Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Does page 2 of this topic give anyone else virus/melware alerts?

post 26-50

Edited by deskp

Yeah they did... over a year ago when that article was published!!!!!!!!!

They have since rewritten it, reduced the budget and filmed it.

wow I didnt noticed the date,at least I know now I dont have to worry any more,thanks for tip any way.

Does page 2 of this topic give anyone else virus/melware alerts?

post 26-50

yeah I got the same alert on page 3 ,someone must look about that subject,maybe it's a bug I dunno.

Edited by LOTR343

yeah I got the same alert on page 3 ,someone must look about that subject,maybe it's a bug I dunno.

Same. Maybe it's someone's profile? I've gotten it in a couple different topics, but it's been a while.

Why is he called the Lone Ranger, when he always had Tonto with him?

Oh the sad state of education in [insert country here]! Don't they teach anything about mid-20th Century American pop culture? :wink:

He was the "Lone Ranger" because he was the lone survivor of a party of Texas Rangers massacred by the bad guys. He buried all the dead and created a false grave to hide his real identity, becoming the anonymous hero.

BTW according to what I have read about the movie this is a reimagining of the story with Tonto as the one who has the brains (a la Without a Clue.

Edited by tedbeard

Oh the sad state of education in [insert country here]! Don't they teach anything about mid-20th Century American pop culture? :wink:

He was the "Lone Ranger" because he was the lone survivor of a party of Texas Rangers massacred by the bad guys. He buried all the dead and created a false grave to hide his real identity, becoming the anonymous hero.

BTW according to what I have read about the movie this is a reimagining of the story with Tonto as the one who has the brains (a la Without a Clue.

When I think Lone Ranger, I always think of this cartoon...

the-lone-ranger-the-far-side-comic.jpg

I really hope the film doesn't make him out to be some doofus with Tonto always coming to the rescue...

Didn't he reveal his identity (name, at least) after/during the funeral?

Anyway, this sounds great. At least one 2013 theme I'll almost certainly be interested in. (Who else is hopeing for one of the new horse molds in white?)

May I ask why everyone is completely beliving one person saying that thi theme'll come out? I don't see a gram of proof anywhere... :sceptic:

Still, it's a nice idea for a theme, and I'd surely buy a set or two if it's real.

Edited by Flobnomdob

May I ask why everyone is completely beliving one person saying that thi theme'll come out? I don't see a gram of proof anywhere... :sceptic:

Still, it's a nice idea for a theme, and I'd surely buy a set or two if it's real.

High post count, and a reliable reputation I guess, that user has revealed things for other themes aswell.

only time will truly tell tho ;O

High post count, and a reliable reputation I guess, that user has revealed things for other themes aswell.

only time will truly tell tho ;O

Cmon guys talk like this we all hope that the rumors will come true after all as I heard the prelimany(if I spelled it right)pics from the sets have been seen on the retail catalog.

I heard the prelimany(if I spelled it right)pics from the sets have been seen on the retail catalog.

At least according to Klaus-Dieter, the source of this rumour, "there were only empty boxes painted in the retailer's catalogue". So no preliminary pictures anywhere yet.

At least according to Klaus-Dieter, the source of this rumour, "there were only empty boxes painted in the retailer's catalogue". So no preliminary pictures anywhere yet.

Yea I was talking about the empty boxes,atleast that give us few ideas what the theme is indeed true.

If it were only for the fleshy heads I'd say, alright the heck with it, might buy it anyway. But licensed always means one third higher prices. And somehow TLG has a tendency to turn all my favourite topics (e.g. castle and pirates) into licensed ones. In other words, I'd really be angry if they did this to Western as well. And another thing that bugs me extremely is, that all the innovation goes into the licensed topics, e.g. the new horse, the bottles ... I'm very tired of this and I've simply started to refuse paying full price for new sets, which I hadn't done before. I now only buy during sales and I usually put the fleshy heads into a bin where they may never be seen again. Anyone wanne be given some 50 or so fleshy heads, hands and torsos by me?

