The money is important and even more if it can give you time but the most important thing in my opinion is the motivation... Sometimes I would like to be happy just building instructions but again and again I begin to see things that can be improved and I come back to my endless spiral of improvement... i am sorry for the off-topic.

2 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Is that a good thing?!!

No, same partcount, but twice the price of a liebherr. And most of the people are complaining about the liebherr price.

most of the big motorised (and sometimes manual) vehicle mocs are like that - worth way more in parts than even the most expensive factory set. Lox, i'm looking at you and bruno :)

But I just want to say that that is a lovely white bucket on the backhoe :)

8 hours ago, mortenm said:

One set in each box? 

Mostly, the two boxes at the bottom contains several sets. The boxes one the top contains several smaller sets that I haven't  ordered the missing pieces for yet.

Would've taken a lot less space if I bought smaller boxes for the smaller sets.

My workplace and my hobby room, with couch and TV – behind the photographer. Hope you will like it.

Overview:

d58d8d-1578477102.jpeg

c8d07a-1578477235.jpeg

b91459-1578477407.jpeg

Some displayed models and mocs:

ec91b3-1578477471.jpeg

sorted…

81582e-1578477554.jpeg

2ebc33-1578477739.jpeg

582d6f-1578477879.jpeg

Best regards!

@bernt

50+ sets collected is mind blowing, wow! I hope you find the time one day to build them all.  At one point I had up to 13 Mocs collected for and the pressure I put on myself to build took away from my enjoyment.  I was doing more bricklink’ing than building and all the advanced planning was crushing my enjoyment lol.  I ended up giving up on many Mocs (collected but not built), and pillaged from many to build The newest thing that came out on rebrickable.   Today I’ve gone 360 and typically have what I need for most Mocs.  I’ll then bricklink what’s missing.  No planning, no stress, no worries.   Good luck ?and please post a picture when all 50 are done.

10 hours ago, KD123 said:

@bernt

50+ sets collected is mind blowing, wow! I hope you find the time one day to build them all.  At one point I had up to 13 Mocs collected for and the pressure I put on myself to build took away from my enjoyment.  I was doing more bricklink’ing than building and all the advanced planning was crushing my enjoyment lol.  I ended up giving up on many Mocs (collected but not built), and pillaged from many to build The newest thing that came out on rebrickable.   Today I’ve gone 360 and typically have what I need for most Mocs.  I’ll then bricklink what’s missing.  No planning, no stress, no worries.   Good luck ?and please post a picture when all 50 are done.

I feel ya! I'm currently in the "more bricklink'ing than building" phase. Your admission gives me hope and strength to put an end to this! Looking forward to entering the "enjoyment" phase asap :grin:

On 1/10/2020 at 2:51 AM, KD123 said:

@bernt

It`ll take a while, but I`ll post a picture when they are done :grin: At my current pace, with a small child in the house, it`s not too often that I can sit down and start building. And I need some more shelves (and maybe a new, bigger room) to display the ones that are not built yet :sceptic:

On 1/11/2020 at 7:40 PM, bernt said:

It`ll take a while, but I`ll post a picture when they are done :grin: At my current pace, with a small child in the house, it`s not too often that I can sit down and start building. And I need some more shelves (and maybe a new, bigger room) to display the ones that are not built yet :sceptic:

I  can relate to that as well, with family obligations I’m typically limited to 1-2 hours per nigh to build.  The struggle is real lol.   Display wise I found that at some point your collection simply gets too big.  As great as the set or moc may be, something new always comes out that ends up pushing the older “ones” down a shelf.  After a few cycles of this and struggling to display everything that I’ve built - my experience now to maintain balance through one in one out.  This forces me to really think about what I want to build and indirectly reminds me of the good time’s that I had in the set I’ll disassemble.  Balance for me is key.  Happy building ?.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:02 PM, KD123 said:

I  can relate to that as well, with family obligations I’m typically limited to 1-2 hours per nigh to build.  The struggle is real lol.   Display wise I found that at some point your collection simply gets too big.  As great as the set or moc may be, something new always comes out that ends up pushing the older “ones” down a shelf.  After a few cycles of this and struggling to display everything that I’ve built - my experience now to maintain balance through one in one out.  This forces me to really think about what I want to build and indirectly reminds me of the good time’s that I had in the set I’ll disassemble.  Balance for me is key.  Happy building ?.

You get 1-2 hours per night?? Lucky bastard :laugh: I have some shelves with sets on display in a room I use as my office. When I buy new shelves I`ll have to place them in the guestroom. And after that I guess I`ll have to get creative :thumbup: 

LEGO Technic Shelves

Today I have purchased these shelves to store my LEGO Technic sets and parts. For a $50 investment, they keep them all safe and also have a spot to store my parts containers.They also pass the "wife approval" factor.

LEGO+Technic+Cupboard_May2020+%25281%252

LEGO+Technic+Cupboard_May2020+%25282%252