Wout

News LEGO CREATOR 2013 News & Discussion

Has anyone found the white sports car? I've seen everything else at retail (TRU/Lego store), but no white car.

Has anyone found the white sports car? I've seen everything else at retail (TRU/Lego store), but no white car.

You could always try the online store. I got 31006 along with 31000, 31001, 31007 and 31008 for £54 with some free Legends of Chima polybag thing. All the things I wanted, and something I don't! :B

I just saw it today in a Target on Long Island, New York.

I found the Highway Speedster at Walmart.

Really fun build and the final product is spectacular. I had no idea it had scissor-up Lambo doors. So cool. I highly recommend picking this one up. Even if you don't leave it built, there are lots of good parts including plenty of white slopes, which are always useful for snow. :classic:

there are lots of good parts including plenty of white slopes, which are always useful for snow. :classic:

Plus the introduction of the 1x2 cheese grater slope in white. Honestly, it's really odd that we got this piece in Earth (Dark) Green of all colors and still don't have it in Medium Stone (Light Bluish) Gray!

I agree that the eagle looks very suitable to make a giant eagle for LOTR.

But it does have some minor flaws IMHO. Some colour coherence could be better, some surface could be tiles instead of studs and many users do not really like the head.

This would be a honourable task for moccers: Enhance the fierce flyer eagle even more to make the ultimate LOTR eagle.

I would love to see your suggestions if there are any.

I just saw this image on brickset and wandering if anyone knows anything about this set?

In the chinese zodiac the year of the snake starts 10 February 2013 – 30 January 2014: Water Snake.

Will Lego do one of these every year?

Are these exclusive sets?

I myself am a Wood Snake so this is a cool little set!

I just saw this set at a ToysRUs in Beijing. It was RMB 299 which is approaching US $50.

It's a nice looking set. Joe

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

Where did you see it? I can't find it as the link from a post above is not working anymore.

The new family home looks great!

Thanks, it works for me now, too. I guess it was the computer at work, trying to keep me focused on work, not bricks. :laugh:

It works for me.

Both Family house and Tree house looks interesting at this point. I like the modern touch of Family house with a ''glass'' walll. As I'll buy only a few of the 1H sets, I'm looking forward to these too.

Edited by Redhead1982

That house looks astonishing, it probably have interior so that is very great.

There's a photo of the German Toy Fair that shows the new family house even better: From German toy fair

Very nice, seems to be furnished.

I love it, these are by far my favourite Lego sets because they remind me of the sets I grew up with. They are like residential City sets that don't have one-piece walls and other cheats like 8403 City House. And this one in particular looks very architecturally different from everything else.

I'm so glad, after the Small Cottage I was worried they weren't going to do large Creator houses like this any more.

Edit: Wow, just shows how out of touch I've been that I hadn't even noticed that pics of all these sets have been around for a while.

Edited by David Thomsen

The new family house is definitely a step up from the previous houses. I love the large windows in the front and the balcony. This set looks amazing and I glad they went with a large base plate.

The base of the set seems to be made up of various combinations of 8x 16 and 16 x 16 plates (much like the last few Creator houses)

snip

Treehouse pictures! It looks pretty good. That brick-built dog breaks continuity and looks pretty bad... If this is $40 or less, I'll definitely pick it up!

I'm not sure what you mean about the dog and continuity... there's a very similar one in Hillside House.

31012 Picture thanks to Brickset's flickr:

8431317237_0568112e9c_c.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics/links!

I'm not sure what you mean about the dog and continuity... there's a very similar one in Hillside House.

Ah, I thought the one in the Hillside House was the molded dog piece. Nevermind! :blush: