My last update for a little while. I am having a building challenge with a friend so for the next week or so I will be busy designing and building :)

29062013_Display.JPG

dude, you're just re-arranging the same lego sets from one cabinet to the other!

Edited by francisalmario

dude, you're just re-arranging the same lego sets from one cabinet to the other!

I do see in this latest picture that he has bought the hover craft from this years first half sets.

I said that 20 times ago. Are these rearrangements necessary to post?

Hi,

I think it is finally time to show my current "collection". Unfortunately, I can just show you what I have currently assembled. Since I am planning to move and make me a proper building and storage area, you will need to wait until that is done.

So here is what I currently have assembled:

porsche997_8258b.jpg

On the left: Crowkillers Porsche 997 GT3

On the right: My modified version of 8258B (without trailer)

More pics of the models are in my Brickshelf folder.

Edited by Balrog

Added set 8251 Sonic Speeder to my collection. I had it for a long time (1999) in my Lego bucket and decided to build it. So, here it it.

9192276672_afe0ec7b84.jpg

Nice collection, you must be a bit of a minifigure fan?.

First i start " to fall in love" :classic: with Lego Technic, but after i start to own a few classic lego sets i start cheating Technic. :grin:

Sorry for my enghish.

Edited by badgogo

Here is a little update on my Technic collection (and CMF).

9645583939_0c1225bb48_z.jpg

9648818492_2a86467534_z.jpg

Here are the sets on display (without the Town and SW which are not build)

Badgogo, I am so jealous of your collection, those are all my dream sets! :wub: Damn, the only technic set I've ever owned is 8069. :grin:

83qdqqj.jpg

This is my collection of sets that are still together. I need more space but if I start cannibalizing a set I do get more shelf space at least!

jadedomg, aren't you affraid of models rolling out from shelf and crashing?

Btw. It looks like you have IKEA EXPEDIT shelves. I was thinking about having same one, but I wonder if you could remove vertical inserts? How do you think, will it keep shelf and horizontal inserts still strong?

The only problem with that kind of display cabinet is - dust...

Maybe you have a sealed room

My built models sitting on the top of our Ikea cabinet...Sealed....in plastic bags :grin:

I'm tired of dusting them off, so I wrapped them in plastic bags

030920131094_zps5dc8f7f6.jpg

030920131098_zps99870454.jpg

Edited by francisalmario

The only problem with that kind of display cabinet is - dust...

Maybe you have a sealed room

Yeah, dust is a killer too. Sadly there are no affordable "Approved for Lego Technic flagmans" shelves/display cabinets with right space and closed from dust.

You can always buy some ordinary cabinets and put glass doors on them. I have done so and i do not have any problem with dust.

Jade if you don't mind me asking are the two cars at the bottom shelf two thing you made your self?

I think one is the 8041 b-model and the other is 9395.

jadedomg, aren't you affraid of models rolling out from shelf and crashing?

Btw. It looks like you have IKEA EXPEDIT shelves. I was thinking about having same one, but I wonder if you could remove vertical inserts? How do you think, will it keep shelf and horizontal inserts still strong?

I turn the wheels to the side and have never had them crash. I got the shelf at rona for $60 and the middle of the shelves are held in place by little dowel pegs because lego isn't that heavy it would keep its shape without it at least.

Jade if you don't mind me asking are the two cars at the bottom shelf two thing you made your self?

pick up truck and b model of the racing truck that wasn't so great as a technic model but at least the b model looked pretty good!

Ok,

I have stayed quiet because I didn't want go blowing my horn without at least a few "stats"

After checking through my collection I can confirm that my complete sets are as follows.

I have 262 complete Technic/Model Team sets

Combined they total 221,542 parts.

The interesting part about those numbers are that they don't include any of the MOC's I have collected for (Rosco's F1 cars are 15k parts alone), nor do they include my parts collection. I estimate that my parts collection is at least triple or more of my complete sets.

I can say, without a doubt that my total "collection" exceeds 1.2m parts.

Fun facts:

According to brickstore regarding the complete sets:

The complete sets weigh 262kg combined (no boxes or instructions)

There are 3734 different lots across those sets

There are only 13972 black pins (less then I would have thought)

There are 84 Metallic Silver Large Wheels (used for Power Puller and F1 cars)

Interestingly, the part-out value of the sets is 15k more than the actual set value

Now, combining the few things I know off the top of my head combining my parts collection and sets I have:

54x Power Puller Wheel sets(tire and rim) (6 actually PP the rest from 8466)

66x of the 68.8 Model Team Type I wheel sets(tire and rim) (5571)

56x Black 40T gears

122x Red/Rust(they are the same) Engine Pistons

26x Buggy Motors

726x Black 1x16 Technic Bricks

When(IF) I ever take the time to inventory my parts collection I will certainly post up some of the stats.

In case your wondering?...everything is meticulously organized and only 4 sets are currently on display

26 rc motors and 48 PP wheels ?!! Your collection is probably worth more than a house!

26 rc motors and 48 PP wheels ?!! Your collection is probably worth more than a house!

Sadly, those numbers are quite outdated...actually exactly 1 year outdated...ha.

In march I made a post (in this topic) that documented the updated numbers with exception to wheels/tires. I believe there are are 64 Power puller wheels now. I don't specifically set out to buy them but It just happens as you collect.

Worth more than a House? ...no doubt about it.

There are 95 Black 40T gears now. I would have had 8 more but they were for sale from Jennifer Clark which means she was trying to help someone build her JS220 Excavator and I would feel bad if I purchased them just to never use them.