Mister Phes

Minifigs from the LEGO Minifigure Series useful to the Pirate Theme - Series 24 - UPDATED November 2022

- if you swap out the legs the Barbarian has lots of possibilities as a bare chested Pirate. Especially with all of the ornate belts.

- The Scarecrows straw hat is starting to make me think a bit of One Piece.

This 'prospector' figure might be in S12 of the Collectible Minifigures.

164px-ProspectorMovie.png

I think the hat would look good on a pirate, shame about the bright orange patch though. If it were all black I think it would look good on a Herman Toothrot style castaway.

Herman_Toothrot.gif

Obvious as it is, Im surprised no one has mentioned the swashbuckler yet... pirate_laugh2.gif

Yeah, I kind of thought he went without saying... pir_laugh2.gif

I just read the first post and realised that we're supposed to be voting for minifigs or minifig accessories to go on the first post, and there are a couple of recent things notably missing. Here are my thoughts:

Calamity Drone:

71004-1.jpg

Musket, and also I think the hairpiece with hat might look good on a female swashbucker. Unfortunately the grey stops the rest of her from being as useful as it could have been.

William Shakespeare:

71004-8.jpg

Torso, trousers and ruff could be useful for naval explorers. Very similar to the Thespian, who is already in the first post.

Wild West Wyldstyle:

71004-4.jpg

Dress could be appropriate for a bordello owner somewhere in the Caribbean. Definitely a bordello owner.

Marsha:

71004-16.jpg

For those who have a fantasy element in their Pirate theme.

Fortune Teller:

71000-9.jpg

Voodoo lady of the seas.

Islander:

71002-5.jpg

Is an Islander.

Also, and I know this is somewhat late, I'd like to see Faefrost's idea of the Barbarian torso swapped out to make a bare-chested pirate. And once proper images of the Swashbuckler are available, I think he should definitely be included. And I agree with Elrond that that the Pretzel Girl's torso would make an excellent girl pirate.

On 6/3/2014 at 9:21 AM, David Thomsen said:

This 'prospector' figure might be in S12 of the Collectible Minifigures.

164px-ProspectorMovie.png

I think the hat would look good on a pirate, shame about the bright orange patch though. If it were all black I think it would look good on a Herman Toothrot style castaway.

Herman_Toothrot.gif

You're three-quarters of the way right!

That Hat IS from a Prospector CMF; However there are some minor differences; 

image.jpeg.20ac047b08a68cacd032df52cfa687ca.jpeg 

Grey Chin-Beard, Unionsuit top, suspenders... The Patch and color of the hat actually do Synergyze well with another Pirates Top that was introduced in the 2015 Pirates wave, which was also a brown top with a single beige patch. 

Pirate (2015) - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

Matter of fact, I got this fella right here, with the Prospector's Hat, and Legs, and I call him, "Patches O'Hoolahan" Stout-hearted and stout-fisted brickhouse of a man, he's as well known for lifting heavy Chests full of loot as he is for brawling and carousing when he's in port. As a manner of habit from both hobbies, Patches Clothes incidentally get worn out quite often! Haven't had a free moment to play Bretheren of the Brick Sea, but if anyone's got a spare prospector and 2015 Brown pirate torso with patch, they're more than welcome to introduce him and put him in play!

Edited by JeffBuilds

22 hours ago, JeffBuilds said:

I am still bummed that they didn’t do back print on this figure, he was begging for those suspenders to be on the back. 

The Rococo Aristocrat blog post has been published on Classic-Pirates.com.

And here we learn exactly what a Rococo Aristocrat is....

pir-classicpirates.png

And a big thanks to @Samarth our latest Facebook Group Moderator for jumping on this so quickly in the group - because, as per usual, I'm so caught up with external matters and would have missed this minifig had he not take the initiative to write a post about it. :pir-thumb:

On 6/30/2022 at 2:36 AM, JeffBuilds said:

You're three-quarters of the way right!

That Hat IS from a Prospector CMF; However there are some minor differences; 

Grey Chin-Beard, Unionsuit top, suspenders... The Patch and color of the hat actually do Synergyze well with another Pirates Top that was introduced in the 2015 Pirates wave, which was also a brown top with a single beige patch. 

