Mister Phes

Minifigs from the LEGO Minifigure Series useful to the Pirate Theme - Series 24 - UPDATED November 2022

hehe... said be the guy with this avatar... I have to believe you :laugh:

the legs, any clue?

Nope. We know the musket from a sneaky picture from London that snapped the backdrop to the minifigs display, but it didn't show the waist down. I very much agree with your prediction of white trousers with printed boots.

Oh, and the avatar is Friedrich the Great of Prussia, I'll have you know.

I cant wait for the revolutionary soldier. I've been using joshamee gibbs hair for a colonial wig, but the wig on the soldier is perfect! Seems like he should come with a tricorn though ):

If you got a tricorn you'd lose the wig. I'd much rather have something that I can use on other minifigs, wouldn't you? Finally, something for upper-crust civilians!

I seriously doubt the fig will be called "revolutionary soldier", or that its meant to be from the American Revolutionary War at all. Is there an official source for the name?

At this point there is no official information available and the only sources are websites like Brickipedia. So make of it what you will.

To be exact, the original source on the names listed the fig as "Revolution Soldier". No proof of course that the names aren't just descriptions instead of official names, but I think they are quite believable.

As the leak of Series 10 from Lego's own parts catalogue presumably included all the new molds and prints, the soldier should be expected to have unprinted pants.

well... the most important thing is the wig and the torso design :drool:

as the conquistador in the CMF# 8... this guy will be an army building choose... I now, I will do!

and speaking of others CMF suitable for pirates...its obviously that there are a few "just to put like this" in your ships or ports (pirate captain, conquistador), but there are others minifigs, that with a little changes "here an there" (change the legs... add a bandana... etc) fits perfectly, for example:

CMF#1:

caveman: sweet as castaway!... I see him scream "Wilson!"

CMF#2:

vampire: perfect torso for nobility

mime: I have seen his torso, with others arms, as regular sailors on some posts!

surfer: change his legs, and add a bandana... perfect for dock worker or pirate sailor!

CMF#3:

sumo: just like the surfer... change his legs, and add a bandana... perfect for dock worker or pirate sailor!

CMF#4:

musqueteer: his hat and rapier... priceless!

viking and sailor: for their face expression!

CMF#5

Grenadier guard: just the... the all grenadier guard of course... especially for the napoleonic army builders

Gladiator: for their face expression!

CMF#6

flamenco dancer: my armada needs their "Maja"!

CMF#7

aztec warrior: not an islander, but a fierce warrior indeed!

neptune: I have to say more?

bagpiper: especially if you have a redcoat army

jungle boy: castaway, sailor, prisoner (has to change the face).... very useful

CMF#8 (great one for pirates lovers)

conquistador: nothing to say...

actor: I was shocked the great torso design!

pirate captain: nothing to say...

CMF#9

fortune teller: as I said... it could be a great wench

the judge: the torso, the wig, the face for a doctor... even the toga could work... pretty everything

the mermaid: yellow mermaid!

forest maiden: the historic guys will hang me, but I'll change her hair, and put behind a bar! :head_back:

til now, I know that could be one or more facial expresions, accesories (like the santa's bag) and other stuffs, out this list, and everyone had used here and there...

about the use and possibilities of the CMF 10 and beyond... once I'll have them in my hands

What do you think?

Edited by Brig. Brick

What do you think?

I think we implement the 5 vote system!

I.e. Someone suggest a minifigs... Then, if 5 other people vote for it by posting a comment* it gets added to the first post of this thread - you did check the first post?

The Aztec Warrior, Musketeer, Mermaid, Judge, Ocean King (Neptune) and Conquistador are already there.

* The comment must state why the minifigure is a good choice and how it can be used in the pirate theme for the vote to be valid.

(...) you did check the first post?

The Aztec Warrior, Musketeer, Mermaid, Judge, Ocean King (Neptune) and Conquistador are already there.

of course I do, I just made a whole and quick sweep upon the CMF's collection... including those that are already point it out!

p.s. :wacko: I just realized I skip the "hula dancer" of the CMF #3

I think we implement the 5 vote system!

I.e. Someone suggest a minifigs... Then, if 5 other people vote for it by posting a comment* it gets added to the first post of this thread (...)

