Mr. Elijah Timms

Bricktober 2012

I would really like to know if that promotion of the Vintage Minifigure Collection from ToysRus will come to Portugal.

I'm just missing the Vol.4 to finish the collection.

Otherwise, I'm gonna have to bribe a US citizen :laugh:

I would really like to know if that promotion of the Vintage Minifigure Collection from ToysRus will come to Portugal.

That's pretty lucky, since that's the one of the two that's the same as the old set. :laugh:

For everyone's reference, here's the original vintage sets, not the Bricktober promotion:

852331-1.jpg?1

852535-1.jpg?1

852697-1.jpg?1

852753-1.jpg?1

852769-1.jpg?1

will they also be in Europe? No Toys 'R Us in the Netherlands, but what about Germany, will they carry it?!

At least, it's not available in Germany. But that's not a surprise; for some reason, such promotions NEVER take place in Germany *sigh*.

Even if it were available in Germany, it probably would be for kids until age 12 :sceptic:

While I'm not suggesting that these will not be given as a freebee with a qualifying purchase in the US, Vintage Set #1 is listed on the US TRU website for 25$.

Does not appear to be listed on the CA, UK, or AU TRU websites, atleast with the term 'vintage'.

LEGO Bricktober 2012 Vintage MiniFigure Collection VOL. 1

Edited by Prune Face

interesting that they are available to buy separetely...I will probably get series 3 and 4 this way...you're basically paying the same price when it's a "freebie" since TRU is so marked up.

Which of the Bricktober collections go with which weeks? Obviously the yellow one is first, since we can see it on TRU's site (and in stores, undoubtedly) right now, but the pic is too small to make out which ones say "Vol. 2," "Vol. 3" and "Vol. 4" (and of course I'm just assuming that they'll go in order anyway, though I don't see why they'd do it any other way).

Also note they're combining this promo this week with a Buy One / Get One 40% off sale, which really sweetens the deal, though the BOGO is limited to construction sets (i.e., not games) and excludes Friends, NinjaGo and Technic. This looks like quite an opportunity this week!

On the other hand: Who wants a minifig from that extremely superfluous collection? default_hmpf.gif

At least this is how they get rid of all the sets nobody wanted to waste money on.

Are you kidding? I'd love to have some of those minifigures. And what sets are they getting rid of? These collections were obviously created for Bricktober.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Which of the Bricktober collections go with which weeks? Obviously the yellow one is first, since we can see it on TRU's site (and in stores, undoubtedly) right now, but the pic is too small to make out which ones say "Vol. 2," "Vol. 3" and "Vol. 4" (and of course I'm just assuming that they'll go in order anyway, though I don't see why they'd do it any other way).

Looks like it's Yellow, Blue, Green, Black.

Here's a lager picture.

For being some of the most simplistic designs and printing compared to recent figures, it's a shame these aren't alittle cheaper. Though I guess I can attribute that to the TRU mark-up.

It would be nice if the sets were more themed. There are a few Spaceman that could just be consolidated into one box set, there's probably other things they could to make a Foresters/Castle pack, and there's more than enough City material for their own box. Plus, it would make army building easier.

As it stands, I don't think there's enough incentive here for me to go after these.

For being some of the most simplistic designs and printing compared to recent figures, it's a shame these aren't alittle cheaper. Though I guess I can attribute that to the TRU mark-up.

It would be nice if the sets were more themed. There are a few Spaceman that could just be consolidated into one box set, there's probably other things they could to make a Foresters/Castle pack, and there's more than enough City material for their own box. Plus, it would make army building easier.

As it stands, I don't think there's enough incentive here for me to go after these.

Suit yourself! Personally, I think they're quite fine for promotional freebies, and I'd like to try to get at least one of each. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of any of them, though, and I specifically hope to get that many of at least two of them.

It's true TRU has appalling markups on most of its LEGO items, but even they do have some fair prices (and even occasional deals!) here and there - enough that I don't think I'll have much trouble finding something worthwhile to buy each week. During a normal, non-promotion period there isn't as much incentive to shop for LEGO at TRU specifically (as opposed to any other LEGO vendor), but for these minifigure collections? I'll be quite disappointed with myself if I don't get them all.

As it happens I actually just went and bought several sets I'd wanted anyway, and picked up the first of these with them. I haven't opened it yet, but the figures look great. Perhaps I should do a review of this one (and/or the original Vol. 1, that had the same figures as this save for having the old Studios "mad scientist" actor instead of the Studios actress found in the original Vol. 5).

That said, I do agree about the Spacemen; I'd have dearly loved a set that was simply five classic Spacefolk, one apiece in white, red, blue, yellow and black. I'm disappointed the yellow one (previously represented in the original, non-Bricktober Vol. 4) isn't featured again in any of these; it'll be the only one one can't get again here. Perhaps TLG (and/or TRU) doesn't really like to revisit the yellow one so much, since it facilitates making other minifigures nude below the waist. Ah, well. I'm still happy to have one more shot at getting blue and black spacemen (and the other figures with them, of course)...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I'd like to try to get at least one of each. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of any of them, though, and I specifically hope to get that many of at least two of them.