Pirate (2015) - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

Matter of fact, I got this fella right here, with the Prospector's Hat, and Legs, and I call him, "Patches O'Hoolahan" Stout-hearted and stout-fisted brickhouse of a man, he's as well known for lifting heavy Chests full of loot as he is for brawling and carousing when he's in port. As a manner of habit from both hobbies, Patches Clothes incidentally get worn out quite often! Haven't had a free moment to play Bretheren of the Brick Sea, but if anyone's got a spare prospector and 2015 Brown pirate torso with patch, they're more than welcome to introduce him and put him in play!

You should join the Sea Rats immediayley! We'd love this character!

Who know which torso this is? Number, CMF-series? Sets?
I can't find it on the web...
1280x932.jpg

I found it in the BAM-tower in the LEGO Store Amsterdam about a week ago.
I could only find one.
All the other parts were from the current BAM-minifigures.

I think it fits ok/well with the Islander legs to make a 'modern' female Islander.
20230929_100344.jpg

Edited by CvS

1 hour ago, CvS said:

Here it is Torso Mermaid Shell Bra and Sea Snail Necklace Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands: Part 973pb1320c01 | BrickLink and it's from Mermaid, Series 9 (Complete Set with Stand and Accessories): Set col09-12 | BrickLink and your right it does make a nice islander but it's already on the list on page 1 so make sure to check there next time. :pir-classic:

5 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

Here it is Torso Mermaid Shell Bra and Sea Snail Necklace Pattern / Yellow Arms / Yellow Hands: Part 973pb1320c01 | BrickLink and it's from Mermaid, Series 9 (Complete Set with Stand and Accessories): Set col09-12 | BrickLink and your right it does make a nice islander but it's already on the list on page 1 so make sure to check there next time. :pir-classic:

Thanks!
Strange that such an old piece was in the BAM-tower...

To add to this thread i would suggest two more recent minifigs:

Dr. Facilier from the Disney 100 series:

dis097.png

And the Ancient Warrior from the CMF series 21:

col381.png

There are also Pocahontas and Mulan from the Disney 100 CMF but i am not sure if others would agree to add them here?

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Dr. Facilier from the Disney 100 series:

dis097.png

I love this minifig, but I changed the top hat to the classic LEGO one. Sorry pirates ... no more Jolly Roger ...

1 minute ago, The Reader said:

I love this minifig, but I changed the top hat to the classic LEGO one. Sorry pirates ... no more Jolly Roger ...

Yeah, it's a wonderful fig and my favorite from the Disney CMF! I snatched 3 of him + one still in the bag. I am thinking to remove the feather from one of the hats. I also got multiples of Pocahontas and Tiana but i found just one Mulan. Also Ernesto and Miguel's head can be useful in some kind of Dias de los muertos setting or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Mulan

Mulan is the only other minifig I bought from the Disney CMF S2. I changed her head and hands to yellow and now she fits into my Orient Expedition's Dragon Fortress. :excited:

48 minutes ago, The Reader said:

Mulan is the only other minifig I bought from the Disney CMF S2. I changed her head and hands to yellow and now she fits into my Orient Expedition's Dragon Fortress. :excited:

What i don't like about Mulan is her hairpiece. It feels strange and the rubber is not as shiny as ABS. Looks fatty or whatever the word is :pir_laugh2:

On 9/29/2023 at 1:38 PM, CvS said:

1280x932.jpg

I found it in the BAM-tower in the LEGO Store Amsterdam about a week ago.
I could only find one.
All the other parts were from the current BAM-minifigures.

I think it fits ok/well with the Islander legs to make a 'modern' female Islander.
20230929_100344.jpg

Lucky you

On Saturday they put some new parts on BAM station one of them was mermaid/triton tails 

But there are no matching torsos available 

Just now, El Garfio said:

On Saturday they put some new parts on BAM station one of them was mermaid/triton tails

Which color has the BAM mermaid piece?

11 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Which color has the BAM mermaid piece?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cx2vOXLLBnt/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I answered the thread because just I posted a picture of the mermaid part next to the cmf mermaid asked by CvS 

I was able to complete the minifig because some months ago I got the duck tattoo torso at BAM

Edited by El Garfio