Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Yeah film flopped in Poland and the sets seem to be overpriced. (they are clearly not, one of the best prices forlicenced Lego here!)

Kids are simply not interested in Wild wst characters:(

Kids are simply not interested in Wild wst characters:(

Well, Lone Ranger is a quite specific take on the wild west theme, and it never was that big over here (not in the past and apparently also not with this movie). But maybe you are right and wild west in general is a thing that just isn't that "hot" anymore with kids. Must take a look at the Playmobil sets next time I visit a toy store, just for comparison.

I actually am not a fan of the Lone Ranger Movie, but I did get the Stagecoach because it looks amazing as display and has some realistic features (suspension in wheels), although some criticism was made regarding its proportions, which is not really unusual since Lego has never been great with that. It's actually one of the best deals, compared to the other Lone Ranger sets.

These sets are still on the shelves over here. Lots of them, actually. I don't think they've sold that well over here, the shelves always looked pretty "full" with them, meaning it looked as though none or at maximum 1 or 2 sets were sold. To be honest, they are pretty expensive for what you get and the movie didn't do very well either over here (The Lone Ranger never has been "big" over here), so I'm actually not that surprised that shops still have quite large quantities of these sets left.

When I was in an Intertoys in Amsterdam two weeks ago hey had some of these sets on sale with quite big discounts, up to 50%! I was tempted to buy the Stagecoach, but didn't buy it as even with such a large discount I still thought it to be a bit too expensive for what you get.

Bought the Colby City Showdown, my son and I open it today, the pieces are in a zip lock bag, no minifigs and no brick and mortar bricks. :(

Edited by Super Goblin