Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

I also didn't know what the Lone Ranger was, only heard the name once, but that's all. :tongue:

So it's a western and a license theme, so more fleshies! :sweet: (I almost only have fleshies, always collected Star Wars and now LOTR/Hobbit and maybe this theme if it's a nice one).

If you change all the fleshies, do you use the simple face heads alot (whith just the eyes and the smile) or do you also have alot of doubles?

Personally I use only yellow faces and no, not just the ones with eyes and a smile (smily faces I call them); in fact I only have one or two of those - I've trade the rest away since I think they make whoever you put them on look like a little kid. :grin:

Back on the Lone Ranger subject, I wonder just how many indians this might have. Of course there will be his side-kick, Tonto, but I'm hoping there will be a set will maybe an indian camp or something. :drool:

79106 The Lone Ranger

79107 The Lone Ranger

79108 The Lone Ranger

79109 The Lone Ranger

79110 The Lone Ranger

79111 The Lone Ranger

What's this supposed to be?

It's the set number allocations. From that we can tell that there are 6 standard retail sets. Beyond that, not much other than the theme is a definite.

6 sets matches the series of sets produced for Prince Of Persia, so expect a set at £10, £15, £30, £40 and £60, or the $ equivalents.

And we wont find out what the six sets are for a while, all we know is the two main characters....no idea of story/plot so actual set ideas....could be anything Western....fingers crossed for either stage coach or steam train...or both. :sweet: I'm afraid we will only be guessing until Disney allow Lego to publish set details. :sadnew:

And we wont find out what the six sets are for a while, all we know is the two main characters....no idea of story/plot so actual set ideas....could be anything Western....fingers crossed for either stage coach or steam train...or both. :sweet: I'm afraid we will only be guessing until Disney allow Lego to publish set details. :sadnew:

Sound lagit

In my oponion, I think it would be pretty cool if they did the original show sets.(Won't happen)Anyways, I'm truly ecxited for this theme... just not the licensed price. :thumbdown:

I hope this doesn't jeopardise Marshal Banana's Modular Western Cuusoo project.

Me too! I think though it would make sense to keep both as they compliment each other. After all, they could up production numbers of cowboy hats and guns and horses and be able to service both and I think if you like either you a likely to buy both. I mean, what kid getting a couple of Lone Ranger sets would not want a cool saloon/hotel/sherriff's office to go along with it?

Me too! I think though it would make sense to keep both as they compliment each other. After all, they could up production numbers of cowboy hats and guns and horses and be able to service both and I think if you like  either you a likely to buy both. I mean, what kid getting a couple of Lone Ranger sets would not want a cool saloon/hotel/sherriff's office to go along with it?

Exactly! And the kids won't care about the difference between the licensed skin tone (flesh :wub:) and the non-licensed skin tone (yellow). To them, a bunch of cowboys is a bunch of cowboys! :sweet:

79106 The Lone Ranger

79107 The Lone Ranger

79108 The Lone Ranger

79109 The Lone Ranger

79110 The Lone Ranger

79111 The Lone Ranger

Glad to see it's confirmed! :thumbup:

Six sets for one movie sounds a bit crazy though. Not even The Avengers got that many sets. A bit risky too doing that many sets since the movie might end up being a dud a la Prince of Persia.

I just happened to find this

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/anyone-for-lego-lone-ranger/

Well, if nothing else this will be a great supply of parts for our western builders. I'm hoping for some parts for rustic castle stuff.

I also think this is much more likelly than the TMNT rumors. After all there has already been a western theme, so ther are already specialized parts like cowboy hats and CMF gave us a new cowgirl hat and lasso (or was that wonderwoman) also since Johnny Dep Played both Captain Jack Sparrow and has a role in The Lone Ranger, they allready have a head print for him. I guess he joins the Harrison Ford Exclusive club!

I have always wanted a new Western theme but licensed :hmpf_bad:.

Hopefully the Western Modular Buildings on Cuusoo still gets made(hopefully with yellow not flesh).

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the sets look like.

~The_Creator

Edited by The_Creator

Thanks for confirming the set numbers nrg. Not much is known about the film plot so they could be anything.

I would love to see a steam train and stagecoach, either way I am sure we will get loads of new useful parts like POTC and LOTR gave us. :thumbup:

Six sets for one movie sounds a bit crazy though. Not even The Avengers got that many sets. A bit risky too doing that many sets since the movie might end up being a dud a la Prince of Persia.

But the Prince of Persia sets were pretty successful. Dud or no, I think this movie's theme has a lot of potential Lego-wise.

Odd that Depp will be playing a strange, make-up covered, dread-locked character again. :tongue:

Well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose, but I would much rather have a non-licensed Western theme. My two biggest complaints about licensed themes are the price and flesh minifigs. I would prefer yellow figs and a lower price, as there are already too many themes competing for my limited money.

Well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose, but I would much rather have a non-licensed Western theme. My two biggest complaints about licensed themes are the price and flesh minifigs. I would prefer yellow figs and a lower price, as there are already too many themes competing for my limited money.

:laugh: Yeah, non-licensed is always preferable, but licensed themes do have more of a tendency to go on sale. So as long as I can hold out a while, it might not be so bad. . .

But the Prince of Persia sets were pretty successful. Dud or no, I think this movie's theme has a lot of potential Lego-wise.

Odd that Depp will be playing a strange, make-up covered, dread-locked character again. :tongue:

Really? They sat on shelves unsold (even at 50% off) at a local toy shop for months and months where I live.

Looking back over Lego's deal with Disney, PoP was a fair seller, POTC only really did sell out of the QAR's....even the BP's can still be found on shelves as well as the other sets on clearance but still sold better than PoP thanks to the QAR. The Avengers on the other hand has been the real shining light selling as well as the DC Super Heroes.

What will the Lone Ranger be like in sales.....just like LOTR....adults buying it, how many of us want the Cuusoo Wild West Modulars eh ? :grin:

Sadly we'll have a long wait to see what those sets will look like to see really is worth our cash. :sadnew:

I am sure we will get loads of new useful parts like POTC and LOTR gave us. :thumbup:

and that's exactly what I hate about these lisenced themes. I mean, yes, the last castle wave was nice, but not superior. So it seems that all the innovation for new parts went into LOTR. Why does LEGO give them so much more effort than their regular lines? I'm sure an non lisenced Pirate/Castle/Western line would be doing just as well with the same amount of new looks and pieces as in the lisenced lines. However, I guess there is more money to be made with all this cheesy Disney stuff ... And what's even worse, I the toy store of my confidence they now sell mostly friends and lisenced themes with the regular lines hidden in some dark corner. Sad thing, I'm really dissapointed.

Licensed and Friends seem to be where the money is at these days. But with extra money from them hopefully comes new evergreen themes. And yes, lots of new pieces that can be used elsewhere.

I definitely miss the Western theme, but it will be neat seeing some new figures/buildings/stagecoaches, etc. with this theme. I know it is licensed, but I'm still excited at the preliminary thought. Now if the sets are no good, then that is another story. I asked for the whole line of POTC for Christmas last year and I'm mostly happy with how they turned out. But I was a bigger fan of the early POTC movies. With The Lone Ranger, I have very little idea of how that will be, so I can't say for sure how much I'll actually want of this line. But if there are some good pieces on a good sale, I will for sure pick them up.

79106 The Lone Ranger

79107 The Lone Ranger

79108 The Lone Ranger

79109 The Lone Ranger

79110 The Lone Ranger

79111 The Lone Ranger

Wow! What original preliminary names! Thanks nrg for the list, but these don't really tell us much about the sets. :sad: Can't wait for the prelims! :cry_happy: