Sign in to follow this  
Walter

A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Statistics prove, prove that you've one birthday,

one birthday ev'ry year.

But there are three

hundred and sixty four

unbirthdays.

That is why we're gathered here to cheer.

A very merry unbirthday to you, to you.

A very merry unbirthday to you,

It's great to drink to someone and

I guess that you will do.

A very merry unbirthday to you!

-Walt Disney's Alice In Wonderland (1951)

7966999410_a8b1955a31.jpg

A Very Merry Unbirthday! by Walter Benson, on Flickr

I love the books and film so I decided to make this scene to commemorate my love for them. I was very much inspired by Legohaulic and Littlehaulic's scene. The chairs were inspired by the gazillions I've seen on Flickr.

Here is a reference photo.

Amazing work Walter! I love how you did those pots, dishes, and the rest of the dining wares - very tricky to build in LEGO yet you pulled it off seamlessly! Great job on March Hare too! I'm also a fan of Alice in Wonderland though of the more recent Tim Burton movie, but still this vignette very much captures the essence of the scene perfectly! :thumbup:

Fantastic! It's got the perfect "weird, wacky, and wonderful" vibe given off by the story. :thumbup: I love the rabbit...I thought he was the White rabbit in the original book, though?

EDIT: I stand corrected - that's not the White Rabbit, it's the March Hare. :blush:

Edited by purpleparadox

This MOC looks excellent. The mad hatter looks just as he should be and all the rich and vibrant colours on the table work brilliantly. :sweet:

The details in this are awesome. I particularly like the teapots and how you have used the flower for the coasters under the mugs. You've created a very realistic tablecloth effect as well.

Thanks all! I appreciate the comments. Here's a photo of the minifigures by themselves:

7977138919_6a3c52b5b0.jpg

Alice, the March Hare, and the Mad Hatter by Walter Benson, on Flickr

Amazing work Walter! I love how you did those pots, dishes, and the rest of the dining wares - very tricky to build in LEGO yet you pulled it off seamlessly! Great job on March Hare too! I'm also a fan of Alice in Wonderland though of the more recent Tim Burton movie, but still this vignette very much captures the essence of the scene perfectly! :thumbup:

Thanks KielDaMan!

I kinda liked Tim Burton's 2011 film but the 1951 film has always been my favorite. I also love Lewis Carroll's original books! :classic:

Fantastic! It's got the perfect "weird, wacky, and wonderful" vibe given off by the story. :thumbup: I love the rabbit...I thought he was the White rabbit in the original book, though?

EDIT: I stand corrected - that's not the White Rabbit, it's the March Hare. :blush:

Actually the torso I used would've been great for the White Rabbit. In fact it might be more fitting than it was for the March Hare. :wacko:

That is brilliant!

But it's too clean for the Mad Hatter and the March Rabbit isn't it? :grin:

I almost wish I could've had more stacked dishes and wacky shaped pots, but it proved too much for me to handle. :laugh:

Nice work on all the different chairs and that tree looks fantastic! :thumbup: Love the Hare's ears too! :laugh:

Nice MOC! I love the scene but those minifigures and their accessories are just too cool. I can't even pick a favourite!