Captain Nemo

MOC: Flash vs. Grodd

“Deep in the African jungles and on the outskirts of the elusive Gorilla City—the villainous Gorilla Grodd is attempting to brainwash all of its ape citizens! But look!—if you look fast enough!—the Flash has come to save the day! Is Grodd’s trigger finger fast enough to target the fastest man alive? Will Flash save the day? Does Grodd like bananas? Only time will tell in the next episode of The Flash!

The Flash vs. Gorilla Grodd

flash_vs_grodd.jpg

First off, no there is not second episode! Flash wins—duh. Anyways, I was very excited to finally see some new series 8 collectable Minifigures at a local store, and after finding a few I wanted—like the Alien Queen—a few I didn’t really need but like—Conquistador—and a few crappy ones by accident—Pirate Captain! S**t!—I was able to get the pieces, mainly the cape, to make a nice version of Grodd. From there it was a simple task of just building a nice vignette to show him off as well as my fake Flash figure—come on Lego! Make a Flash already!

Enjoy,

~Captain Nemo

Excellent piece of MOCing 'Captain Nemo'.....I would say he loves banana's and he's evil plan is having all the banana's in the world to himself ! :laugh:

Great Flash running effect too.....Brick On 'Captain Nemo' ! :grin:

Haha, great story. :thumbup: This MOC looks excellent. I especially like how you made the effects for Flash, so it looks as if he's actually running. The machine looks detailed too.

Fantastic effects on Flash! That's really creative and ingenious. :thumbup: The purist custom Grodd, his evil contraption, and the rest of the vig is also really well done! :thumbup:

Wow! Great scene! You can really tell what's going on just by looking at it! That Flash blur is indeed brilliant! I love everything about it - how you can see the yellow from the lighting bolts on his head, how you can see that he jumped over that banana, how you see each of Grodd's shots going towards him, but missing - everything! Now if only that was a real Flash minifig! :cry_sad:

Wonderful MOC. :thumbup: I especially like Grodd and how the bananas are all over the place. I do hope that we get these characters some day...this just made me want them more. :tongue:

Very Nice, I'm thinking of using that brick built ape from chima as Grodd

Thanks! Yes the Chima ones are nice. At the time of this creation, this was the only gorilla to use, but I think he works well if not too plain. However I do think Lego needs to make more new villains like Grodd offically anyways. One of my good friends on Flickr made a spectacular Chima Grodd, you can check it out here.

Thanks! Yes the Chima ones are nice. At the time of this creation, this was the only gorilla to use, but I think he works well if not too plain. However I do think Lego needs to make more new villains like Grodd offically anyways. One of my good friends on Flickr made a spectacular Chima Grodd, you can check it out here.

That's what mine will look like as soon as I get around to ordering that cape. :grin: The CMF one is pretty good, too. I just like the angrier expression on the Chima fig.

One of my good friends on Flickr made a spectacular Chima Grodd, you can check it out here.

That is nice, I'll think i'll stick to the brick built one though. No regular gorilla is strong enough totake on The Flash AND my custom Jay Garrick

customs are you a kid

I'm in my teens, and my customs aren't that bad (Nemo- your's are amazing) if TLG haven't made the real thing yet

Edited by Rinzler

customs are you a kid

Dude, everyone makes customs. There's an entire forum dedicated to customs. And almost every MOC has them.