Sign in to follow this  
Aethersprite

How do you guys fix your broken Bionicle pieces?

I'm aware HF pieces are very sturdy, and I'm glad TLG has made the socket change. But for older sets like Bionicle - I've had some of my really old sockets like Slizers break on me when all I did was try to move the joints after taking them out of storage, and some of my Bionicle sockets are getting so stiff I'm afraid they'll break.

Since I live in SIngapore, Lego's replacement service isn't an option for me - so how do you guys usually fix broken sockets? Does super glue work? Thanks!

I still use broken pieces until they go to hell :tongue: But fixing them is nearly impossible so I just cut the broken parts and reuse them somehow.

Thanks for the info, guys. Unfortunately I'm still schooling and have no access to BL. Looks like I'll have to make do with my broken parts and hope more of them don't break!

Yeah, sorry man but I usually just ignore broken pieces, helps that I usually have a lot more of what is broken, or that almost all the pieces that I use are in the far sturdier 2.0 variety.

I don't have any Bionicle pieces, but if they are made of the standard Lego©® ABS plastic, I have found that using MEK works a treat! MEK(Metyl Ethyl Ketone) is the base for pipe and polystyrene cement(airfix glue)/weld. In the past I have used pipe cement/weld. Since then I have used MEK with excellent results.

If it's a clean break then I use pure MEK on each part, wait a couple of secs then hold together. Regular bricks are easier as you can fix them to a another old brick.

If you have an old break that has rounded in the 'general population', then I find a really broken doner of the same colour, shave a few bits off and dissolve it into the MEK to make more of a glue.

Edited by Andromeda

That's harsh man for a toy that can be 20 plus years old, esp when Lego remote 12v Train has been retired and is so damned expensive to replace...!

I have 'glued' a 6x24 plate, and been able to flex it the same as an unbroken piece!

Peace.