CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

The purple pod on the back of the ship would most likely be the propulsion exhaust yes? Otherwise I don't see how the thing would manoeuvre through space.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I will get ALL of the figures. All of 'em. Gonna make a Twitch family portrait. :grin:

As soon as I saw the figures, all I thought about was you and your love of the twitch minifigure. :laugh:

Anyhow, if that is a real set of the theme, it looks great. The figures are awesome, and we still haven't even seen the soldiers or humans. :moar:

A second look at these figures and they're already screaming "buy us... buy us..." to me.

Should all fit in rather nicely with my Insectoid General MOC from last month, but now I'd like to have a few Twitch figures as well.

It's a shame they're fairly expensive on BL, so here's just me hoping that there won't just one kind of Insectoid, these look really cool.

The purple pod on the back of the ship would most likely be the propulsion exhaust yes? Otherwise I don't see how the thing would manoeuvre through space.

Well, the insectoids themselves have zero propulsion save for wings, so I'm guessing LEGO is asking for suspension of disbelief on that front. Seeing as wings would be absolutely useless in a vacuum.

I'm guessing a container for captured marines, but time will tell.

I love it! The insect bad guys look just like I've imagened them from the description. Very cool! I was hoping they would go for black, but green/lime for those guys and their ships is okay, too.

Well, the insectoids themselves have zero propulsion save for wings, so I'm guessing LEGO is asking for suspension of disbelief on that front. Seeing as wings would be absolutely useless in a vacuum.

They are obviously solar wind ionization/propulsion panels, not wings :wink:

Mosquito looks awesome. :excited: Anybody noticed that the ship has got zamor sphere launcher build in a tail?

8143775507_8f883fd205_c.jpg

And regarding purple thing I think that its just engine of the ship.

Edited by Krulis

I'm guessing the purple pod is either some sort of bomb or a habitat for the invaders. Also, I already noticed the blaster, check the page before.

Edited by DraikNova

Having bought some of the original insectoids and found them a bit lackluster (the figs were so-so, and there was a distinctive lack of articulated limbs on the vehicles), this time they're getting it right. Love the use of the second set of arms and the new insectile head on the figs. Much like SP3, I hope there are a variety of insectoids.

I'd love to see the flagship set be a large beetle, where the wings open and there is a command center and maybe a retractable weapon of some sort. I'd love to see them incorporate a play feature where the beetle lays her "eggs", essentially little pods with insectoids within. There are so many potential ideas to do with a theme like this. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the line.

This reminds me of the battle-bugs theme. For anyone unfamiliar, Lino Martins has built some amazing battle bugs, his wasp being one of the most noteworthy. I got to see it at Brickcon, and it's very cool.

This looks like it could be really fun theme!

Can't wait for pics now. :moar:

A theme tie in.....now there's a first for Lego ! :wink:

I guess the designers sat up all night once watching Starship Troopers and the original BSG.....yes, those bugs remind me of the Ovions from the three part pilot of 1978 BSG (the best :thumbup: series....not that 2003 one :thumbdown: )

6125221030_25179b4a1b.jpg

He doesn't but the beam of energy has attracted them like moths to a lightbulb.

Plus in Monster Fighters....if you have all those coloured rock things together they unlock the forces of evil or something.....and what's more evil than an invading army of space bugs ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

He doesn't but the beam of energy has attracted them like moths to a lightbulb.

A genius comparison. Incidentally, it seems LEGO has become obsessed with four-armed minifigures lately. If this pattern continues, an alien queen for this series will probably have six or eight arms.

I wonder what variations of those insect aliens we'll have? I'd love some that wear helmets etc...

A genius comparison. Incidentally, it seems LEGO has become obsessed with four-armed minifigures lately. If this pattern continues, an alien queen for this series will probably have six or eight arms.

Incidentally, where is anyone seeing four-armed minifigs? That comic page has none-- methinks people might be confusing the red chest patterns with additional red hands. Unless someone's seen four-armed bugfigs in a retailer's catalog or something...

I can confirm that ship is indeed from this theme.

And there are no four armed minifigs.

I can confirm that ship is indeed from this theme.

And there are no four armed minifigs.

Are the mosquitoes the only bugs? What do the good guys look like?

-Sci

Are the mosquitoes the only bugs? What do the good guys look like?

-Sci

Good point......Lego has totally shown the hand yet.....not even by a long shot. :wink: