CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Got the Star Slicer and Bug Obliterator for my birthday. Star Slicer overall was pretty eh. But I was pleasantly surprised by the Obliterator. The splitting function especially is very well executed.

And if I'm not mistaken, that rounds out the wave one collection. Come Christmas, I'll finish off wave 2.

And it's for that reason that I'm sad this theme is ending. Very rarely do I collect every set of a theme (the only other one being Pharaoh's Quest). Just shows how good Galaxy Squad is, and now that it's over I'm a little bummed. The least they could've done is given us a 20 minute short like Atlantis. Hopefully the next sci-fi theme will be something equally as cool.

I found all of the Galaxy Squad sets at my local target on for 75% off. Unfortunately it must say something about how well the theme has been doing as far as sales. Kinda sad as its been one of the better space themes so far. It was a lucky find at least. We filled the cab of my friends truck with sets.

That's insane. Strange, because locally I haven't seen much of Galaxy Squad recently. Especially not the first wave, and I haven't seen the Swarm Interceptor for months.

Shame, because I was keen to buy a few as Christmas presents, it's a good set.

It took months for the sets to show up in my area. Even when I went to the lego store in Vancouver they didn't have any.

A high curve for the set prices with the cheapest set being 15 dollars didn't help this theme get to a good start.

Brickset has posted a link to scans of the 2014 German LEGO catalog (because it has pictures of all the Mixels). Sadly, Galaxy Squad sets are completely missing. :sad: Only Star Wars is there to represent LEGO Space.

However, I do have to say that some of Ninjago and Chima ship/vehicle designs are really appealling, as are of course the LEGO Movie sets. It's obvious where the designers have invested their creative energies. The Scorpion Tribe set 70132 looks like something that the GS could easily encounter as a new galactic (or maybe just planetary) menace...

Maybe we might see some Galaxy Squad sets next summer?

I believe Galaxy Squad is on the list of every prior 'one & done' theme. If and when we get another original Space theme, it could be a couple of years before that happens. I do enjoy the builds with their characters and always look forward to the next Space theme if anything just to get a break from yet even more Star Wars. Star Wars is cool but it is tiring how much the license has become Lego's only space theme.

I believe Galaxy Squad is on the list of every prior 'one & done' theme. If and when we get another original Space theme, it could be a couple of years before that happens. I do enjoy the builds with their characters and always look forward to the next Space theme if anything just to get a break from yet even more Star Wars. Star Wars is cool but it is tiring how much the license has become Lego's only space theme.

Galaxy Squad was a 2 wave theme, which is pretty much the max for any modern non licensed or non media tie in theme. I think it did well, but we will probably be without a "space" specific theme until the Lego Movie runs its course.

Galaxy Squad was a 2 wave theme, which is pretty much the max for any modern non licensed or non media tie in theme. I think it did well, but we will probably be without a "space" specific theme until the Lego Movie runs its course.

If this is the end of qalaxy squad , I hope Lego makes a new pirates theme!!

If this is the end of qalaxy squad , I hope Lego makes a new pirates theme!!

For the love of everything seafaring, yes please! Lego revisited Castle this year, it would be sweet if they traveled back to good ol' fashioned Pirates. :pir-classic:

Edited by TheOrcKing

It wasn't really a two wave theme. Didn't all of the sets come out at the same time in the UK?

It wasn't really a two wave theme. Didn't all of the sets come out at the same time in the UK?

In the UK, yes and in the US, no.

I do hope we get a new pirate theme, I really want to see squids, sharks, monkey's, parrots, snakes, spiders, and crocodiles! :wub_drool:

Yeah I think Galaxy Squad is over and out. It was good while it lasted. Which wasn't very long, roughly 6 months here.

Hoping for a lean year of Lego expenses for 2014, so I'm not all that disappointed.

The only set really missing is a Space base with a old stile baseplate and some building and landing place.

So, my GS collection has been completed. Still have to build a few more sets, but they're all in my possession. Well, aside from one polybag, but I can go without.

As I said before I'm sad this theme is over, but I feel they really outdid themselves with wave 2. There're all just so good. In my eyes, Galaxy Squad went out with a satisfying bang.

Bad news guys, but here's another nail in the Galaxy Squad coffin. The Dutch catalogue has no Galaxy Squad pages, but it does have 2 pages for the already existing Castle line and 1 for TMNT (but no new sets for either). So I can only assume that since they aren't even advertising this theme in the first half of the year, there won't be anything new out in the 2nd half either. Other than Lone Ranger I can't think of anything else released last year that doesn't appear.

Yeah, same result for the US catalogue. No mention of Galaxy Squad. :sad:

But hey, they are bringing back LEGO Agents later this year, and Space Police has had a revival or two, so maybe GS will return someday...

The FR catalogue don't have any GS pages...

I'll unpin this thread and start a general Sci-Fi thread for 2014