Yes, they were sold at Aldi here too. The series is called VarioPlus (Basic) from Allit and the old ones with the grey color are discontinued (although they may of course be selling some they have left). The series isn't, the new versions have a new color (yellow), the total height is a little more (I have to measure that though, I'm not sure) and they also have 2 wide drawers now. The "container" is a little modified to hous the 2 wide drawers, the container now has only a support in the middle and not 2 supports to house 4 drawers. Also, the drawers are a little different at the front, but are practically the same size.

Any more info needed? :grin:

Here in Germany we had them last time with yellow separator and big yellow containers instead of grey. Else, they were exactly the same I believe, but I need to check. We didn't get any with 2-wide compartments, else I probably would have gotten some of them. Perhaps next year when we get them again. Ok ... totally offtopic :D

Sorry to continue off topic but I'd like to thank everybody for the info about the boxes. I will remember to look at the Aldi.

Legolijntje you mean 15L liftarms don't fit in the drawers or good old 16L technic bricks? For the latter I have a spot, but if it is liftarms I might have a problem.

Sorry Sato, but Alkmaar is quite a drive from my home, so I will have to pass. Thanks for the offer though :classic:

Freekysch what is that thing in front of the 8258? :laugh:

Edited by Appie

Sorry to continue off topic but I'd like to thank everybody for the info about the boxes. I will remember to look at the Aldi.

Legolijntje you mean 15L liftarms don't fit in the drawers or good old 16L technic bricks? For the latter I have a spot, but if it is liftarms I might have a problem.

[...]

Well, 15L beams don't fit in the drawers. But, the new version also has, as I mentioned above, also 2wide drawers and 15L beams fit perfectly in those. I can take some pictures tomorrow of the drawers if you want. I have both old and new versions :wink:

Btw, you don't have to go to an Aldi. The shop I linked above sells them (the new ones) at almost exactly the same price all year round. You only need to pay ~€5 shipping.

I have a bunch of these in my setup:

http://www.maplin.co...7-x-147mm-nd82d

They are great, removable plastic drawers with an all steel case. And yes, a 15M beam fits in the smallest drawers.

That steel case sure is great and very durable, but the whole thing costs at least three times more, than those previously shown which I also have some. THey come to our HOFERand LIDL shops every once in a while. 10 € per piece.

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Freekysch what is that thing in front of the 8258? :laugh:

That is a neuron, got it as a diploma after finishing a winter school in science :)

Recently I have received an email via my blog from a fellow Technic builder asking for some advice on building / storage / display solutions. I have recently sorted out / rebuilt my collection so while it was clean and tidy I have taken the opportunity to take some photos and do a small write up on what I have found to work for me. As I am a Technic builder this works with that type of building, others who build different themes might need a different solution.

Photos with information: http://paulstechnic....nuary-2015.html

04012015_BuildingArea%2B(1).JPG

04012015_BuildingArea%2B(2).JPG

04012015_BuildingArea%2B(10).JPG

04012015_BuildingArea%2B(11).JPG

Edited by Paul B

Seeing Paul B and Interceptor pictures made me realize how big 42030 is.

To be on-topic, here is my latest addition, 8110 (yes i know, no winch on front, i am missing a 7L axle to complete it - this is what happens when you buy sets online second hand :sadnew: )

16169095786_d992c0d88f_c.jpg

Just felt that I wanted to show a pic that I took today, :sweet:

You are supposed to show your LEGO workspace, not your model trucks.....wait a minute....

Nice collection of MOCs (still no proper abbreviation for someone else's MOC). You are probably a Model Team fan too :sweet:

You are supposed to show your LEGO workspace, not your model trucks.....wait a minute....

But wait Jim... this is my workspace :blush::laugh: see those boxes on the floor and the bins they are full of Legos. :grin:

Nice collection of MOCs (still no proper abbreviation for someone else's MOC).

Thanks! Well yes the creators of them should be REALLY REALLY proud! they are all amazing!!!!!

You are probably a Model Team fan too :sweet:

HAHAHA yeah, you think so!? :laugh::grin::wub: :wub: :wub:

Ok, got some new metal cabinets for my parts. Not exactly technic collection, more system bricks, plates, slopes...so ModelTeam collection

Also I blew my annual lego-reserved money for lots of new shiny parts.

In a 3 weeks 8 new small cabinets are coming, too.

This is how it looked like:

image.jpg

This is now (still WIP) 70% of parts sorted, by shape and color.

WIP_Lego_room.jpg

Dimensions of new setup 225cm x 75cm

Clown Krusty minifig is placed on top of the cabinets for a scale :)

Edited by Milan

Looking good!!!

I am disassembling lots of my Technic sets and I really need to change the way I sort things. Maybe I will follow your example.

Nice and well organized Milan, I like that brick wall too :) Maybe add another spotlight to other end of table?

Edited by drakmin

Thanks guys! :)

Drakmin, There is main giant tubular light above the cabinets. Spotlight just cast a light to a working area.

I will show pictures once it is finnished.

Here's mine, started collecting back in 2010, 8053 was first purchase. Been hooked ever since :grin:

IMG_2336_zpsdc2d8ea4.jpg

IMG_2335_zpsaa1bb142.jpg

IMG_2334_zpsae501305.jpg

IMG_2337_zps06db255f.jpg

IMG_2333_zps0dd6544b.jpg

IMG_2328_zpsf9813651.jpg

Here's mine, started collecting back in 2010, 8053 was first purchase. Been hooked ever since :grin:

You don't say :tongue::laugh:

Nice collection!