how do you set your camera like that?

i doubt this is possible just with a special camera setting - for this you need same "extra" work by hand - i suppose he did the following (or something similar):

1. taking a simple picture as you see - but of course in full color

2. load the picture in a suitable program like Adobe Photoshop

3. name the initial layer "background"

4. selecting the lego-models, copy them and putting them on a own layer named "lego"

5. converting the layer "background" into b/w (e.g. by reducing saturation to zero and slightly enhancing the contrast)

6. Voila - finished

with a program like Adobe Photoshop or Adoba Photoshop elements this is no rocket sience but it is quite easy and takes probably just 10 to 20 minutes - depends on you experience with these techniques...but the only time consuming part is step 4...

All you need is smart and intelligent selection tools - i can recommend Adobe Photoshop elements for this...

Edited by Kumbbl

Or you can use GIMP.

yes, indeed - but the selection tools of Adobe Elements are way smarter and much more intelligent und therefore the important selection task is way easier... but maybe this is slightly OT :wink:

yes, indeed - but the selection tools of Adobe Elements are way smarter and much more intelligent und therefore the important selection task is way easier... but maybe this is slightly OT :wink:

Adobe is great, but GIMP is free, so GIMP is what I use :laugh:

Incredible collections! How do you guys find the room!

Step 1: Buy a bigger house.

Step 2: See Step 1.

I wish my camera could do that!

Then I wouldn't have to tediously mask out shapes in Photoshop :laugh:

I wish my camera could do that!

Then I wouldn't have to tediously mask out shapes in Photoshop :laugh:

For iPhone there is an app PowerCam which allows to take real-time color-key pictures - depends a little bit on the motive but often it works astonishing...

A few more updates. Running out of space what with the Crane Mk2 coming soon!

Beautiful display, but don't put the space shuttle in the window. It will turn yellow!

Beautiful display, but don't put the space shuttle in the window. It will turn yellow!

The same story for the wheels and other white parts of the 8880.

Well I have sold off some stuff (My Samsung tablet and a radio scanner) so I now have some more cash to buy LEGO with :)

Here is a photo of me latest setup, some spare shelf space for some new additions soon :)

04062013_Office.jpg

This is an awesome thread! Wish I had a display case, all I have is a desk with a mess on it! hahaha

This is an awesome thread! Wish I had a display case, all I have is a desk with a mess on it! hahaha

I even like looking at messes :)

Well I have sold off some stuff (My Samsung tablet and a radio scanner) so I now have some more cash to buy LEGO with :)

Here is a photo of me latest setup, some spare shelf space for some new additions soon :)

04062013_Office.jpg

It's funny that I always notice first the evolution of your storage space/shelf space than your lego collection :laugh:

Thanks a lot. :)

Actually I thought of that and put a UV cutting filter on the window. Its bright light outside but most of it doesn't come in. That should help?

That's a good idea, what filter did you go for, I have no idea if it would would but sounds like a good addition to me

It's funny that I always notice first the evolution of your storage space/shelf space than your lego collection :laugh:

I am fairly settled with it now, time to get serious about building :)

[...]

Does anybody else have a webpage where they list their sets like this? I would be keen to see others to get some ideas.

Well... You can look at my Brickset collection. :wink:

Or do you mean something else?

Nice collections everyone, i really like your setup. Here are my models, not in the display mode, but on the floor.

8946750387_fff4348249_c.jpg

a little update on the parking positions of my finished mocs, actual wip and future projects.

9050075997_efa3bfa2bc_c.jpg