LEGO Train 12 Volts

MOC: BR80-039

Hi everyone,

after a pause of months, the project BR starts again! :wink:

A new BR sparkles in the sun, this time it's the turn of the small BR 80-039. :blush:

br80-039-002.jpg

br80-039-003.jpg

As usual, I tried to respect the proportions of the original blueprint adding my characteristics lights. :classic:

br80-039-001.jpg

The plungers have a movement similar to my previous BR84-009 to make a little bit pleasant watch the locomotive run on the rails.

br80-039-004.jpg

br80-039-005.jpg

Have fun watching the show! :laugh:

br80-039-006.jpg

br80-039-007.jpg

br80-039-008.jpg

br80-039-009.jpg

br80-039-010.jpg

br80-039-011.jpg

br80-039-012.jpg

br80-039-013.jpg

br80-039-014.jpg

br80-039-015.jpg

br80-039-016.jpg

br80-039-017.jpg

br80-039-018.jpg

br80-039-019.jpg

br80-039-020.jpg

br80-039-021.jpg

br80-039-022.jpg

br80-039-023.jpg

br80-039-024.jpg

br80-039-025.jpg

br80-039-026.jpg

br80-039-027.jpg

br80-039-028.jpg

...I hope to see you soon with another BR... :sweet:

Great 0-6-0 LT12V! It's a great looking engine and a wonderful addition to your rail line. The lights are a nice touch, though it's unfortunate TLC doesn't make an amber colored bulb for these old steamers default_classic.gif

Cool, looks just like the engine that I took thru the Hartz Mountains on the Brockenbahn one time. Thanks for sharing!

Very good, a nice example of a smaller steam train and good to see that it pulls all of those coaches without any problems.

It's not pulling the carriages; the motor must be in one of them. There's just no room in the engine.

I like the looks of your BR80, especially the drive-gear. I must really find some time for my own next BR...

Really nice design !

I too was thinking there is not room for a motor.....or am I mistaken ?

If no motor you only turn lights on/off with the switch, right ?

Great 0-6-0 LT12V! It's a great looking engine and a wonderful addition to your rail line. The lights are a nice touch, though it's unfortunate TLC doesn't make an amber colored bulb for these old steamers default_classic.gif

Cool, looks just like the engine that I took thru the Hartz Mountains on the Brockenbahn one time. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliments "LEGO Guy Bri" and "bjtpro"!

Very good, a nice example of a smaller steam train and good to see that it pulls all of those coaches without any problems.

The real motor is in the second coach :wink:

That's a cute little steamer you got there. Nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks Anticyclone! :sweet:

It's not pulling the carriages; the motor must be in one of them. There's just no room in the engine.

I like the looks of your BR80, especially the drive-gear. I must really find some time for my own next BR...

I hope to see a new locomotive from you Duq, I remember your amazing BR 65! :blush:

Really nice design !

I too was thinking there is not room for a motor.....or am I mistaken ?

If no motor you only turn lights on/off with the switch, right ?

Yes it's right, in this locomotive there's only space for the 9V battery to power the lights!

Nice compact and very realistic tank loco. I like your cleverly disguised switch in the coal bunker.

Am I correct in assuming that the wheels are Big Ben Bricks' medium drivers?

Nice compact and very realistic tank loco. I like your cleverly disguised switch in the coal bunker.

Am I correct in assuming that the wheels are Big Ben Bricks' medium drivers?

Yes it's correct, and the blind wheels have o-rings to guarantee the grip when the locomotive is pushed around :classic:

Though it's a very cute little train, the design also manages to look very powerful somehow. Nice use of lights too!

I too like this engine very much. I've even found details I'll copy for my BR50 (if I ever get it finished).

Holger Mathis has a BR80 design on Flickr with a very clever motor design which you might find interesting. You might eve be able to adapt it to use in yours.

I really like the building in the video that the train runs under! Is that some sort of resupply structure, like for water or coal?

I really like the building in the video that the train runs under! Is that some sort of resupply structure, like for water or coal?

I'd rather say it is a switching tower. The part above the rails being where the control centre is. As far as I can tell, it seems to be that one...

I'd rather say it is a switching tower. The part above the rails being where the control centre is. As far as I can tell, it seems to be that one...

Oh, ok. Cool, thanks for the link!

In one word: adorable, absolutely adorable!

Thanks! :wink:

I too like this engine very much. I've even found details I'll copy for my BR50 (if I ever get it finished).

Good luck for your BR peterab! :thumbup:

Is the gantry tower from Reinhard Ben Beneke, I think that this tower has the perfect architecture to be with a BR :laugh:

This is one of my favorite engines. It was the first H0 engine we had when I was a kid.

You did a great job building it in LEGO!

This is one of my favorite engines. It was the first H0 engine we had when I was a kid.

You did a great job building it in LEGO!

Thanks, this locomotive was a childhood memory for me too! :wink:

AWESOME and cute little engine 'LT12V'.....cool classic steam engine ! :excited:

Brick On 'LT12V' ! :excited:

A topic without your feedback would not be complete ...thanks Tiger! :laugh:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts