Thanks. The room is actually a stage area of a hall where I live that I am currently using until I get my own storage sorted. The chassis is my crane I am still working on, hopefully will be finished in a few more months. I think I have the parts I need now, so just have to make everything fit and work. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=486168

My latest additions include the 9398 and 8051(still a WIP street fighter). Not shown is the 42030 that is on the way.

Curiosity wanted to join in on the fun so I let her :classic:

14804922934_d1b9d07316_b.jpg

14620756797_23f6407273_b.jpg

14804922554_7292721e4c_b.jpg

Edited by therealjustin

Finally got my hands on 42009 for a veeery good price :laugh: . What can i say, like it, but i have no space to display it.

14863246653_f2fbc8383a_c.jpg

Finally got my hands on 42009 for a veeery good price :laugh: . What can i say, like it, but i have no space to display it.

I think the black beam in the headlights should be dark bluish grey :blush:

Mine is black. :look:

Thats odd on the box it shows grey. Maybe a building error? I mixed up the 2 colors while building a couple times

Yeah, now i see it should be dark bluish grey, i bought the set already assembled and did not notice the error. I will probably leave it that way.

Edited by Freekysch

Wow, really serious collectors and/or builders here! What I envy from most of you is not so much your sets and pieces, but the amount of time and space your photos show off :grin:

My collection and setup are far from impressive, but may be fun for "mere mortals" to consider that it doesn't take that much to enjoy this hobby...

I'm slightly the opposite of a hoarder, so I was happy to let go of all my Lego when I went into high school. My cousin enjoyed them for several years and added a few set of then-new themes like medieval and space patrol. When he grew out of them, his mom put them away in a big box. Thanks to my hoarder aunt, I got them back just this year.

img_20140812_073417.jpg

As I was taking this photo this morning, my 3.5yo girl step in... I explained her there's an excavator there, and 2 Model Team vehicles, and the greater part of a really old car (8865)... half way through my mental inventory she screamed DRAAAGOOOOON!!!! ah, yes, that too. The little wingless dragon is now missing his tail.

My mom got me these back because I returned to this hobby recently and bought 2 of the old sets I used to have in eBay (didn't know BL back then).

My wife's own super-sweet response to my return to Lego was getting me the new R2-D2, which I'll probably take apart some day to do something Model Team style...

img_20140812_093632.jpg

But apart from these 3 sets on my office desk, I don't keep official sets assembled for longer than a few days, right now the only things assembled are my BMW R-12 with sidecar (my 1st MOC ever) and a crude chassis for a Volvo 7700 bus (my 1st MOC idea, from 1-2 years ago). All I have to build with is crammed in a corner, out of reach from kids under 3. The green thing in the corner is a woolen mat meant for puzzles (e.g. Ravensburger) so avoid pieces bouncing around, it drives me nuts when they do!

img_20140812_073011.jpg

At this point my daughter has more Lego sets assembled than myself: all these are officially hers (plus a missing Han Solo that must be hiding somewhere).

Her spare parts are stored separately, in the white'n'pink box above.

img_20140812_211552.jpg

Yes, that's a lady supervising the mine. Since Lego City has too few girls, I plan on swapping in female heads in my kids sets.

img_20140812_211539.jpg

I literally JUST finished renovating several areas of my house. I reworked my office to be more space / LEGO friendly, and man, what a huge change it is. I thought about a regular desk / corner desk, but i decided to simply use the entire wall. Enter IKEA kitchen cabinets and "butcher block" countertops. As you can see, there's a ton of building / display / storage space, which is exactly what we all need. I'll be adding some more lighting later, seeing as when i'm building, my ceiling lights cast a shadow right where there shouldn't be one.

Most of these models were quickly put out after dusting them off, and a lot of my LEGO isn't pictured here, for they're still disassembled. Soon, i'll be rebuilding 8110, 8053 and 8466's B model.

What do you guys think?

dg575w.jpg

3505mi8.jpg

Finally stopped being lazy this week and installed the plexiglass that I wanted to for months. So now my Lego building area looks like this:

dd635de45feb26ffa9b3036ea99d4606.jpg

The cabinets beneath the desk are filled with my old Lego (this includes System and booklets). I want the screws/nails storing box style things on the desk (like more people use) to put all my modern Technic Lego in.

