Sign in to follow this  
DarthPotato

Life Size ROTS Lightsabers

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello there! I'd like to share with you all today my entry to the ROTS community build. Now, I want to start off by saying that I'm not the best MOCer, but I still tried to do well for this. :classic: These lightsabers are built to be the same size as their actual counterparts. Also, since they're built with official pieces, I had to use yellow for gold on some of these. Enjoy!

lifesizelightsabers.jpg

All five of the lightsabers.

lifesizelightsaber1.jpg

Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

lifesizelightsaber2.jpg

Mace Windu's lightsaber.

lifesizelightsaber3.jpg

Saesee Tiin's lightsaber.

lifesizelightsaber4.jpg

Kit Fisto's lightsaber.

lifesizelightsaber.jpg

Yoda's lightsaber.

So tell me what you think of these. Any comments and feedback would be widely appreciated. Thanks for your time and thanks for this community build! :thumbup:

Nice ones DarthPotato, can easily recognise Obi's, Mace and Yoda's hilts. I'm not that familiar with Kit's and Saesee's so its hard for me to comment but they still look good.

Its a shame that you cant get the elements in gold as the yellow is a little off putting though.

Great addition to the CB. :thumbup:

Good work DarthPotato :thumbup: :thumbup:

All lightsaber are very well-made :classic: :classic:

Nice job on these lightsaber hilts DarthPotato! I'm not familiar with all of them, but i did instantly recognize Obi-Wan's and Yoda's lightsaber among the bunch. :thumbup:

I do have to agree that the yellow is maybe a bit too bright. It's just a suggestion of course, but have you considered trying brown or tan as an alternative? It probably will look a bit less gold-like, but it's also less obtrusive and may result in a more balanced color scheme.

Thank you all for the kind words! :classic:

Nice job on these lightsaber hilts DarthPotato! I'm not familiar with all of them, but i did instantly recognize Obi-Wan's and Yoda's lightsaber among the bunch. :thumbup:

I do have to agree that the yellow is maybe a bit too bright. It's just a suggestion of course, but have you considered trying brown or tan as an alternative? It probably will look a bit less gold-like, but it's also less obtrusive and may result in a more balanced color scheme.

I haven't really considered another color, but I do agree that the yellow looks a little off. Darth Sidious' lightsaber is a little darker gold, maybe I could try those colors on his if I ever do it. Perhaps that'll make the color scheme look a little better. And thanks for the suggestion!

This is an excellent MOC Darth! I'm glad to see something that is outside of the box (so to speak) and also extremely accurate! Good job, and keep it up! :laugh:

P.S. My favourite has to be Obi-Wans Lightsaber. I just think of him as one of the best Jedi in the Clone Wars and he was great in the movies too, plus he's not half a good fighter! Very accurate rendition of a legends lightsaber!

This is an excellent MOC Darth! I'm glad to see something that is outside of the box (so to speak) and also extremely accurate! Good job, and keep it up! :laugh:

P.S. My favourite has to be Obi-Wans Lightsaber. I just think of him as one of the best Jedi in the Clone Wars and he was great in the movies too, plus he's not half a good fighter! Very accurate rendition of a legends lightsaber!

This really are some great models, I personally like Yoda's :yoda:

Thank you both. :sweet:

Nice little collection you've got here. Personally I think Mace's saber looks a bit weird in yellow, oddly though, Obi-wan's looks fine though. :wacko: Not bad though. :thumbup: