NXTManiac

Foster the People - Houdini

Agreed, this is absolutely awesome. So fast paced and never standing still, perfectly complimenting the song! Though some bits are like the actual video, I'm guessing you did a lot of the choreography and such yourself? In which case, doubly awesome. :tongue:

Edited by Catanas

This really is fantastic! The movement, the lighting, the coordination and the detailing - it's all so, so good. :wub:

You really took an essence of the video and turned it into a professional-looking LEGO video for the song. Just fantastic. :thumbup:

A really impressive technical achievement. The lighting, camera moves and transition are top notch. Many kudos on making the floating scenes look so natural. My only quibble would be that the animated faces doesn't blend with the actual face perfectly. Not sure if anyone other than us animation snobs will notice that though.

Brickfilming excellence at its highest form, outstanding piece of artwork! :thumbup: Gotta love the keen attention to details - camera panning/zooming, minifig posing, lighting effects, and even the minute intricacies like the drum cymbals clapping - all ingeniously executed. Thanks for sharing this truly inspirational work Sir! :thumbup:

Viva la vida was my favorite brick film... Until I saw this. This is INCREDIBLE, it is LEGO as I see it in my head when I dream, you made these bricks alive.. I think the song's title is appropriate, you are a magician.

Brilliant! There was so much going on. So many details.

I can only imagine how long this would have taken to make.

Brilliant work. :sweet: This definitely deserves some more attention. :wink:

Good call!

This is some seriously smooth stuff!

Like Kiel said the camera panning and the reaction to movement is awe inspiring. For a production team to do a real life music video like this would take dozens of crew members and you put it together on your lonesome.

I really can't praise you enough for this flick, was it for a comp or some sort of festival or did you just wake up one morning and say "Gee I feel like making some kickass brick flicks"?

Dazzling! Like commented above, the camera movements are amazing.. such a smooth animation (not to mention the lights! :wub: ). One thing I'm wondering though, is how did you deal with this song being copyrighted?

Superb nice MTV in LEGO style! I am enjoying it and there are lots of details putting into it and it is as real as it gets. :thumbup:

Superbly done! The filming is great and the movement of the camera keeps me engaged throughout the picture! This is one of the most interesting Lego films I've seen! I particularly enjoy the first scene featuring the trumpet players! It's gorgeous! The lighting's great and the editing is phenomenal! Also I love the song. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Insectoid Aristocrat