Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

Lord Vader, can you hear me?

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Yes, My Master.

Picture002-9.jpg

Where is Padme? Is she safe, is she all right?

Picture003-8.jpg

Picture005-7.jpg

I'm afraid she died. ... it seems in your anger, you killed her.

Picture012-4.jpg

I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt her! She was alive! It's impossible! No!!!

This has brilliant parts usage all over it. Love it! :thumbup: My only suggestion would be to lengthen the slopey parts of the helmet by a few plates.

AWESOME bust of the man-in-black 'Dapper-D2' :grin:......oh, yeah and 'Mr Man' took the words out of my mouth so to speak.....Most impressive ! :laugh:

Brick On 'Dapper-D2' ! :grin:

Do not underestimate the power of Dapper-D2 :vader:

I've got a splitting headache from the moment i got out of bed this morning, but this fun and well executed creation sure managed to make me smile and brighten my day a bit. Well done and thanks for posting this Dapper-D2! :sweet:

Nice one Dapper, great part usage. You have paid attention and add all the details for Vader.

I would suggest like MOOD said extend the back of the helmet a stud or two longer and I would also slightly widen the around the mouth where it comes back to the head.

Apart from that it looks very nice :thumbup: . It looks like it could go with my Midi scale clone helmet :wink: .

Another great entry for the CB.

Do not underestimate the power of Dapper-D2 :vader:

I've got a splitting headache from the moment i got out of bed this morning, but this fun and well executed creation sure managed to make me smile and brighten my day a bit. Well done and thanks for posting this Dapper-D2! :sweet:

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

This has brilliant parts usage all over it. Love it! :thumbup: My only suggestion would be to lengthen the slopey parts of the helmet by a few plates.

Thanks! You're right, but that would require another bricklink order, so this will have to do.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I had to pay homage to Darth Vader for this CB. After all that’s what episode 3 was all about, for me anyway. The rise of Lord Vader.

I found it quite difficult to judge the size at first glance, I thought it must be fairly large but when I really looked at it and saw the pieces you had used I realised it must be relatively small. Brilliant part usage :thumbup: .

Edited by Praiter Yed

I found it quite difficult to judge the size at first glance, I thought it must be fairly large but when I really looked at it and saw the pieces you had used I realised it must be relatively small. Brilliant part usage :thumbup: .

Thanks Praiter! He is about 5 inches tall by 4 inches wide. I really wanted to build him on a much larger scale, such as the official Lego Darth Maul, but could not immediately come up with any great ideas for it. However when thinking about it in this smaller scale the ideas came more easily, especially as it related to what parts to use for the helmet and eyes.

Wow, this is fantastic! :oh: Using that piece that goes in front of a train as Vader's mouth piece was genius! Great job. :classic:

Thanks Darth, when I saw that piece I knew immediately how I wanted to use it. It’s not totally accurate, but at this scale I think it worked out well enough.

It looks like it could go with my Midi scale clone helmet :wink: .

It’s quite a bit smaller, but maybe I‘ll try one at that scale. :wink: Great job on that by the way!

AWESOME bust of the man-in-black 'Dapper-D2' :grin:......oh, yeah and 'Mr Man' took the words out of my mouth so to speak.....Most impressive ! :laugh:

Brick On 'Dapper-D2' ! :grin:

Thanks Lightning! I don’t see Johnny Cash here! :laugh: Who would win in a fight Vader or Cash? My money would be on Cash! :thumbup:

Thanks Praiter! He is about 5 inches tall by 4 inches wide. I really wanted to build him on a much larger scale, such as the official Lego Darth Maul, but could not immediately come up with any great ideas for it. However when thinking about it in this smaller scale the ideas came more easily, especially as it related to what parts to use for the helmet and eyes.

On another look it is smaller that I originally thought. For some reason it gives the impression that its larger that it actually is. Its funny sometimes who ideas come along, most of my builds start relatively small and get larger when ideas come flowing in. Smaller builds usually mean less parts but more thought on part usage, in larger builds you usually are able to find ways to put multiple elements together to get the desired shape.

You've captured the shape nicely. For some reason, I think it looks a bit comical, I'm not really sure why, it just does. :shrug_oh_well:

On another look it is smaller that I originally thought. For some reason it gives the impression that its larger that it actually is. Its funny sometimes who ideas come along, most of my builds start relatively small and get larger when ideas come flowing in. Smaller builds usually mean less parts but more thought on part usage, in larger builds you usually are able to find ways to put multiple elements together to get the desired shape.

I agree it usually is easier to build on a larger scale, but with Vader I couldn’t figure out how to make the rounded look of the helmet and eyes without having a stacked brick look, such as the head of the UCS R2-D2, and I felt it was important to keep those areas looking smooth, round, and shiny. That’s the challenge for me on the larger scale, any suggestions, please PM me?

You've captured the shape nicely. For some reason, I think it looks a bit comical, I'm not really sure why, it just does. :shrug:

That’s funny, because I always thought Darth Vader resembled a dog. I guess you can’t get away from that look even in Lego form. :laugh: