All of your collections are really nice, I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic? It has only been about a year and a half for myself so my collection isn't close to as diverse as most of what I see or as many spare parts.

I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic?

Since four years old......I am now 22 and still buying what you see above is only my technic collection. I have a few tubs of the regular stuff as well.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Since four years old......I am now 22 and still buying what you see above is only my technic collection. I have a few tubs of the regular stuff as well.

I envy all the studded parts you have and that tool box filled with gears! I just imagine how long it would take me to get that much.

I envy all the studded parts you have and that tool box filled with gears! I just imagine how long it would take me to get that much.

I have four compartments full of them but i need to buy more small half tan bevel gears, I have broke a few resonantly.:laugh:

All of your collections are really nice, I love seeing your workplaces as well. How long have most of you been collecting technic? It has only been about a year and a half for myself so my collection isn't close to as diverse as most of what I see or as many spare parts.

I've been into LEGO since Cybermaster came out. That was my first LEGO set btw.

Hi everyone, I'm gonna write my collection 'cause I haven't enought space for display for now. As far as a workplace concerns I use the kitchen round table extended.

8043x2-8053

8250-8258-8265-8275-8288

8436-8455

8620-8640-8660-8680

8825-8839-8849-8851-8853-8854-8855-8856x2-8862-8868-8872-8891Book

My collection seems like a drop of water compared to a lake or a sea someone has :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Here are the sets currently on display(8660-8856-8854-8872-8043-8455)

img1927t.jpg

Where all others sets are..divided and inside plastic bags.

img1928v.jpg

Manuals are inside individual plastic bags and haven't shot a pic of them.

And here are my spare parts, not so many I know, but just discovered bricklink and must start use it :cry_sad: :cry_sad: *huh*

img1930jh.jpg

I'd keep my sets inside a closed cabin to avoid dust on them and plan to build it this winter, can't figure out how you can keep them on display in open air inside your rooms *huh* *huh* . What about all the dusts on them then? When I buy a 2nd hand set, 1st thing I do is to wash all the pieces :laugh:

BIG COMPLIMENTS to some of YOU for your workplace,your pieces organization and your collection!!

Ciao Flavio

Edited by Foggy

Sorry I don't have a camera so I can't post pics, but I can say I have 138 sets (95% technic) plus a few bricklink orders which comes to about 81000 parts. I have only one or two sets/MOCs built, the rest is sorted into organisers which when all staked up is about 6 feet high. My most common part is the trusty 2M black connector peg of which I have 6772. So still way off blackbird who I would guess has at least 3 times as much!

EDIT:

BTW I was wondering out of all your collections what would you say is your prized items. I would have to say mine is 8868, 8480, 8880 and a few others all mint in box.

Edited by allanp

Here's mine, although the shelves are much closer to full now. I also have a wheeled bin under the bed that's kinda full. And a box of wheels (now that the road train is taken apart there's a lot of wheels)

desk-and-shelves-1_.jpg desk-and-shelves-2_.jpg (click for bigger)

My web site

Sorry I don't have a camera.

*huh*

BTW I was wondering out of all your collections what would you say is your prized items. I would have to say mine is 8868, 8480, 8880 and a few others all mint in box.

The four micromotors,8 pneumatic cylinder brackets,9 small pneumatic rams,PF rechargeable battery and lot of those red and yellow panels. :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

My collection is pretty small too. I started buying Technics around 2008/2009.

collection.jpg

I'd keep my sets inside a closed cabin to avoid dust on them and plan to build it this winter, can't figure out how you can keep them on display in open air inside your rooms *huh* *huh* . What about all the dusts on them then?

Well, where's the fun of having a set if i don't see it ? I buy them to build them and then, they're going on display.

Here's my collection of lego technic sets.

I have been collecting since two years.

img_0703-small.jpg

img_0704-small.jpg

img_0705-small.jpg

And here are my spare parts :)

img_0706-small.jpg

img_0707-small.jpg

I think I have quite a lot of lego technic but i'm jealous of "Blakbird's" lego technic collection :)

Grts Stephen

Don,t be Jealous Stephen,

Your collection is great :thumbup: .

You displaid your collection and i break mine apart for parts.

