Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

I too find Calvary builder set very improbable, considering Lego's strict stance on religious subjects and all. :laugh:

Stupid phone auto correct! Oh well, you still got the idea.

Here.

Update: I've added the images to the database and also added names of the Lone Ranger sets, that have been provided by a source that wants to remain anonymous. See everything we know about 2013 on the new 2013 year browsing page.

An anonymous source of Huw.

Naturally, I am probably going to buy the hell out of this theme, as it is a return to Western. The Cavalry set is going to be the biggest buy for me.

Here.

Thank you, it looks very interesting. That list should be added to the first post. :wink:

Stupid phone auto correct! Oh well, you still got the idea.

Don't worry it got me too. :laugh:

I'm happy mainly because I'm a big fan of the Old West. But also because I'm a fan of Rossini :rofl: :

Out of joke, I'd buy, if it's possible two sets: one to collect, the second for the pieces for western MOCs.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Thank you very much for this information! :classic:

I don't know what the movie is about (but I have seen the trailer) - nevertheless I could imagine the sets to look like following:

79106 Cavalry Builder Set

a horse and a soldier with weaponry

79107 Comanche Camp

a tipi, a fireplace, perhaps a small waterfall, a horse and three Comanches

79108 Stagecoach Escape

stagecoach, two horses, coachman, passenger, two robbers and some suitcases

79109 Colby City Showdown

one til two houses (hopefully not only fronts and not only one floor big), a horse, two bad and two good guys

79110 Silver Mine Shootout

a silver mine looking similar to the classic "Robber's Hideout" set from 1996, a horse, two good and two bad guys

79111 Constitution Train Chase

train consisting of steam engine and hopefully two passenger waggons, train driver, two passengers and two robbers

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I know nothing about the Lone Ranger but I suspect it will be a theme where the main character is in every set, like Indiana Jones or Prince Persia.

I'm suspecting an over abundance of Johnny Depp... :rofl:

(I have to say that I feel he's being over-used in all these Disney Films. I only hope it doesn't come back to bit him in the a**). :sceptic: I think there is such a thing as too much exposure.

What can we expect from this main character? I wouldn't mind him being in every set if he had a generic/uniform torso, head and hair. Captain Jack just wasn't very re-usable as he was very unique, Indy was alright but a lot of my fleshies have lightly stubble faces :P

I'm hoping the Cavalry Builder has at least 2 or 3 figures, rather than just one. If it is anything like Gandalf Arrives, it might have 3 figures and a horse?

I'm hoping the Cavalry Builder has at least 2 or 3 figures, rather than just one. If it is anything like Gandalf Arrives, it might have 3 figures and a horse?

Gandalf Arrives has two figures... :tongue:

Judging by the last two $12'ish Disney movie sets, I think it will have three figures (unless you counted the skeleton in the PoP set as a figure).

Gandalf Arrives has two figures... :tongue:

Judging by the last two $12'ish Disney movie sets, I think it will have three figures (unless you counted the skeleton in the PoP set as a figure).

Oh, I know it does. I was hoping that the cart would be considered the equivalent of a figure. Also, thank you for reminding me about the PoP set, I had completely forgotten about it.

I can imagine the head being used for bank robbers, The Green Hornet, or just a guy at a costume party. There is plenty of reuseability.

You just have to use your imagination!

I'm suspecting an over abundance of Johnny Depp... :rofl:

(I have to say that I feel he's being over-used in all these Disney Films. I only hope it doesn't come back to bit him in the a**). :sceptic: I think there is such a thing as too much exposure.

the Lone Ranger is played by Armie Hammer so i'd have thought that he would be in all the sets as he is the main character. Depp is playing his sidekick so I would think he wouldn't be in all sets, as Lego's strategy with characters is to put the main character in every set. They then spread the secondary characters around so you have to buy all sets to get all of them.

There is a fair bet that depp's character will be in over 2 sets though. :laugh: The trailer should give you some idea what the sets are based on.

Edited by legofreak86

As I honestly cannot wait to get my greedy fingers on new WW fleshies and sets, I checked imdb when to expect some first images and there you go - it's delayed to July / August release - what means no release in first half 2013 plus no images to be expected before February probably (it was December for PoP presentation which came out in May).

Sigh....

the Lone Ranger is played by Armie Hammer so i'd have thought that he would be in all the sets as he is the main character ...

Last time I read the news about this movie, I understood that they are revamping the whole story a bit and should be more focused on the side-kick, which means Johnny will have the main role. Anyway I really hope they don't exaggerate with either main character and beside the more important characters also include some generic soldiers and cowboys. I really like what they did with LOTR/Hobbit compared to POTC regarding the character selection! But still, there could be some more "civilians" :D

Last time I read the news about this movie, I understood that they are revamping the whole story a bit and should be more focused on the side-kick, which means Johnny will have the main role.

I hope they do NOT ever make a Batman movie focused on Robin. Oh, the horror. :sick:

:grin:

Edited by commodore_legolas

People keeping bumping this thread giving me an expectation seeing pictures of the sets and each time i leave disappointed.

Last time I read the news about this movie, I understood that they are revamping the whole story a bit and should be more focused on the side-kick, which means Johnny will have the main role. Anyway I really hope they don't exaggerate with either main character and beside the more important characters also include some generic soldiers and cowboys. I really like what they did with LOTR/Hobbit compared to POTC regarding the character selection! But still, there could be some more "civilians" :D

Tonto is the narrator, and the film recounts the story of the Lone Ranger from his perspective but he's far from the central character. But Depp is sure to steal every scene.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

I watched the trailers and can't wait to see it! Im very interested to see Depps' lego headpiece and face. Citizen brick make a similar face! I'm working on lots of Lone Ranger MoC;s through different era's. New fleshie cowboys are going to be great!!! I 'd really like to see some set pictures!

Johnny is named first in the trailer. So I think he is more than a sidekick in this movie.

They seem like they might be "equals" to me. Maybe more Jack Sparrow and William Turner than Han Solo and Chewbacca..?

Still its too early for me to know, especially considering the film isn't even out. :laugh:

When the previous Wild West line was out, I was about 5 or 6 and my mom didn't let us get any toys based around gunplay, so it was all medieval dismemberment for youthful me :) But now I'm 20 and dig the Wild West aesthetic, so any good army builders or cool sets here will be definite buys.