Clone OPatra

Lonesome Miner's Outpost

7978390161_6c20fba219_z.jpg

Charlie was always a loner. His great love was his room, his computer, his music, his privacy. When Big Big Mining Corp. started recruiting for their interstellar operations, Charlie's mother encouraged him to apply. He didn't realize he'd be the only one on the whole rock…

But Charlie got used to it. What did he need other people for, anyway?

7978391827_e37ef44435_z.jpg

The top slab with the shack rotates 360 degrees - in most of these pictures the bottom faces the same direction, while the top does not.

7978391230_581c437d97_z.jpg

The roof has no connection points; rather, it slots onto the inner walls of the shack and stays just fine (as long as I don't flip it upside down).

7978393798_4651f9622e_z.jpg

Let's follow Charlie on an impromptu tour of his dwelling:

7978391408_437b976330_z.jpg

Charlie whips up a nice meal on the stove.

7978390799_cea4ef636d_z.jpg

Full, he starts getting drowsy at the table.

7978393610_4d6d44ac45_z.jpg

Guess it's time for bed!

7978393366_2eec867e0a_z.jpg

For more pictures, including interior shots without the minifigure, check the Flickr set! I'd greatly appreciate your comments and criticism.

Nice. I love the design of the shack. It looks like a structure some big faceless corporation would dump on a rock in the middle of nowhere. I really like the computer design, too. Is he controlling mining robots with it or is it a game?

I really like the presentation.

The different light sources between the outside and inside are starling. The outside light really does evoke that sort of loneliness, but inside, while cramp is nice and warm and fuzzy - like a teddy bear :laugh:

I also like the little rotating base - though I would add a few bricks on top to make it less flat.

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like a lot the Outspost and the story is no less :classic: :classic:

A unique concept with a very nice presentation, a little piece of an unfamiliar world. :thumbup:

How old is Charlie that he still sleeps with a teddy bear? :tongue:

Your point? :tongue:

I love it! Great idea! The atmosphere is cosy and mysterious. Nice that you have a little story to the moc. I like the face of Charlie, it adds to his personality.