The official annoncement says that "a qualifying purchase is required and this product is not available for individual purchase" and "the limit will be one pack per person per week" and that quantities will be very limited, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for getting more than one of each set or being able to purchase them separately, although you might be lucky if the clerk in your local store is nice enough to let you buy one. There is no way to buy them online and the $25 price is merely what they estimate the value of one of these sets to be. Who would buy five minifigs at such a price anyway? IMO the original price of $18 was already too much.

As for the TRU markups, yes, they are horrid. Even with the BOGO 40% off promotion, most purchases are still above MSRP, or barely below it in the best case. :thumbdown:

My wife went over to my local Toys R Us in Northern Illinois to get this set. They only had 4 left and the cashier said they only received 2 cases of sets. The printing on them looks to be as good as any modern minifig and they have nice clean lines and colors are opaque. You have to have a total purchase of 60 US dollars

Bill

Edited by Bamos

The official annoncement says that "a qualifying purchase is required and this product is not available for individual purchase" and "the limit will be one pack per person per week" and that quantities will be very limited, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for getting more than one of each set or being able to purchase them separately, although you might be lucky if the clerk in your local store is nice enough to let you buy one. There is no way to buy them online and the $25 price is merely what they estimate the value of one of these sets to be. Who would buy five minifigs at such a price anyway? IMO the original price of $18 was already too much.

Of course; I wasn't talking about buying them on their own. I was talking about just buying $60 or more worth of stuff each week; it's not as though there isn't far more than $240 worth of LEGO I want that's lining the shelves at TRU. The only issue for me is affording it, but I think I can spend at least $60 or $70 per week, and perhaps $120 or so one or two weeks. But I, too, would certainly hesitate at spending $25 for a pack of five minifigures that lacked even accessories.

I had missed the "one pack per person per week" stipulation, though; that would indeed put a crimp in my plans (but then, it's a bit of a challenge for me to scrounge up $120 for LEGO purchases even one week when I'd also be spending at least $60 per week for each of the other weeks in the four-week period). However, frankly I'm not sure how diligently TRU will enforce that rule, so if it turns out by some miracle I can afford it, I might try to get multiples of one or more of these, if my local store will allow it.

As for the TRU markups, yes, they are horrid. Even with the BOGO 40% off promotion, most purchases are still above MSRP, or barely below it in the best case. :thumbdown:

True, but I did at least manage to save a few bucks today on some sets I wanted anyway. It helps in my case that I'm interested in practically all LEGO lines anyway, so I can always look for that handful of "properly"-priced sets they have, regardless of theme. With the BOGO, it's certainly not too hard to make a total purchase that at least isn't above MSRP for the whole purchase even if it doesn't actually save much money, and then also get the minifigure collection for free, so it's not too bad.

Looks like it's Yellow, Blue, Green, Black.

Here's a lager picture.

I forgot to thank you for the link earlier. Thanks!

Well, TRU has a BOGO 40% off and I can always army-build the LOTR Uruk-Hai set at $35 each. Meaning, even if I got two (ot on sale) for $70, I'd only really be paying $10 for the minifigure set.

Not a bad way to go, but with all the other Hobbit stuff that's coming out this month, I might be tapped out.

Obviously this promotion is not for Portugal. :angry:

If anyone would be interested in selling the Vol.4 of this collection, I would appreciate. :thumbup:

Got them all!

8058228749_8a280dbbf0_z.jpg

8058224191_6409f0a285_z.jpg

8058218926_5ba940ec51_z.jpg

8058216387_581b011365_z.jpg

8058214353_15d229ceaa_z.jpg

Just lucky to get the vol2 thru vol4 due to great customer service from a TRU staff.

AC

Curious to see what sort of information EB users have gathered about Toys R Us's annual BRICKTOBER promotions for 2012.

So far all I've heard was these tidbits (I am assuming these are USA events):

There will be a Dracula, Duplo pumpkin, or Friends free kids build in the second weekend of October.

On the weekend of Oct 13-14 there will be a MINIFIG EXCHANGE event. Supposedly you can bring in old minifigs and they will give you new ones. No details on the figs, rules or fine print, but it sounds very odd that there is no purchase required.

Details in this image here:

7967593784_a0ac4799e4_z.jpg

I just called my own local TRU, just now - while the trading event should be going on - and they don't know anything about it. Has the date been changed, or something?

That promotion only applies to the Canadian TRU stores, I believe. See that little word under the TRU logo in the bottom left corner? :wink:

In the US, the TRU online store is having a "HUGE SALE" on many of their Lego sets, which merely means that they have lowered their prices down to MSRP. :hmpf:

TRU currently has an in store coupon that is giving up to 20% off of total purchases. 10% off of 49.99 or less, 15% off of 50.00 to 99.99 and 20% for 100.00 or more. I used it when buying Lego for the minifigure promo.