@Carsten Svendsen Hah - look at all that sistema! Mine is the same, but I've used the sistema storage range (comes stackable from 175ml to 60l - I have a heap of 1.7l and 820ml/3.8l ones bought when the Warehouse has them 50% off, with a few 7.9l for tyres/wheels, one 14l and a 30L - these two are great for just dumping parts in when building). They stack well, and the 810ml, 1.7L and 3.8L are the same height, so I'm building a cabinet for them where they act as drawers (without lids).

I love seeing shots like this as it gives me more ideas for organising - love placing all bevel gears + straight gears together. I've found you can often have a bunch of similar parts together in one place and it's still fast to find things, as long as they're different enough to make a quick comparison. e.g. I mix all black + blue pins together, and also mix even/odd axles (e.g. 2/3 in the same container) excluding the few I have of different colour (black/yellow 3L). It's always a tradeoff between similarity in colour (e.g. beams 2-5L long of same colour grouped) vs similarity in part (all beams 2L long, all beams 3L long etc) for efficient packing and retrieval!

@Aventador2004 Bevel and spur gears does ring a bell, however, I also have knob and crown gears in there. 

@BrickbyBrickTechnic Under normal circumstances I would have already taken the CLAAS model completely apart when I went looking for parts in it the 3rd time. However, I am planning on building an even bigger version of this with bigger wheels so I kept it mostly assembled so that I can reference it for functions and astethics later on.

@JonathanM I actually bought about half of what you see back when I lived in Denmark from Amazon.co.uk. I spent an eternity looking for something like the sistema system as my previous sorting was done with random size boxes and buckets from marmelade and ice cream. It was horrible.

In an ideal world, I would also sort all of my crossblocks and connectors by type, however with 14 different types of each category, that would get out of control with the amount of boxes needed. I could have a drawer system, but then all of the drawers would be hanging all the time anyway and it cleaning up would become even more tedious.

I used to have all varieties and colors of number 2,3,4 and fives in the same 5L box as they were small enough to tell apart easily on the go. I just found it hard to grab one axle as it would always sink to the bottom with my weight on top. Same goes for my bent liftarms.

I like the system I have now, I might have to upgrade my sorting in the future again as I get more LEGO.

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

Not sure if anyone's interested: 6500 + Pcs (No "Not enough parts" anymore :wink:)

My new sorting setup 

Green: Pins

Red: Axles, joiners

Blue: Lift-arms

Extra miscellaneous:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

Only started little over a year ago, but it's already more than enough to keep me busy for hours.

32723361497_290a39dcf4_b.jpg

Just a quick update after a 6 month absence from doing anything Lego related finally got back into it. Doing my 4th rebuild/variation of the Mercedes Arocs gonna be a tractor unit with a semi tipper trailer, full R/C.

img_20190512_1639021.jpg

Edited by technicfan

my sons collection as mine is long gone...

2019-11-03_10-14-07

can anyone tell me the kit ref for the red racing buggy on the bottom row please?

45 minutes ago, efferman said:

Sweet combination,  how was the buiding process?

Very good....Had only problems with cables....otherwise a wery smooth working model!!!  currently my favorite model :classic:    keep up the good work

Wow, seeing this all your collections makes me kind of jealous, it looks so awesome :wub:... I have my fair share of technic models as well, but it seems that I can't keep anything built for more than a few weeks before I kill it for parts :(

My goal is to have the following 3 cars on one shelf:

- Honda NSX

- Mazda RX7 FD

- Nissan R32 GTR

But It will still take quite sone time to achieve that goal... :look:

On 11/3/2019 at 11:48 AM, baddon said:

can anyone tell me the kit ref for the red racing buggy on the bottom row please?

@baddon  I think the red buggy is the B-model from 42005.