CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

One missing colour is white.

Oh and I checked about release date: its march 2013.

Yay! March is earlier than I expected, but since it´s not the winter release, it means I don´t have to reign in my Ninjago and Chima purchases!

Robot henchman......henchman does sound like a good guy does it ? (perhaps Goggle Translate again eh ? :wink:)

"henchman" is not really a name it's a follower or a "wing-man" for the robot. I think a minifig with a jetpack.

I don´t know what you´d consider bright or dull, but it´s probably the same orange as the Power Miner sets.

I consider bright as in the Power Miners and dull as a new color that is slightly more light than the Power Miners' one.

Going on the one picture we've seen I think the orange is just the same orange as in Power miners and Mars mission.

So there' another team member we don't know about?

Edited by Jargo

So there' another team member we don't know about?

I just wanted to ask the same question. I always thought a squad would consist of four soldiers/trooper/space heroes whatever. So I thought a red, blue, green and orange unit would be all. A quick wiki search teached me I was wrong on this one. Squad doesn't mean 4.

I love this concept for this new line. Not just average astronauts, but charakters with names and personalities, many new astronauts in different colors to look forward to, cool insctoid enemies. This really sound like a cool new line. If the sets/vehicles also look great, I might buy the whole line next year.

Oh and I checked about release date: its march 2013.

It does seem like LEGO will start having a big Spring 2013 wave. Hopefully this means lots of new sets every season starting in 2013!

This Spring wave will have: Galaxy Squad, Lone Ranger, LOTR, some City Coast Guard sets, and maybe IM3 sets.

Edited by just2good

Thoughts after seeing the Babelfished product descriptions and seeing the postage-stamp-sized picture of a set:

1. Solomon Blaze is the best name EVER for a Lego hero.

2. Chuck Stonebreaker is the absolute worst.

3. This is going to be a very cool theme.

4. ADU helmets rock.

5. Yup, lone female protag appears only in the most expensive sets. Of course.

6. Reading Lego set descriptions auto-translated from German is a hilarious way to spend an hour or so of your Sunday morning.

Edited by Gryphon Ink

Don't forget that we have these figs to go with the Galaxy Squad members:

tn_col013_jpg.jpgtn_col093_jpg.jpgtn_col104_jpg.jpg

They might not be official members, but they do fit aesthetically. :wink:

And maybe one of the bigger sets next wave will feature the Galaxy Patrol armor.

I'm guessing next wave will have a new human sub-faction, like purple.

Will there be a next wave? Does anyone "in the know" know if it's a one off or planned for expansions?? The lack of "squads" for the color teams does seem to invite more sets, after all..

Will there be a next wave? Does anyone "in the know" know if it's a one off or planned for expansions?? The lack of "squads" for the color teams does seem to invite more sets, after all..

Nope. This is definitely a one-wave theme.

The concept cannot really expand and be interesting to young LEGO fans.

I don't think the term "squad" is referencing the different colored "teams" but all of them together. They call Chuck Stonebreaker the "green hero of [the] Galaxy Squad". Other than the Orange team, the rest are just one human and one or more robots. I think everyone is too hung up on the use of the word "squad" and any official meanings thereof.

After reading this through, I've come to the conclusion that the set we're seeing here is the biggest one. The Commando shuttle mentions an orange team, so this must be the commando shuttle.

Information known about the Commando shuttle so far:

It will cost $69:99 USD

Its orange

It has three minifigures.

Well, from the boxart we could see below the set, it already looked like it was the big set.

Thank goodness this is scheduled for Spring 2013. I won't feel guilty now spending money I could use to finish my Ninjago collection. Music to my ears. Luckily my wallet doesn't have ears.

Also the small pics that we've seen, and the translated descriptions make me want 'em more and more. Loving the idea for this theme, and this time I won't miss out on it like Alien Conquest.

GLAXY PRATROL FIGS CONFRIMED FOR 2013!!

6639278669_2c649ec988.jpg

Oh wait, those are just from BrickJournal on their Alien Conquest preliminary coverage. Those red helmets look great though along with the suit, so that might be how the Galaxy Patrol figures look...

Edited by just2good

If that's similar to what they look like, I'll be happy.

Edited by DraikNova

I think it goes without saying that, regarding Rez's comment, it's too soon to tell.

Edited by Draykov

This comment brings up an interesting point that I've never really understood, what makes one theme be selected for a single wave and others planned for multiple waves? I've seen this justification thrown around plenty of times before, "oh there's not enough story to justify another wave.." but that's really just a load of crap. -None- of the themes have a ton of story. -All- of the themes have a ton of story. There's no difference except what people decide to make up a story for, and it's not like any of the stories that carry some of the longer lasting lego themes are anything overly complex. Is there any real conceptual difference between multicolored ninjas fighting different bad guys for 3 or 4 waves and multicolored spacemen fighting different bad guys?

Do we even know the storyline of this theme in the first place? No,

and if it sells well, they will surely try hard enough to think of something else. And otherwise,

what could the next space theme be? Perhaps the revival of Blacktron we've been wanting to see?

Nothing has really been confirmed, but I don't it's think TOO early to tell. It's a bit early, sure, but not TOO early.

We knew Ninjago would get more than one wave before it was released. We know Chima will get more than one wave. But after the (sad) sales of Alien Conquest and the second wave of Power Miners, Atlantis (besides that Temple set), Space Police, and Kingdom sets (besides that Mill set) , I think LEGO will just make one wave non-licensed themes for themes that don't seem to have a main selling point, or themes that don't seem to be getting a lot of advertising. Heck, I knew Friends would get another wave when I first saw it. It would be weird to not give a second wave to a theme that put out a whole new figure type. Let's take a look at the themes that have gotten more than one wave since 2011. Ninjago (spinners and a TV show), Friends (minidolls and a TV show), and Chima (ripcords and a TV show).

But, like always, my comments are just pure speculation. LEGO seems to be changing the structure of release in 2013, so who knows. Heck, I'm even basing the sales of other themes on my observations. Since they now have 4 big waves per year (more speculation), they might give another chance to Monster Fighters in the Fall 2013 wave, or to Galaxy in the Spring 2014 wave. Believe me when I say I want TLG to prove me wrong. :wink:

Edited by just2good

A lot of advanced planning goes into play themes, so we can't always assume the performance of one theme directly impacts the plan for the theme immediately following it in the same genre (space, in this case). I haven't seen the LEGO Group's 2012 Annual Report, so I don't presume to know how well any particular theme did in terms of sales. If Alien Conquest did poorly, that's news to me. There is also a lot of demand from retailers for new product, so regardless of the success of a theme or not, LEGO is under a certain amount of pressure to always be coming up with something different. Some themes get multiple waves, some don't. Ninjago has been wildly popular, but I think most would agree that it's in a category all it's own and not really part of a larger, evergreen genre (Ninjago doesn't quite fit into Castle the way the old ninja line did).

All of that to say, I think there are relatively few LEGO fans out there with any genuine idea of what goes into these decisions based on empirical evidence. Any folks who have first-hand knowledge are probably not at liberty to discuss it in the general public.

Edited by Draykov

All of that to say, I think there are relatively few LEGO fans out there with any genuine idea of what goes into these decisions based on empirical evidence. Any folks who have first-hand knowledge are probably not at liberty to discuss it in the general public.

You're right! :wink:

I really hope this one sells well.