Sign in to follow this  
tchuk-norst

[MOC] Imp-Class Imperial Walker

To all who may have seen my other post a couple of days ago, this is not the giant quadruped mech I'm building. This is in fact a biped.

Ok, here we go!

The hiss and pounding of the dreaded machine. The soldiers of the trenches cower in fear at the sound.

The Imp!

imp1.jpg

With two powerful legs built for all terrains, a 6cm cannon on its left side and a smaller machine gun on the left.

imp2.jpg

Here we can see the vicious pilot of the dreaded machine. (I apologize for poor picture quality, I couldn't get a light in there.)

imp3.jpg

On this side view we can see in more detail the two powerful legs and the array of greeblings in the inside and back.

If you like this please tell me and I can put more pictures on. I thoroughly enjoyed building this and I hope you enjoy seeing it. C/C appreciated.

Absolutely lovely.

Great looking Mech, I love the bubbly circular body. And the windscreen/blast protector mechanism is neat!

My only complaint is the feet. The little hands don't do it for me, if you're going for toes I think it has to be a little more substantial. Rotating them up towards the shin I think would look better.

oh! another idea would be to use some 1x2 dark green plate and put it as a stripe through the windscreen area. I think it would add some interesting asymmetry to it :thumbup:

I agree. The feet are very elephantine, and the hands ruin that effect.

Edited by DraikNova

Absolutely lovely.

Great looking Mech, I love the bubbly circular body. And the windscreen/blast protector mechanism is neat!

Thank you very much!

My only complaint is the feet. The little hands don't do it for me, if you're going for toes I think it has to be a little more substantial. Rotating them up towards the shin I think would look better.

I agree. The feet are very elephantine, and the hands ruin that effect.

As for the feet my original inspiration was from Keith Thompson's artwork of the Stormwalker for the Leviathan.

For example Stormwalker (I don't know how to get just the picture in the forum, sorry.)

But I really see your point. Should I just take all the "toes" off and leave it like that? Or do I need to re-do the whole foot area?

oh! another idea would be to use some 1x2 dark green plate and put it as a stripe through the windscreen area. I think it would add some interesting asymmetry to it :thumbup:

I would, but I don't have any 1x2 dark green. :hmpf_bad:

To all, thanks for liking my mech! I'll be putting up more pictures soon!

I love just how useful those dark green pieces are for steam and dieselpunk. Well done, tchuck-norst. :classic:

Here are some more images!

imp4.jpg

Here are the loyal imperial troops standing resolutely with the Imp.

imp5.jpg

And here is the greebly, diesel-y back.

Thansk for all the nice responses!