* The comment must state why the minifigure is a good choice and how it can be used in the pirate theme for the vote to be valid.

I can suggest that the a comment and or describe also should be supported with a photograph ( :grin: excluding mine... well, until I have time again!)

Edited by Brig. Brick

I can suggest that the a comment and or describe also should be supported with a photograph ( :grin: excluding mine... well, until I have time again!)

I concur! Provide a photo yer lazy bilge rats!

That includes you too Brig. Brick. :pir-classic:

8805-grenadier_brickset.jpg

I believe the Grenadier Guard from CMF #5 is a good one for the Pirates. Why you ask? Because he's a redcoat, and makes a great one, believe. You might as well ask the question, "How Redcoats beneficial to Pirates?"

How's that? I provided a image!

Not necessarily. the redcoats did't wear those or shakos in the golden age of piracy...

But, this is LEGO not real life. :wink:

Yea, honestly historical accuracy is not a concern of mine when I build. Be creative!

Nonetheless, both red coats and blue coats wore shakos in the Pirate Theme...

So Grenadier Guard was requested by Brig. Brick and has received one vote from Brickington.

Then why does my opinion matter at all? I have also never understood that... Just because it is lego, why can it not be based on history? or a more learned imagination. But, then again I am the most picky person I know when it comes to building lolol

I love the Minifig hair pieces, this is what i like to use...

I guess I didn't explain why I am voting for mine..

Judge has a really accurate wig for a fop or noble person.

The hippie has a really nice hair piece because NOT all pirates wore hats.

The fortune teller body makes a great wench and the hair is a nother good hollywood example of a pirate's dress.

and I do not know if it counts but the brown curly hair from friends makes another good fop wig!

Then why does my opinion matter at all? I have also never understood that... Just because it is lego, why can it not be based on history? or a more learned imagination. But, then again I am the most picky person I know when it comes to building lolol

I love to be Historically Accurate when I build, but I am just saying it's not necessarily. :wink:

It's LEGO... You get to chose whether it's historically accurate (to the point LEGO allows), or you can decides its completely fantastical to the point of surrealism.

The fortune teller body makes a great wench and the hair is a nother good hollywood example of a pirate's dress.

OK, Fortune Teller, suggested by Brig. Brick and has received one vote from Durins Bane.

Agreed! I vote for Fortune Teller as well. :wink:

I concur! Provide a photo yer lazy bilge rats!

That includes you too Brig. Brick. :pir-classic:

rope for my own neck! :laugh:

I have to say, I proposed from every CMF, but I don't have from the 1 and 2... so no pictures of me of the caveman and the vampire either!

also, it was a long propose... so It will take time to put pictures of every single one... so, If anybody wants to help with pictures, its very welcome!

I'll begin my picture list with a quick customization, remember that I say that maybe not all the minifig but part of each one could be useful for pirates, or it needs an explanation.

CMF's: flamenco dancer, thespian and musketeer

with no further delay I present: Don Francisco Villalón de Mendoza, and his beautiful daughter, la Señorita Leonora Villalón de la Vega!

dsc_1535.jpg

from behind:

dsc_1536.jpg

dsc_1537.jpg

dsc_1538.jpg

p.s.: It's difficult to find a CMF that fits perfectly into the pirates without a little customization work, a bit of imagination and support characters!

Edited by Brig. Brick

I vote for the Fortune Teller as well as the Sailor. The Fortune Teller can be used as the Captain's wife or something rather. :wink: There's many great uses, as her clothes fit the period. The sailor, although not designed specifically for pirates, can be used as a Royal Navy deck hand nonetheless. Swap out the hat if you're looking for accuracy, and you're away to the races! :pir_laugh2::bonaparte:

Edited by ManInATopHat

Fortune Teller is now at 3 votes.

Flamenco Dancer has been suggested by Brig Brick and locked in!

Grenadier Guard receives a vote from Grimm Beard taking the total to 2 votes.

Grenadier Guard receives a vote from Grimm Beard taking the total to 2 votes.

How come Grenadier Guard is in the first post?

The series 2 Mime has kind of an interesting torso, with the black and white shirt with black vest. Plus there are a ton of distinct and scruffy faces throughout the CMF's. Case in point the series 4 Samurai.