

With one exception: The "Mac OS X Lion" -problem. In that case I recommend you make a report directly to TLG custom services.

Do you have a direct link? Id be happy to report it.

I did a service request on the the LEGO site and got in response that they'll forward the bug/request to the LDD expert, I got an ID for the ticket and didn't do a followup, will try tonight and will report back here.

Update 19th Octobre: I got the official response: Apple changed one OpenGL function in 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 that disallows this functionality in LDD. The mail doesn't state if they are working with apple or finding a workaround..

Edited by donut2k

While part #98590 recognizes parts with sockets on them (ex: part #90612) as connection points, it doesn't recognize any of the armor shell pieces (ex: part #90641) as connection points.

I did a service request on the the LEGO site and got in response that they'll forward the bug/request to the LDD expert, I got an ID for the ticket and didn't do a followup, will try tonight and will report back here.

Update 19th Octobre: I got the official response: Apple changed one OpenGL function in 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 that disallows this functionality in LDD. The mail doesn't state if they are working with apple or finding a workaround..

Bogus :sad: This has seriously put a damper on my TARDIS project. Cuz, y'know, it's mostly blue. Which makes it hard to build when I can't see the outlines *huh* . Guess I'll have to use Windows to keep working on this.

Please keep us posted. I love to hear if somebody comes up with a workaround!

Greetings!

The problem is: every time I want to place a decal on a piece (mostly minfig head) when I am opening pop-up palette, it's bottom border always going beyond brick count section (and Windows taskbar) so I am not able to see and use a few of lower rows of faces.

ldd_bugeport_1_r.jpg

See what I mean? And more over, the same problem is with color palette. With Legacy section to be more specific.

Is there any hope that development team will re-make those pop-up palettes? Maybe they'll place a scrollbar? >_<

My laptop's resolution is 1366x768 (which is aximum of course so I can't just change resolution) and I am curious if anyone had the same problem with another resolutions?

Edited by -N13OS-

@ Calabar I've read your post and agree that it would be great if color and decal palette will be placed in the sidebar.

Edited by -N13OS-

Greetings!

The problem is: every time I want to place a decal on a piece (mostly minfig head) when I am opening pop-up palette, it's bottom border always going beyond brick count section (and Windows taskbar) so I am not able to see and use a few of lower rows of faces.

See what I mean? And more over, the same problem is with color palette. With Legacy section to be more specific.

Is there any hope that development team will re-make those pop-up palettes? Maybe they'll place a scrollbar? >_<

My laptop's resolution is 1366x768 (which is aximum of course so I can't just change resolution) and I am curious if anyone had the same problem with another resolutions?

I made a template of just heads with all the decorations . I just pull that out pick the head I need and remove the rest.

Thanks for your update. I guess we could always roll back to the version prior to 10.7.5 if you absolutly had to.

Thanks for your update. I guess we could always roll back to the version prior to 10.7.5 if you absolutly had to.

There is a new build for 10.8.3, maybe it's already fixed in this new version.. I'm not in the developer program so no way of testing this.. let's wait for the next version and cross fingers!

A couple I've spotted:

• Can’t attach a 2x2 plate (3022) or a 2x2 plate with 1 knob (87580) to the top of a barrel (2489). In fact, I tried a whole bunch of bricks and plates, and round ones were the only ones that could be attached. Bug or a limitation of the software?

• The “Sea King” helmet (89918) does not attach to a round 1x1 brick (3062). It does attach to the nose cone and regular minifig head though.

• The “Sea King” helmet (89918) does not attach to a round 1x1 brick (3062). It does attach to the nose cone and regular minifig head though.

Are you sure?

SeaKingLDD.png

-Sci

I just tested it again, and the bug is even weirder than I first thought. The helmet will attach to the round 1x1 brick if they are facing the same direction. Rotate the helmet 90 degrees to either side and it won't attach to the round brick (unless you rotate the brick as well). It'll also attach at 180 degrees rotation.

e5XfF.jpg