Wout

News LEGO Bricks & More 2013

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I could take a look in the retailers catalogue and I could tell about this.

Moderators, feel free to change or remove this post if not acceptable. :classic:

For young builders is the line from creator with one or two minifigs and some easy buildings.

10655 Monster trucks

10655-1.jpg

Pieces: 197

Price: USD 19.99

Brickset

10656 My First LEGO Princess

10656-1.jpg

Pieces: 88

Price: USD 9.99

Brickset

10657 My First LEGO Set

(construction theme)

10657-1.jpg

Pieces: 148

Price: USD 14.99

Brickset

10659 Blue Suitcase

10659-1.jpg

Pieces: 146

Price: USD 24.99

Brickset

10660 Pink suitcase

10660-1.jpg

Pieces: 151

Price: USD 24.99

Brickset

10661 My First LEGO Fire Station

10661-1.jpg

Pieces: 90

Price: USD 9.99

Brickset

10662 Creative Bucket

10662-1.jpg

Pieces: 607

Price: USD 29.99

Brickset

10663 Creative Chest

10663-1.jpg

Pieces: ??

Price: ??

Brickset

10664 Creative Tower

10664-1.jpg

Pieces: ??

Price: ??

Brickset

Edited by Rufus
Updated

Since the description was "for young builders" I would think it would be a Duplo princess. :shrug_oh_well:

I interpreted that these are from the theme Brickset calls "Bricks and more". Especially with the mention of minifigs, a new horse and Castle compatibility.

I interpreted that these are from the theme Brickset calls "Bricks and more". Especially with the mention of minifigs, a new horse and Castle compatibility.

I hope they arn't duplo, at anyrate, I like the idea of getting a princess and one of the new horses in brown! :thumbup:

I could take a look in the retailers catalogue and I could tell about this.

Moderators, feel free to change or remove this post if not acceptable. :classic:

For young builders is the line from creator with one or two minifigs and some easy buildings.

10655 Monster trucks, with 3 figs and 3 trucks

10656 Princess, with princess usable for castle, pink castle and new brown horse

10657 Baustelle, I don't know the english word for this german word on the moment.

10661 Firetruck, with fireman and dog

10659 Blue suitcase , with tankstation, 2 figs red car and dog

10660 Pink suitcase, with purple house, 2 female figs, cat, old round tree and new light blue bycycle.

There will be one other news: all sets (also in other themes) will have marked difficulty, in numbers. So, lets say those above mentioned set will have dicciculty "1", creator sets "2" or "3" (depends which), City "3", technic from "2" to "4" etc...

The princess set sounds interesting- new princess+new horse! I hope it's cheap.

As funny as it is, I agree :tongue: We've already had a blue princess (and a light blue one, though Pirate in origin), but we've never had a pink one I think.

Any princess is good engouh for me. . . especailly with a horse - incidently, can princesses ride horses? I don't think so. . . :sceptic:

incidently, can princesses ride horses? I don't think so. . . :sceptic:

Interesting notion. If they want the princess to be able to ride a horse, she has to either have legs instead of a dress slope or both pieces. I wonder how they approach this.

There will be one other news: all sets (also in other themes) will have marked difficulty, in numbers. So, lets say those above mentioned set will have dicciculty "1", creator sets "2" or "3" (depends which), City "3", technic from "2" to "4" etc...

Will it be marked on the box or something?

Edited by just2good

Will it be marked on the box or something?

Where else would it be marked? :wacko:

I wonder if this new difficulty rating system will replace the target age range? Perhaps TLG finally realized that there are a lot of people above the posted age range who buy the sets. :tongue:

I wonder if this new difficulty rating system will replace the target age range? Perhaps TLG finally realized that there are a lot of people above the posted age range who buy their sets. :tongue:

Well, that'd certainy make explaining LEGO purchases and the LEGO hobby easier! :laugh:

I meant to say where the age marking is at. Like if it will replace that. :tongue:

These sets are definitely Lego bricks, not Duplo, more like basic creator if I had to explain it, one of these sets definitely included the Friends light blue Bicycle from this year. And it was a small set.

I wonder if this new difficulty rating system will replace the target age range? Perhaps TLG finally realized that there are a lot of people above the posted age range who buy the sets. :tongue:

If the "Expert" banner from the new LEGO Creator train 10233 Horizon Express is connected with this, then it will not be replacing the age range, since that set has both an age range and a banner. No problem for me. I've never had anything against the posted age ranges, and in fact I appreciate them for giving some meaningful insights into what is considered the average building capacity of different ages without taking building experience into account.

Also, if these do have Creator branding instead of Bricks & More, then I'll appreciate that as well. The themes are very similar, and since the Horizon Express seems to indicate that 3-in-1 is no longer a constant in the Creator theme, the separation between them is even less.