06803810d087a05c769e5bbc4a2ae87b.jpg

Some of Lego's (and 1 of Sheepo's) supercars all nicely put together. The spot left from the Mustang is reserved for my 41999. Which I didn't want to built until I could provide a dust free spot for it :classic:

274492e27df7130e98e7729770ae0610.jpg

The first cupboard, mostly filled with stuff I bought the last year (something with dark ages). From this cupboard only the 8858, the modified B-Model of the 8865 and 8459 are from long ago. I need to clean these oldies. They got alot of dust from the days where I didn't have plexi glass. The 8466 I got cheap a few months ago needs a cleaning too.

d51f0cc62e0c016c576f9ea85c21b0f8.jpg

The second cupboard is a bit more empty (thankfully or I would have a problem for new models :classic:). Quite a few from this cupboard need some cleaning (everything on the second shelf and the 8443). The 8479 buggy will be broken down and cleaned and then I will make the truck from it. The extended version of the 8839 needs a good cleaning too and some non-yellowed white bricks (built it over 20 years ago).

LC07.jpg

And in my working room i have a few of the big ones build and the classics of my childhood, still have to change 8275 with the 8110 ... next holiday :laugh:

What the set number on the third shelf from the bottom?

Edited by Blakbird
: Deleted huge list of unnecessary quoted images.

Finally stopped being lazy this week and installed the plexiglass that I wanted to for months. So now my Lego building area looks like this:

dd635de45feb26ffa9b3036ea99d4606.jpg

The cabinets beneath the desk are filled with my old Lego (this includes System and booklets). I want the screws/nails storing box style things on the desk (like more people use) to put all my modern Technic Lego in.

Would the one on the right be of any use to you? (32 drawers, 1 tray)

sd2oli.jpg

I've got 16 of those, Bought these second hand and only put lego in 6 of them for a while but I'm no longer using them at all. (don't want to mix my sets (collector) and don't have the budget to buy multiple sets.)

You can pick these up (All 16 or just what you need) for a fair price at my house (In a city very close to Alkmaar), But I'm not shipping them as that get's expensive and is difficult.

If you interested, Please send me a PM.

Moderator's, I realize this is offtopic but I'm only trying to help him out (And being honest, Myself to because these things will have to be gone before I move house before the end of next year.)

Edited by Sato

I have a bunch of the ones on the right of that image (the drawers). They're quite nice, especially for the price they were sold. Sadly, the line is discontinued. They now have a new line, for the same excellent price, and they're compatible with the previous line (although the sizes are not 100% the same, they are compatible). I can really recommend the old ones (image above) or the new ones which you can buy here (Netherlands or Germany only I believe). Search for VarioPlus Basic.

The only drawback is that 16L beams don't fit in the drawers :sweet:

Since i never posted my setup, here it is. It is actually my desk, i do not have a separate space to build my sets. A addition to my collection is the new Dozer, 420028 which is nice for its price !

14884022800_ca8078f198_c.jpg

14883965479_934ae9cafa_c.jpg

Would the one on the right be of any use to you? (32 drawers, 1 tray)

sd2oli.jpg

I've got 16 of those, Bought these second hand and only put lego in 6 of them for a while but I'm no longer using them at all. (don't want to mix my sets (collector) and don't have the budget to buy multiple sets.)

You can pick these up (All 16 or just what you need) for a fair price at my house (In a city very close to Alkmaar), But I'm not shipping them as that get's expensive and is difficult.

If you interested, Please send me a PM.

Moderator's, I realize this is offtopic but I'm only trying to help him out (And being honest, Myself to because these things will have to be gone before I move house before the end of next year.)

Those exact drawers were sold at Aldi here in Germany and other european countries (I believe they are available in the Netherlands as well). They were always available in January or February. I always point them out in the "Storage and Sorting" thread in the regular Lego discussion forum.

I myself have several of those, but it would be new to me that they were discontinued. This year they just changed some colors.

Also, they are very cheap and quality-wise good enough. The small compartments are pretty exactly 8 studs wide.

Edited by Balrog

Those exact drawers were sold at Aldi here in Germany and other european countries (I believe they are available in the Netherlands as well). They were always available in January or February. I always point them out in the "Storage and Sorting" thread in the regular Lego discussion forum.

I myself have several of those, but it would be new to me that they were discontinued. This year they just changed some colors.

Also, they are very cheap and quality-wise good enough. The small compartments are pretty exactly 8 studs wide.

Yes, they were sold at Aldi here too. The series is called VarioPlus (Basic) from Allit and the old ones with the grey color are discontinued (although they may of course be selling some they have left). The series isn't, the new versions have a new color (yellow), the total height is a little more (I have to measure that though, I'm not sure) and they also have 2 wide drawers now. The "container" is a little modified to hous the 2 wide drawers, the container now has only a support in the middle and not 2 supports to house 4 drawers. Also, the drawers are a little different at the front, but are practically the same size.

Any more info needed? :grin: