Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Well, only two Lone Ranger sets have the horse, which seems low given that the horse plays a prominent part in the film. I agree that not every set needs Silver, but perhaps one more would have been nice. Plus, are repeat horses ever a problem? When it comes to horses, my attitude tends to be - :moar:

Well, only two Lone Ranger sets have the horse, which seems low given that the horse plays a prominent part in the film. I agree that not every set needs Silver, but perhaps one more would have been nice. Plus, are repeat horses ever a problem? When it comes to horses, my attitude tends to be - :moar:

I agree the horse needed to be in the Colby city one in my opinion as it is seen there in the film. I'll probably end up picking up the smallest one and the train one anyway but it would have been nice if it had been in one other set.

Was the Sategcoach ever featured in the movie? I saw it in the museum at the start but I can't remember seeing it anywhere else.

Was the Sategcoach ever featured in the movie? I saw it in the museum at the start but I can't remember seeing it anywhere else.

As many posters have pointed out in this thread, it was only seen in passing. It's clear it was made into a set for variety --- turns out that it may be the best value set of 2013.

I'm turning all of my spare Lone Rangers into extra Rangers to get killed. I don't care if they're super-inaccurate, I just need to find a use for them. I'm not sure what to do with my Tonto's, as, useful the torso may be, the face (And hairstyle, to be frank -No, not that Frank :tongue:) only suits one character. All the other Comanche seen in the film has Red Knee's dark red face-paint. It's rather annoying, the lack of dark flesh faces Lego has made. :hmpf_bad:

I am considering getting another Comanche Camp.

Has the lone ranger sets been selling well or is it on par with the prince of persiq line? I woukd of thought they might do another wave considering its the first western theme we have gotten in a long time.

Has the lone ranger sets been selling well or is it on par with the prince of persiq line? I woukd of thought they might do another wave considering its the first western theme we have gotten in a long time.

Actually it's a bit like TS3 and with that theme the best seller was the train.....of course the best seller with Lone Ranger is of course the train.

Actually it's a bit like TS3 and with that theme the best seller was the train.....of course the best seller with Lone Ranger is of course the train.

Is that assertion based on data? My local Lego store says the stagecoach is the best seller by a long shot.

Edited by LayinBricks

I don't think so, the only chance of getting western sets is a revisit to the classic sets or The Lego Movie also may feature some Cowboy & Indian sets.

I haven't bought any of these sets yet. What are the chances that they'll go on sale during/after the upcoming holiday season? And will they be around after that?

I think you can compare it with the Toy Story license. They won't get much cheaper than the Amazon prices (although in my country). The few Toy Story sets left still are cheaper than the initial retail price but not by a whole lot.

I so had to get the Constitution Train Chase I can say this is good but it could need some more detail like I'm gonna add in three more connector pegs and two 9M beams so it can look like it's driving the three wheels and the counter weights in sync.

You are so right, I bought several Calvary builders and I just thought all of those horses came from other sets. I wish they had put a more generic horse in the Cavalry builder.

If Lego Movie has western sets those are a day one buy for me.

Is that assertion based on data? My local Lego store says the stagecoach is the best seller by a long shot.

Ah, based on what disappeared from store shelves during the mid-year toy sales in Oz. :wink:

Ah, based on what disappeared from store shelves during the mid-year toy sales in Oz. :wink:

I'm not sure that Oz is ever really the best test example to study for potential sales data. Between the somewhat random nature of the Oz pricing, and the occasionally flaky availability of what seems to show up locally, the patterns that an observer might notice are probably more than a bit skewed.

I'm not sure that Oz is ever really the best test example to study for potential sales data. Between the somewhat random nature of the Oz pricing, and the occasionally flaky availability of what seems to show up locally, the patterns that an observer might notice are probably more than a bit skewed.

Well, any of the Disney themes that had either a pirate ship or steam train sold well while the other sets in their particular film theme did so-so.....that data came from a retailer.

Finally picked up the train last weekend using a 10% off coupon at the LEGO store. I really enjoyed the build, and there is a nice selection of parts. Note to LEGO - the reason I didn't hesitate to buy this set but that I passed on the Monster Fighters Ghost Train is the track. Being new to LEGO railroading, extra track is always nice.

The engine and tender are definitely the highlight of the set, the box car and flatbed are okay, but probably destined to be scrapped for parts. Now I need to motorize it, good thing there are lots of ideas on how to do that readily available.

The next favorite part of the set for me was the Cavalry officer... needed one to go with the numerous troopers I've picked up.

the Only Sets that has Silver are the following Sets

791016 - Cavalry Builder

79111 - Constitution Train Chase

So yeah I needed the Cavarly incase for my Brick Flim of the Lone Ranger once I begin to work on it soon.

I emailed TLG to double-check that they just weren't sold out of them over the holiday and after only 8 months they're already discontinued?! How on earth am I supposed to be able to get sets I want when TLG discontinues stuff so fast... :wacko: So now it seems I don't have much chance of getting any sets due to not a single TLR set left up here in stores. Although I did find a Pumpcar polybag at Walmart earlier this month.

Here's the email, interesting they mentioned Bricklink and Brickset, never had them mention any other sites before when I emailed them about discontinued products.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m sorry but we aren’t making the Lone Ranger Sets any more. Our Product Developers in Denmark invent new LEGO® toys every year. They spend their time trying to find new and fun toys that are better every time. The shelves in toy shops aren’t big enough to hold everything so sometimes we have to stop making a few of the older sets.

I hope one of our many new LEGO toys will inspire you. To take a look through the hundreds of toys we offer, go to shop.LEGO.com and see what catches your eye.

Other fans have told us about some websites where you might also be able to find older models:

www.brickset.com

www.bricklink.com

www.amazon.com

Keep in mind that these are not our websites so the LEGO Group isn’t responsible for their content, and the items they’re selling could be new or used.

We appreciate your comments, so I'll be passing your interest in [DISCONTINUED PRODUCT] on to the design team. You never know, some of the old treasures might make a comeback!

Thanks again for getting in touch. We're always pleased to receive feedback! If you could take a moment to complete a four question survey by going to the link below, it will help us make sure we are providing the best customer service to you.

Edited by The_Creator

Try looking at Toys R Us...I still see lots of Lone Ranger sets there, because their prices are much higher than what Lego sells them for. Amazon is also good and sometimes they sell the same price as Lego or slightly cheaper. Because there seems to be a A LOT of new sets coming out early 2014, they do need to make room for them, and considering that Lone Ranger movie did horribly in the box office this past summer, you don't hear about the movie or the toys anymore, so it's understandable why its discontinued.

Edited by legolas82

These sets are still on the shelves over here. Lots of them, actually. I don't think they've sold that well over here, the shelves always looked pretty "full" with them, meaning it looked as though none or at maximum 1 or 2 sets were sold. To be honest, they are pretty expensive for what you get and the movie didn't do very well either over here (The Lone Ranger never has been "big" over here), so I'm actually not that surprised that shops still have quite large quantities of these sets left.

When I was in an Intertoys in Amsterdam two weeks ago hey had some of these sets on sale with quite big discounts, up to 50%! I was tempted to buy the Stagecoach, but didn't buy it as even with such a large discount I still thought it to be a bit too expensive for what you get.