Klaus-Dieter

2013 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Those animals are just too cute! :wub:

Indeed, too cute :laugh: But seriously speaking, they are not as cutesy as I feared. Much better than the dog and cat from the first wave. Maybe some of them could pass in other themes too - I might buy turtle, squirrel and rabbit ones.

I think I'm in love with that black and white kitten. :wub:

I must buy my wife the kitten one....she had a black cat with white paws from 9 years old to her early twenty's and still misses her dearly still after all this time. :sad:

I love that turtle... (I actually want lots of them). They are my new favourite Lego animal now (move over goat... ).

I like the part with the friends.......

Actually, I'm not a fan of this theme at all. I won't bang on about my reasons because it'd be boring. I do however like the turtle/tortoise. I wish regular minifigures could get small animals like this in a pet shop. Though I'm thinking I might use these cute animals as stuffed toys in a toy shop.

Yes I love the black and white kitten set, - I will be keeping an eye out for those.

Some years ago I studied Iaido so the Friends karate school set will be on my list as well.

These sets are pretty good. The less stereotypical ones are obviously the best. I like all the details in the karate set, such as the bonzai tree and the water bottle. It's very important to stay hydrated! Those boys from Ninjago could learn a thing or two from Emma. :laugh: I don't get why people don't like the pool set though. True, the minidoll count is very low for a set of that size and it's a very typical Polly Pocket like set, but I think it looks great for what it is and feels like a throwback to Paradisa.

As for the animal packs... Not so fond of them. They're not bad and I'm sure girls will love them, but they just don't interest me as the animals are too cutesy to be used as anything other than toys in other themes. Oh well, good thing there will be some boy-oriented sets with turtles in them next year as well. :snicker:

Come to think of it, I wonder who will be the first to buy four of the turtle set to make a TMNT origin scene. :sweet:

I love these new sets. We are really starting to get some diversity in the minidolls' clothing, with different kinds of shorts, bikinis, karate outfit and the magician's tux. New characters are great additions, and it's AWESOME to see more of the girls getting into non-stereotypical hobbies, while still providing lots of cutesy animals and pastels for the more conventional Barbie and Polly Pocket crowd. Speaking as the father of one girl who is all about the field hockey and Tamora Pierce and one girl who is totally Barbie's BFF, TLG is really starting to make me happy with Friends. I hope this theme lasts a long time and keeps expanding.

I have to agree that they need to introduce a couple more male characters, though. Only one male in three waves of Friends? That's almost as bad as Ninjago's ratio. At least Nya appears in multiple sets!

I'm really loving that new Strat-style guitar in the stage set - I hope we'll see more of it, maybe with a CMF or two.

OK Wife will insist that I get her the Karate one. I may need to get two, there are some interested pieces for the Dojo I'm building. Also is that some sort of mirror piece in that one set?

The kitten is so cute. Gonna have to get that along with the karate one...for my daughter. :classic:

The kitten is so cute. Gonna have to get that along with the karate one...for my daughter. :classic:

I will also be getting these "for my daughter". :wink:

I am surprised of how Wellington these sets look in general.

Might get some of them. :D

That turtle. :thumbdown:

That turtle. :thumbup: Reminds me of Squirt from Finding Nemo. :wub:

46725.gif

I love the idea of these Pet animals series - they may be "Polly Pocket-like" but I do find them cute and what's important is they're (compatible with) LEGO. :sweet:

As for the regular sets, what appeals to me the most are the Karate and Magician ones. The rest, however, I feel have the same 'old feel and look' of previous Friends sets that is becoming unexciting (at least for me; the Pet Salon looks eerily similar in design to City Park Cafe!). I hope to see sets with new and fresh concepts and design like the Karate and Magician sets and Pet animals series packs.

I'm surprised nobody but me seems to see the crossover potential of the poodle from the pet salon. Since poodles in general tend to have a very poofy aesthetic (at least when groomed this way), this one shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb the way some Friends animals do in LEGO City. And it seems about the same size as the classic LEGO dog.

One thing's for sure-- they're better than most Belville animals. Personally I think that with different face printing, the bunny and kitten would fit just fine with regular figs.

These sets look interesting, but the only ones I'm likely to get (due to monetary constraints, what with LoTR, Ninjago, The Lone Ranger, etc) would be the collectible animals: My wife would just LOVE the squirrel, kitty, bunny and turtle, especially the bunny.

I do like the fact that they seem to have come up with some new molds for shorts and skirts for the mini dolls.

Edited by Hikaro Takayama

Animals still look pretty bad. But the turtle.. Oh my, it is definetly cute!

The problem with animals is that they seem to have their mouth printed too high- just look on Dog or rabit, and the bird have only black eyes ;/

If you are talking of that 4x6 window piece with those characters on their.....it's from Ninjago and it's printed. :wink:

I and do like the turtle set as well.....it's kind a cute ! :blush:

I was looking for the swimming pool set. However, the one in the photo really looks strange.

The only one I am interested in is the karate set. I love the "忍者" character there, but I doubt it is a sticker?

They are printed Window panes. A few of the first series Ninjago sets had them. They look gorgeous in place. Especially if framed in a standout color.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=2507-1

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=2504-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=57895pb005

I'm surprised nobody but me seems to see the crossover potential of the poodle from the pet salon. Since poodles in general tend to have a very poofy aesthetic (at least when groomed this way), this one shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb the way some Friends animals do in LEGO City. And it seems about the same size as the classic LEGO dog.

I agree, I like the poodle. The foal is cute, too, and much better than the Friends horse. I hope it's the right size to use with regular New Horses. It has a bit of the Friends cute-animal asthetic, but not too much, and I think it would work if the size is right.

They are printed Window panes. A few of the first series Ninjago sets had them. They look gorgeous in place. Especially if framed in a standout color.

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=2507-1

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=2504-1

http://www.bricklink...sp?P=57895pb005

They look so cool, especial the fire temple. I am not familiar with Ninjago sets, because they are too boy-oriented to me.

Is was looking for something to complete the dojo in one of my modulars. It seems i only have to wait until these new sets are being released. Other sets could be incorporated too.