From the 25 sets i have i only build once 5 sets the rest off it i have never build it. Sorry i don't like building sets only mocking works for me :laugh:

I would take a photo, but unfortunately all mine's packed up while we wait to move... frustratingly, we don't even have a date and I've had the 2011 Bucket Truck sitting new in box for a month while I wait :hmpf_bad:

It's not exactly the most diverse collection, being mostly studless from the last 6-7 years. I have a few old sets from the studded era (which are apparently rather desirable ones, but which I acquired in poor condition so I kinda abandoned them) and then also a few miscellaneous sets from the last few years.

I have to say, though Technic is easily my favourite theme, the 2010 Space Shuttle is probably one of my favourite sets. It looks incredible when displayed and I always get questions about it :sweet:

Well, where's the fun of having a set if i don't see it ? I buy them to build them and then, they're going on display.

I'm gonna make doors with glass so can see them...

Ok,

I have stayed quiet because I didn't want go blowing my horn without at least a few "stats"

After checking through my collection I can confirm that my complete sets are as follows.

I have 262 complete Technic/Model Team sets

Combined they total 221,542 parts.

The interesting part about those numbers are that they don't include any of the MOC's I have collected for (Rosco's F1 cars are 15k parts alone), nor do they include my parts collection. I estimate that my parts collection is at least triple or more of my complete sets.

I can say, without a doubt that my total "collection" exceeds 1.2m parts.

Fun facts:

According to brickstore regarding the complete sets:

The complete sets weigh 262kg combined (no boxes or instructions)

There are 3734 different lots across those sets

There are only 13972 black pins (less then I would have thought)

There are 84 Metallic Silver Large Wheels (used for Power Puller and F1 cars)

Interestingly, the part-out value of the sets is 15k more than the actual set value

Now, combining the few things I know off the top of my head combining my parts collection and sets I have:

54x Power Puller Wheel sets(tire and rim) (6 actually PP the rest from 8466)

66x of the 68.8 Model Team Type I wheel sets(tire and rim) (5571)

56x Black 40T gears

122x Red/Rust(they are the same) Engine Pistons

26x Buggy Motors

726x Black 1x16 Technic Bricks

When(IF) I ever take the time to inventory my parts collection I will certainly post up some of the stats.

In case your wondering?...everything is meticulously organized and only 4 sets are currently on display

Sounds impressive nychase :thumbup: You mention that only 4 of the sets are on display. How do you store all your other sets then? Any chance for you to post some pics of your set and parts storage setup?

I'm interested as I have quite a few sets that I bought in lots which I'm in the process of inventorying and are currently stored haphazardly. In the future I'd like to be able to store them in a more organised fashion in a dedicated working space, so the more ideas the better :)

Ok,

I have stayed quiet because I didn't want go blowing my horn without at least a few "stats"

After checking through my collection I can confirm that my complete sets are as follows.

I have 262 complete Technic/Model Team sets

Combined they total 221,542 parts.

The interesting part about those numbers are that they don't include any of the MOC's I have collected for (Rosco's F1 cars are 15k parts alone), nor do they include my parts collection. I estimate that my parts collection is at least triple or more of my complete sets.

I can say, without a doubt that my total "collection" exceeds 1.2m parts.

Fun facts:

According to brickstore regarding the complete sets:

The complete sets weigh 262kg combined (no boxes or instructions)

There are 3734 different lots across those sets

There are only 13972 black pins (less then I would have thought)

There are 84 Metallic Silver Large Wheels (used for Power Puller and F1 cars)

Interestingly, the part-out value of the sets is 15k more than the actual set value

Now, combining the few things I know off the top of my head combining my parts collection and sets I have:

54x Power Puller Wheel sets(tire and rim) (6 actually PP the rest from 8466)

66x of the 68.8 Model Team Type I wheel sets(tire and rim) (5571)

56x Black 40T gears

122x Red/Rust(they are the same) Engine Pistons

26x Buggy Motors

726x Black 1x16 Technic Bricks

When(IF) I ever take the time to inventory my parts collection I will certainly post up some of the stats.

In case your wondering?...everything is meticulously organized and only 4 sets are currently on display

Very very nice, would like to see some photo's though :grin:

I posted a video of my Lego room on youtube. I don't really have room for built models now, before the move I had around 400 models in my front room, kitchen and bedroom but my wife to be found this to be a bit mad. lol

Now I have a large but packed Lego room and a garage!

just a few days ago I assembled most of my sets (8455, 8070, 8466, 8258, 8043, 8263):

lego-sets-092012.JPG

but this morning I just received the 3 x 9797, a 9398 and a 8110 :sweet: , so it's gonna take a while to design a new organization system.

will post photos when finished

Edited by mescalinum
Oversized image removed.