Sign in to follow this  
Matteo1130

LDD software

Hi all,

somebody may remember a frigate i've started long ago (still a WIP) with my personal tumblehome technique.. wich needs several structure reinforcement, but hope to post some new pics soon.

meanwhile i've been interested in making a corvette too, using small old bow, stern and 4 small midsections, but i prefere to make it in LDD first.

where may i find a software? have i to make "steps" myself on it, or completed the model i may simply ask to show the brick-by-brick sequence? does any software show the parts list?

many thanks!

Matteo

You can create instructions with LDD by clicking the 'Building Guide Mode' button in the very top right corner.These instructions are sometimes a bit nonsensical but they're still usable. To see the parts list, while still in Building Guide Mode, click the 'Generate HTML Building Guide' button in the top left corner. When it appears, go to the very last page of the instructions and you'll find the parts list. An alternative for finding the parts list is Superkalle's LDD Manager, but as I use a Mac I have no experience with it.

Looking forward to those creations! :pir-sweet:

Yeah, if you want the instructions to make sense, you'd need to do it by hand. I've followed LDD-generated instructions many times, and they can get utterly barking at times. It has no sense of symmetry, so near-identical parts on either side of a model can be interprested in entirely different ways. Also it will do its level best to ignore model stability, so there's that.

does lego digital designer accept old style bow and stern?

are tehre other softwares?

If you mean the hull pieces from 1989, no. Your alternative is LDraw. There's a forum about all this here on Eurobricks. You definately should look.