Masked Builder

[MOC] Midi-Scale Venator V.2

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

7974479582_624b11b74f_c.jpg

Click the image for the 1000+ pixel version.

7974479764_9d71414947_b.jpg

7974479826_b620894f97_b.jpg

7974479300_97d74323a6_b.jpg

7974479105_eebb4abbb9_b.jpg

7974479169_6028bc240c_b.jpg

7974478921_faff7e7961_b.jpg

7974479231_2b64834995_b.jpg

And lastly, a image of the sig-fig of yours truly for a sense of scale.

Venpro.jpg

I'm back with my favorite scale! The Venator is one of my favorite ships, and after I built the first version, I knew I'd return for a revision. I worked on the internal structure, made it a bit stronger, as well as shrunk the nose section so it's not as thick. I did the math, rounded, it's about 3500th scale, pretty small, though still a respectable 13" long. This ship will always been in my collection. I should've saved this for my 7000th post, but I hate waiting. :tongue: And here's a nice linky to the topic for V.1.

I built the revised version around June 2012.

Flickr Set

Nice work, Masked. I think you got those angles just right. My only suggestions would be to either make the biggest engines bigger, or the rear fin small so that they line up like the reference picture. Also, maybe have the front come to more of a point using angled plates somehow.

Nice work Masked. Easily recognizable, accurate, and oh-so-cute. :laugh::blush: I love the hangars and the front of the ship.

Nice... I love midi scale; I know it was not very popular (otherwise we'd have seen more, no doubt) - you get so much more detail than mini/micro without the enormous space requirements of minifigure illusion scale. Since I like displaying, not playing, midi scale is perfect, and you did a great job capturing the look of the ship. :thumbup:

Nice one Masked, much better improvement on your first build. The thinner fount looks much better in in scale to the reference. I also love the docking bay :thumbup: .

I had thought of doing this ship in midi scale for the community build, but I have other ideas up my sleeve that I will need to pull out.

Nice job, they should have hung around the Midi line for a Venator.

I've spent 5 mins been fixated on the hanger bays, great job on them :laugh:.

Nice entry Masked! You’ve created the ship beautifully! I love the bridge work, but I think the back of the ship could be 1 to 2 studs wider on either side. Could be just the angle of your pictures too. Do you have any overhead shots?

Wow, thanks everyone! Glad you like her. :sweet:

Nice work, Masked. I think you got those angles just right. My only suggestions would be to either make the biggest engines bigger, or the rear fin small so that they line up like the reference picture. Also, maybe have the front come to more of a point using angled plates somehow.

Yeah that's probably possible, I should have mentioned it's really a mish-mash of the CW and Ep. III versions, both are great, but I think I like the Ep. III better.

Nice, I've been a fan of the midi-scaling builds since the launch of the official sets.

This is really good MB :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch Kim! I was hoping for a official one of these, probably would have gotten the Star Destroyer, but it seems not to be. :sceptic:

Nice job, they should have hung around the Midi line for a Venator.

I've spent 5 mins been fixated on the hanger bays, great job on them :laugh:.

:laugh: They were the hardest to get attached. :tongue: This will be at every convention I attend. (Hopefully starting with Brickfair next fall.)

My favorite ship...Well done. I wish LEGO made that model. A quality CUUSOO entry maybe???

That's quite possible, I'll see if I can login again.

Nice entry Masked! You’ve created the ship beautifully! I love the bridge work, but I think the back of the ship could be 1 to 2 studs wider on either side. Could be just the angle of your pictures too. Do you have any overhead shots?

It's really possible, that's what V.3 is for! :laugh: No, but I could make one for you. :sweet:

This is truly amazing, it's even better than some larger scale models! Good job!

It really shows all the key features of the real one.

An update, as I'm not 18 yet, I can't place this on Cuusoo. At least not for another two years or so. We'll see.

This is truly amazing, it's even better than some larger scale models! Good job!

It really shows all the key features of the real one.

Thanks! :sweet:

Do you have any instructions for this great build?

No, at least not yet. I may make a few pictures of the inside if it ever comes apart, trust me it does, but no instructions specifically. I may make some to sell though...