If it were only for the fleshy heads I'd say, alright the heck with it, might buy it anyway. But licensed always means one third higher prices. And somehow TLG has a tendency to turn all my favourite topics (e.g. castle and pirates) into licensed ones. In other words, I'd really be angry if they did this to Western as well. And another thing that bugs me extremely is, that all the innovation goes into the licensed topics, e.g. the new horse, the bottles ... I'm very tired of this and I've simply started to refuse paying full price for new sets, which I hadn't done before. I now only buy during sales and I usually put the fleshy heads into a bin where they may never be seen again. Anyone wanne be given some 50 or so fleshy heads, hands and torsos by me?

LOL, I'll take them off of you! :tongue:

@kabel: I'm pretty much the opposite of you! I love fleshies...as for yellows, not so much. :laugh:

Anyone wanne be given some 50 or so fleshy heads, hands and torsos by me?

Um, yeah!

Even though I didn't expect this, I'm rather pleased, considering that I was a fan of the original Lone Ranger radio series when I was a kid (one of the local NPR stations had a Sunday evening show called "Recollections" that played all the old 1930's and 1940's radio serials like The Lone Ranger, Sgt. Preston, Jack Benney Show and such). Furthermore, if this series has some US Cavalry troops, even if they are fleshy, I'd be overjoyed, since I can use them for my LEGO setting (along with the small amount of original Wild West LEGO cavalry figs)...

@kabel: I'm pretty much the opposite of you! I love fleshies...as for yellows, not so much. :laugh:

Um, yeah!

Sign me up too! I don't mind mixing fleshies and traditional yellow minifigs... I'd even be willing to split them with Purple Paradox and Teardrop Trashcan. :wink:

the one with the smallest porto shall have my fleshies, maybe in exchange for the one or the other curios brick I'm missing

Yeah, I don't really like flesh that much either - there isn't enough variety to compete with yellow (at least for me), plus you can't really dress flesh minifigs in bright clothes. Licensed themes do tend to be expensive, but I really don't think they're that bad. But if these go on sale I'd be very happy! :laugh:

Even though I didn't expect this, I'm rather pleased, considering that I was a fan of the original Lone Ranger radio series when I was a kid (one of the local NPR stations had a Sunday evening show called "Recollections" that played all the old 1930's and 1940's radio serials like The Lone Ranger, Sgt. Preston, Jack Benney Show and such). Furthermore, if this series has some US Cavalry troops, even if they are fleshy, I'd be overjoyed, since I can use them for my LEGO setting (along with the small amount of original Wild West LEGO cavalry figs)...

Sign me up too! I don't mind mixing fleshies and traditional yellow minifigs... I'd even be willing to split them with Purple Paradox and Teardrop Trashcan. :wink:

With 50 heads there is enough to share! lol I don't think he was joking!

The only thing I know about the Lone Ranger is that the name of his nephew's horse is Victor.

I also didn't know what the Lone Ranger was, only heard the name once, but that's all. :tongue:

So it's a western and a license theme, so more fleshies! :sweet: (I almost only have fleshies, always collected Star Wars and now LOTR/Hobbit and maybe this theme if it's a nice one).

If you change all the fleshies, do you use the simple face heads alot (whith just the eyes and the smile) or do you also have alot of doubles?

I am excited for this theme. I've been wanting a resurgence of the Western theme, even if it is licensed. The only downside to licensed to me is the price (that's why I look for sales).

I can't wait to see official pictures. All of the new pieces introduced will be really neat.

no joking on my side. I really want to get rid of them! Let me count them, and then I'll tell you how many I've got maybe 50 is a little exagerated, it's a bunch non the less, I just don't want to ship them on my own expense, that's all, so first to pm me and suggest a deal that doesn't cost me a thing gets all my fleshy heads, hands and unchangeable torsos

edit: 19 heads, 38 hands, 4 torsos, two arms from Indiana Jones, LOTR, PotC, PoP

PS: I'm sorry for spoiling this thread, so nor more about this here!

Edited by kabel