This is how mine table is looking out when i am building, almost the same as Alasdair :laugh::tongue:

116_1646_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

it is highly recommended to wait not too long with sorting your parts

9115253355_a056b5e19b_c.jpg

this is a 150 litre box and all in it was unsorted on the table :blush:

My bedroom is rather chaotic at the moment!

I am basically doing a stock take. I have a lot of old Bionicles and other non Technic sets that I have basically kept in boxes for several years, and I have finally decided to sort it all out (and probably sell some)

my current progress: all my Technic sets 2007 and later are assembled, plus my 4x Nitro Muscle. Toa Nuva, Rahkshi, Bohrok and Toa Metru are also assembled.

I am currently sorting out the rest of the unsorted stuff.

overview:

3szj.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

around the corner:

w310.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

sorting area:

kqg5.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

I have also put the smallest sets in the 9398 box, and some mid sized sets in the top drawer of the filing cabinet. The rest of the filing cabinet holds the rest of the Technic parts.

My normal set up is the Technic parts sorted by part, then colour if I have enough, put in ice cream containers, then stacked and stored in the filing cabinet. The filing cabinet holds a 2x3 arrangement almost perfectly.

Axles, pins, and bushes (except 3 long pins, 2 long pins, and axle pins), are in custom compartmented boxes.

My current set list if anyone is interested, still incomplete!

Edited by Matt The Tuba Guy

I need to do more sorting.... :sadnew:

9051254273_48c27cd6d8_c.jpg

While work on a prodject mine looks like this too. But I have a smart phone with me for quick research. Got no room on my half of the table for my laptop, daughter has the other half with her LEGO Friends.

I got an 8043, some extra lift arm, and a fair amount of older studded Technic like the Black Cat (my favorite till I can get the 42009). But I'm on a fixed income so my collection my not grow till I can get a job or

my mom gets retirement.

I have the same problem Alasdair, but i have a big 4 meter desk and i must find all mine parts that i build on mine show case :laugh:

This is how mine table is looking out when i am building, almost the same as Alasdair :laugh::tongue:

116_1646_1.jpg

Can you be so kind to tell the blue and reddish cabinets manufacturer name, please? Any comments/advices about storing parts?

Edited by AKM_76

Can you be so kind to tell the blue and reddish cabinets manufacturer name, please? Any comments/advices about storing parts?

Sorry AKM 76 i don't no the brand name's of the cabinets it's made in Germany.

I think the cabinets made by raaco (Denmark) look the same as the cabinets of VFracingteam.

My last update for a little while. I am having a building challenge with a friend so for the next week or so I will be busy designing and building :)

29062013_Display.JPG