Mister Phes

Minifigs from the LEGO Minifigure Series useful to the Pirate Theme - Series 24 - UPDATED November 2022

How come Grenadier Guard is in the first post?

Due to my failure in realising the Grenadier Guard and the Royal Guard are the same minifigure.

The official LEGO website refers to this minifigure as "Royal Guard" so to prevent confusion we too should refer to him as such.

The series 2 Mime has kind of an interesting torso, with the black and white shirt with black vest. Plus there are a ton of distinct and scruffy faces throughout the CMF's. Case in point the series 4 Samurai.

So is that nominations for both Mime and Samurai?

post-273-0-21422200-1362215978_thumb.jpg

Most notable changes from the preview images are:

• Revolutionary Soldier now has legs and a flintlock musket
  • Native American has a mohawk and tomahawk instead of a spear.
  • Sea Captain appears to be holding a pair of binoculars.

I am liking the looks of the revolutionary soldier. First collectable minifigure that was from a famous war. I'll have to pick up a lot of those. That wig <3 Also, that centurion catches my eye...

The Revolutionary soldier's the best! I also think some of the other minifigs have small uses for pirates. The mechanic has a rag hat, and the Medusa has a mermaid body.

The Revolutionary Soldier is just perfect for Piraty stuff, either as is or parted out (That wig!). I think he Medusa has some good possibilities if you are playing around in a Fantasy'ish PotC type environment of Mermaids, Ghost Pirates and classic sea monsters. Kind of a classic Sea Hag.

For the more historically minded, this new Native American Warrior is a much better match for the Eastern North American Natives that would be appropriate for Pirate MOC's. just will look funny if you attempt to army build them.

The Xena Warrior Woman, Roman, Sea Captain have great faces and heads for pirate stuff. The Sea Captain in particular would look great in a Captain or Admirals uniform.

Edited by Faefrost

The Medusa would make a nice addition to the Pirate theme, either as a creature to fight, or as a cool figurehead.

The Revolutionary guy is a perfect army builder - I wish I already had 20 of them or so!

^ No, it looks too cartoony to be used in the pirates theme. Maybe the nice legs with side printing though.

^ No, it looks too cartoony to be used in the pirates theme. Maybe the nice legs with side printing though.

It's obviously aimed at a younger audience, but I don't think it's too cartoony to be used. I guess it just depends on your own standards.

When I first saw this minifig I immediately thought Zombie Pirate!

(Though in the photo I saw he wasn't holding a gun)

post-273-0-48975200-1367319617_thumb.jpg

Upon closer inspection It's actually a character called "Kithaba" from LEGO Star Wars set 9496 Desert Skiff.

I guess the torso could be used for a pirate zombie. But probably the most useful piece for LEGO Pirates is his headgear. Although it comes in three sets already, I thought this was a new color for the piece.

It is a good torso for a zombie pirate, and even a regular pirate if you don't care too much about the skin prints.

The rag hat is an obvious yes, but I don't think the head itself looks too "zombie-y".

I really liked your post and how you described/photos the figures or whatever you-call it. Keep it up ;)

- Tyler

col162.jpg

Perhaps this chest piece could serve as a sergeant? I love the printing on the arms. Give him some epaulets and a backpack and he is good to go.

Edit* I would change his legs face and hat as well.

Edited by Zaeley

Pick up a bunch of minifigs from the latest, series 10, set. Feeling the bags I was convinced that I had found either the Tomahawk Warrior or Revolutionary Soldier. Instead, what I thought was a weapon turned out to be the wrench for the Motorcycle Mechanic. :wacko:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. About the only things of worth was the bandana and the tattooed left arm. I dug through my collection of other unused figures and put together this motley crew. I think I’ve managed to salvage something at least.

Crew 1

crew1.JPG

S6 Butcher – head Lego Troll Warship – torso

S5 Artist – torso S6 Butcher – accessories

I can’t remember where the butchers head came from, which is a shame, as its perfectly manic looking for someone armed with a meat clever.

Crew 2

crew2.JPG

S4 Punk Rocker – torso

S8 Football Player – head S8 Jungle Boy – torso

Crew 3

crew3.JPG

For some reason I’ve decided that these two are brothers, and have now changed it so that both use the Ninjago legs as seen on the left figure. Both sets of legs came from the Sun Newspaper blue Ninjago sets

S45 Punk Rocker – head S8 Football Player – white torso

S8 DJ – Head

Crew 4

crew4.JPG

This is a side view of Jungle boy from Crew 1, showing off the flame tattoo arm from the Mechanic that I gave them all

The other I’ve named Ben Gunn, from Treasure Island. That’s supposed to be a chunk of “good Christian cheese” in his hand. (Though I think a yellow wedge (30 1x1 2/3) would work better.)

S5 Ice Fisherman – torso S4 Garden Gnome - head, beard S8 Jungle Boy - legs

Edited by Israel Hands

Just noticed that Toys 'n Bricks reported that Series 11 will contain a "warrior Tiki man". I would bet you dollars to donuts that this is an Islander update, although even if it's not, it would probably mix well with them. Time to dust off my Islander collection... :grin:

TC

I'd suggest:

The fortune teller. She would make a great female pirate or a nice waitress in a tavern.

lego-series-9-minifigures-Fortune-Teller-12.jpg

The sailor. The torso might be used for a crewman on an imperial ship.

Col058.jpg

mccrew.jpg

The Garden Gnome. The torso might look good on an Armada nobleman.

Col049.jpg

My first post in Pirate's forum...

I think that the Revolutionary soldier is a figure who can be great chaches in Pirate's Theme. And I am really lucky becuase the first pack I bought of the last figure's collection contained a Revolutionar!

Paolino

A few ideas based on the recently unveiled series 11 minifigs:

- The Bavarian woman would make a good waitress or female pirate

- The Tiki warrior would be a fine addition to the Islanders

- The elf's torso could be used for a pirate or Armada sailor

I'm afraid the constable's torso won't work though. His badge and the numbers on his collar are too specific.