Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

I too got the whole line but only had time to build the stagecoach. I was surprised that one bandanna was missing according to boxart image. My set did not include any extra bandana nor extra brown hat :angry: Guess some of you were lucky :tongue:

Already available in Slovenia ? Where ? I'm in Ljubljana, searched most toy stores that sell LEGO and couldnt find any Ranger sets :(

No, I haven't seen them anywhere on the shelves yet. I got them from abroad - I just couldn't wait any longer :wink: Western + licensed fleshy figs = pure win for my taste ...

Someone with the stagecoach... How many unique pieces are there? I'm thinking of grabbing the set and then building a few of them in more neutral colors, so I'm curious what I'm looking at as far and new pieces.

Someone with the stagecoach... How many unique pieces are there? I'm thinking of grabbing the set and then building a few of them in more neutral colors, so I'm curious what I'm looking at as far and new pieces.

I highlighted the following new parts in the Stagecoach set in my review:

2 x 11455.jpgBlack Technic, Pin Connector Perpendicular 2 x 4 Bent

2 x 11458.jpg Dark Bluish Gray Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Pin Hole

Note that these aren't unique/exclusive to this set, but these parts are new pieces for 2013 so you have to take this to account if you're planning to build more stagecoaches. The rest of the parts should be readily available in other colors. :wink:

TheBrickDaddy - that's odd since the Mine is the one set I didn't pick up. It didn't look that good on the outside, and you only get 2 new figures (the rest are dirty versions of figures). As far as parts pack, I would agree. It probably does have some great pieces in it, but at the same time I don't want to spend $70 for those pieces. As much as I want the other Native and the skull, I don't want to spend $70 on them.

But I'm glad you like it so much. Maybe if I ever see it on a good sale, I may pick it up.

I have ordered the Calvary Builder, Stagecoach, and Constitution and plan on picking up Comanche Camp and Silver Mine soon. Very excited for them. However I can't bring myself to like Colby City; although it looks good I can't help but think about the Cuusoo Western Modular and when I look at Colby City I think, "Gee this is why we can't have the modular?"

However; everything else looks great and it might be the first line where I will end up having most of the sets.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

Possible Spoilers below, nothing that isn't shown in the trailers.

Does anybody else find it odd that Tonto and the Lone Ranger appear in the Colby City set when from what we've seen of the trailers The Lone Ranger doesn't become the Lone Ranger until after Dan Reid's death? Seems like a missed opportunity to have a minifig of straight up John Reid. Clearly we don't know how things go down in the movie, but I'm willing to bet that all three of those characters never show up in one place at the same time.

Possible Spoilers below, nothing that isn't shown in the trailers.

Does anybody else find it odd that Tonto and the Lone Ranger appear in the Colby City set when from what we've seen of the trailers The Lone Ranger doesn't become the Lone Ranger until after Dan Reid's death? Seems like a missed opportunity to have a minifig of straight up John Reid. Clearly we don't know how things go down in the movie, but I'm willing to bet that all three of those characters never show up in one place at the same time.

This does not seem to be unusual for Lego (or any toy company) when making sets for a not yet released movie. Given the long production lead times both in the movie, and needed by Lego, the Lego designers are often just working off bits and pieces of the movie. Rough outlines or scene descriptions, concept art, preliminary stories. The Lego designers don't actually get to see the movie or read the script before the general public does. So you get these little continuity mistakes for the first wave or two. Actually these seem fairly minor compared to some others they have had. (See The Hobbit, )

This does not seem to be unusual for Lego (or any toy company) when making sets for a not yet released movie. Given the long production lead times both in the movie, and needed by Lego, the Lego designers are often just working off bits and pieces of the movie. Rough outlines or scene descriptions, concept art, preliminary stories. The Lego designers don't actually get to see the movie or read the script before the general public does. So you get these little continuity mistakes for the first wave or two. Actually these seem fairly minor compared to some others they have had. (See The Hobbit, )

Or see the IM3 or Avengers, or TDKR sets. That happens all the time. I bet the same will happen with the MoS sets.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be picking that poly up for Tonto since I don't plan on picking up any of the sets :thumbup: I hope the Lone Ranger one pops up somewhere soon as well!

The Tonto polybag seems sort of pointless? It's a minifig that comes in almost every set with a common campfire that comes in a very low cost set. The Ranger with the Gandy Dancer cart seems much better.

The Tonto polybag seems sort of pointless? It's a minifig that comes in almost every set with a common campfire that comes in a very low cost set. The Ranger with the Gandy Dancer cart seems much better.

I don't think so, seems to me like it would be a good way to get quite a few crows.

I don't think so, seems to me like it would be a good way to get quite a few crows.

Fair point. But isn't that a pretty expensive way to do it? I doubt Bricklink pricing will be $4 per crow?

For those familiar with Game of Thrones, I'm anticipating at least one Coldhands MOC in the near future.

Fair point. But isn't that a pretty expensive way to do it? I doubt Bricklink pricing will be $4 per crow?

Of course, but then you also get a lot of other pieces, which, if common, could also be fairly useful (dk grey round 1x1s, light grey cheese slopes, for example).

Thanks for the info!

Thanks j2g!

My pleasure! :classic:

Personally, I'm a polybag completionist, so I'll get it anyways. :tongue:

I just really wished they would of used the dirty Mine set version of Tonto and the Lone Ranger in these polybags. It would have made them much more sought after and useful. But, Tonto is still a great figure in his regular version. :sweet:

A Calvery Solider would have been a much, much better poly. :-P

Indeed.

I like the Lone Ranger one much better, if only for the pump car. I also need those wheels for Harley Quinn's roller coaster car in the Funhouse. Would the pump car be able to ride through the Mine? If so, integration points to LEGO.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I'm sorry, but could you have more relevant comments?

Please don't instruct other members on how to act, if you see a post that you have a problem with please report it and the moderators will deal with it.

Thank you.

I'm sorry. Sometimes something bugs me and I want to do something about it. I'll leave it to the moderators next time.